Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is for my fortefighter. I really don't feel like leveling up all the elemental ones, so which one is more useful, Mayalee or Penetrating?

Right now I'm leaning toward Mayalee, but I want some other opinions before I throw away 60 frags.

Thanks.

Penetrating Hit is a good box opener...and for tagging monsters before they die. Just get Mayalee.

Penetrating Hit is super weak and basically useless. Mayalee does good damage and is neutral but with the PP cost and handguns having low PP it makes the lack of ammo frustrating. I would honestly say that dark hit or frozen hit are overall the best choices for handgun rounds IMO
    Cheating is just an admission of personal inadequacy.

Yeah, I noticed that the pp cost is steep for mayalee, but that doesn't matter to me at all. I can afford to use an extra photon charge per run.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RRBM on 2008-04-22 23:21 ]</font>

I'd suggest if you're basically just using it for hitting switches and flying enemies, and you don't want to get elemental ones... don't waste the PA frags either. Just go with a base bullet. Having a handgun is already a vast improvement over half the FF's that play the game. But I'd suggest getting the ice bullet.

THE JACKEL

SFS/Nth Gen Interactive Rayokarna's Avatar

Ice and Fire are one of the best IMO.

dont do penetrating because the range is severely reduced on that PA

I personally use all eight on my Fortefighter, but if you don't want to go through all that problem for just circumstantial use just go with:

·Mayalee Hit:
    -Dragon fights, just to double hit the neck while the bastard is flying around.

·Frozen Hit:
    -Pestering bird types which almost all result to be Fire element (Zoona, Shagreece, Kudetob, Tengoh).
    -Jarbas (Just in case you don't feel like meleeing them. Safety or isolation purposes. Example: two Jarbas in the room and you are alone, sharpshoot one of them for 700 per hit and then once the first is done charge safely to the back of the other and focus on him with Bogga Robado or other single target mass damage skill).
    -Goshin anti jellen control (if you are shotting while they pop out off the ground they will do it "on guard" and not attacking).
    -Onmagoug wings.

·Plasma Hit:
    -Awoken serpent Zoonas.
    -Bul Buna anti jellen control (read above).
    -Dimmagolus wings.

Every one of the eight has it's own uses and I think every player should exploit his class and make use of every bit of versatility the class offers to him (even a no brainer like Fortefighter, which isn't true) but those are the main you could care.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dakkon on 2008-04-23 04:51 ]</font>
    Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.

Dakkon Blackblade, Beast Male (Level 150), FF 20 - PC/PS2, Online
    Tor Wauki, Cast Male (Level 150), FG 20 - PC/PS2, Online
    Marhault, Human Male (Level 150), MF 20/FT 20/AT 20 - PC/PS2, Online
    Frankie Peanuts, Cast Male (Level 150), GT 20/FI 20/AF 20 - PC/PS2, Online

mayalee and ice. penetrating is good for techers..
    PSO2 Ramen Force Newman Male
    Ship 10
    Block 20

Well as FF you wont really care about spreading SE's otherwise I would reccomend virus and fire, I still reccomend lvling them all up but if you only want to lvl one of them I would go with

fire or ice.