Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

it is not that i hate lucas or pit they just seem a little bit newbie to me.
    i do not like lucas because he makes ness seem like a slighty more handy-capped version, which is why just use ness. pit i feel kinda cheap if i use him so i just do not. i do not care if other people use them more the challenge to me.

peach is not really that bad, i used her in melee and in brawl personally i do not see much a difference but that is just my style so i dunno. her final smash is useful in team battles, having someone like ike charge an attack right in front of the opponent is always nice.

i just learn to use all characters, did the same in melee. variety is always nice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seph_monkey on 2008-04-24 23:53 ]</font>

On 2008-04-24 18:04, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
    you people are absurd

Ridley and Kraid since then, have both been made to be Huge. That's one of their DEFINING characteristics. Even in metroid zero mission, the remake of the first one, they were made bigger. Omega Pirate was only in one game, and was huge.

If you can't see this clear difference, then there is no point in even talking to you. Making Kraid or Ridley the size of any of the Smash Bros characters... just makes no sense in my head after playing all the Metroid games. I have no idea how you can even clearly see that in yours.
    (this topic of the size of Ridley has been argued countless times. And obviously the game makers believed it was better to have Ridley be a boss in SSE)

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2008-04-24 18:13 ]</font>
    I'm agreeing with every word on this. If you ever played Super Metroid you'd realize Kraid took up TWO screens. They will NOT resize him that much just to be a character. Ridley was still three times as tall as Samus in Super Metroid.

Bowser has had many sizes over the years so it's excusable that his size is on par with other characters.

On 2008-04-23 15:25, Zorafim wrote:
    Kraid and Ridley too big? They are just as big as Samus is before they got cloned.

Mine would have to be Ganon. I'm glad he's in, but... What the hell? He runs like a nerd, his moves are still based off of Captain Falcon, and there isn't even any mention of him existing before Twilight Princess. Trident of Power? Nope. Magic reflectable balls? Nuh-uh. But Epic Backfist of Doom? You'd better believe it!
    Who cares if he never used anything remotely like that, or the fact that he never fought hand-to-hand? Who cares that the form used in most of the game he was in isn't even mentioned? He can flying uppercut!
    First off ice pics of kraid & ripley second i agree with you about how ganor fights so ummmm unganondorf like hahaha

I'm agreeing with every word on this. If you ever played Super Metroid you'd realize Kraid took up TWO screens. They will NOT resize him that much just to be a character. Ridley was still three times as tall as Samus in Super Metroid.

Bowser has had many sizes over the years so it's excusable that his size is on par with other characters.
    Ok i understand your opinions regarding this matter however im pretty sure that was not the reasoning behinds nintendos decision to not have them as playable characters. i mean this is the same group of people that do not allow captain falcon to use a gun while he has one in a holster at all times.

i have played every metroid game and i understand that th characters are way bigger however i seriously doght that thats the

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eXo on 2008-04-26 03:13 ]</font>

Personally, I don't have any real problems. All the characters have their UPS and DOWNS. Which is the way every good fighting combat game should be.

Oh, also: On Ridley and Kraid. Take a moment and observe Metroid: Zero Mission. Are they Samus sized THEN? No. Thus they wouldn't work. Besides, the fights would draw down to Ridley flying across the stage, attacking with his tail (kinda like what happens in the ACTUAL GAME)

No... Ridley would probably be able to glide, but no actual flight...

Do you see Ganondorf tossing a storm of deadly energy balls? (OoT)
    Coming Soon!

On 2008-04-26 03:13, eXo wrote:

Ok i understand your opinions regarding this matter however im pretty sure that was not the reasoning behinds nintendos decision to not have them as playable characters. i mean this is the same group of people that do not allow captain falcon to use a gun while he has one in a holster at all times.

i have played every metroid game and i understand that th characters are way bigger however i seriously doght that thats the

So you're saying that Ridley and Kraid being so massive ISN'T the reason they weren't included?

You have to understand that characters change over time. Ridley and Kraid have never been Samus's size since their 8-bit birth on the NES. Really, give a good reason Nintendo doesn't want these characters that has nothing to do with size.

Also, from what I recall, Captain Falcon never uses a pistol in any of his games.

yea which is even more reason for it not to even be their am i rite?

olimar dissapointed me i loved pikmin but he just sux

On 2008-04-26 10:38, eXo wrote:
    yea which is even more reason for it not to even be their am i rite?
    Just because he doesn't use one doesn't mean he doesn't have one.

*EDIT* Though I'd like to see some of F-zero games and check if he does have that pistol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shligger on 2008-04-26 16:28 ]</font>