Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know I'm no regular (ruined a few of the PSOW meetup photos ), I never reached any level caps in PSU even from launch, but I stopped playing just over a year ago, around level 40 or so.

Now, my girlfriend has expressed an interest in playing after hearing me ramble about my love for PSO so I was thinking of starting up again.

I've read a bit about how things have changed, but what do you guys recommend to help her level up? Is it still as difficult as it was to find meseta on C/B rank runs? Is experience more available now the level caps have gone up so much?

Any advice or points you'd like to make would be very welcome.

-Northernsky.

I'd say tell her to be whatever class she's comfy with. If shes a rough and tumble fighter type, get her into FF. If she likes to support or likes high speed combat, get her into Teching or Acrofighter/Figh. She'll find a niche in the game, we all do.
    Ever hunting on and on for Friends, Enemies, and Rarz!

Meseta drops are good on lower levels and some missions give tons of mission points. And the MAG event drops April 25th so both of you won't have a problem leveling up.
    Xbox 360 - Prototype 07 Cast M AT Lv 180
    JP PSU -Proto Human M GT Lv 70

I too left during the level 60 cap and came back to find the game 10 times less stressful and lots of things improved. The game is easier in most respects so depending on your point of view that is either bad or good. Meseta grows on trees even on c/b rank runs. If you play an hour a night spamming White Beast in Neudaiz, you can gain 3-4 levels a night straight up to about level 90 (assuming as soon as you reach the prerequisites you go to a higher rank mission). Lots of weapons, PA's, and clothes. Many new lobbies to just afk at also. I recommend coming back. ;P

Don't worry about leveling up now. It is much more friendly in terms of leveling now than it was when the game first came out. If you decide to get the expansion then the leveling will become that much easier as some of the more major experience boards are expansion exclusive.
    Work hard, play harder.

Well as a recent returnee my self first things first get the expansion, cause on april 25th there is gona be an event starting and exp will be increaced by 250% so if ever there was a chance to catch up that would be the time...

It's a perfect time to come back. Job levels are farly easy, with some C rank missions giving well over 120+ mission points, 250+ meseta was dropping commonly on lowbie C rank Linear Line runs, and XP will get the boost towards the end of this month ;D

Seriously? Sounds like a very good time to get back then. I might get started tomorrow! I'll reactivate my account and hunt down a copy of the expansion as soon as possible.

I remember when I left the economy had just collapsed, people were selling elemental photons for ridiculous amounts, has that sort of thing died down now?

I remember a PSU Wiki that had lots of interesting and useful stuff, I can't find it anymore though, has it disappeared?
    (Edit: found it, sorry...)

Thanks everyone,

-Northernsky.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firedancer on 2008-04-09 13:30 ]</font>

yea no more hacking

the prices are still high on PC but not nearly as high as they used to be.

also with an event coming out at the end of this month, yes it is a great time for u to come back

Welcome Back lol
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

On 2008-04-09 13:28, Firedancer wrote:
    Seriously? Sounds like a very good time to get back then. I might get started tomorrow! I'll reactivate my account and hunt down a copy of the expansion as soon as possible.

I remember when I left the economy had just collapsed, people were selling elemental photons for ridiculous amounts, has that sort of thing died down now?

I remember a PSU Wiki that had lots of interesting and useful stuff, I can't find it anymore though, has it disappeared?
    (Edit: found it, sorry...)

Thanks everyone,

-Northernsky.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firedancer on 2008-04-09 13:30 ]</font>
    LOL YAY I'M NOT THE ONLY V1 PLAYER ANYMORE!!!