Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finally picked up my ASCII keyboard, and while I'm rather happy with the look and feel of it (I thought it would be awkward to use, but it's not) I find it hard to type since my fingers don't even fit on the home row.

I have to end up typing with one finger or I'll mash random keys since they are so close together.

But then again, beggars can't be choosers, this product wasn't exactly made for the populace outside of Japan.

I got one a couple weeks ago and I agree with you, the keys are TINY, but it beats the software keyboard. I think this was addressed before in the huge keyboard thread at top too, where this should be also

tired little somebody in an forgotten place

i dont have it but i heard people in lobbies complaining because they say the keys are very tiny. heh i just wish they would release keyboard in us

On 2003-01-20 13:25, Guntz348 wrote:
    I got one a couple weeks ago and I agree with you, the keys are TINY, but it beats the software keyboard. I think this was addressed before in the huge keyboard thread at top too, where this should be also
    Yeah, I realized that after I posted this.

I'm sure a mod will fix my mistake.

The keyboard was made for japanese people, and as everyone knows they are smaller than the average american. As well as making the keys any larger would make the hybrid controller/keyboard gigantic and then it wouldn't have been such a good idea to make.

Keys arent my problem, I seem to always hit the CAPS-LOCK when I'm trying to SHIFT.

Whatever happened to the USA size KB's displayed at E3?

On 2003-01-20 14:57, Zio wrote:
    The keyboard was made for japanese people, and as everyone knows they are smaller than the average american. As well as making the keys any larger would make the hybrid controller/keyboard gigantic and then it wouldn't have been such a good idea to make.
    I don't think it was a good idea. All of the people I who I ask "Do you use your KB to play, or do you use a separate controller?" always say they use a separate controller, and so do I.

Yeah, the keyboard is kinda lame. Everyone has one here in Japan... me being the big whitey, I assumed it was the same as everything -- I'm just Gaijin size in a world built for smaller Japanese people.

I made a comment about it in a game, and another guy was like, "Don't worry -- this keyboard doesn't fit ANYONE!"

PSO Assassin
    NYC, Staten Island (the forgotten borough)

I'm asian (small hands too) and the keyboard is even small for me. It is also very hard to type at a normal pace because sometimes if you even run your finger over a key it will still produce the letter.

While if you don't like it don't use it. If you bought it and don't like it too bad. So stop bitching