Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

On 2008-04-30 10:13, Cranberry wrote:
    The good news is DaMan, that as soon as you unlock a difficulty level, it's available in both episodes. You won't have to unlock each episode seperately. Go for Ultimate!
    Doubtful for Ultimate ep II its taking forever to get this far.
    Mines
    Havoc Gatling with 50% Dark and 40% Hit
    KALADBOLG
    Photon Drop (yeah I know)
    Vol Opt beat @ 974 beats

GTA4 has been taking up so much of my time as well as other games. I'm going to try to see if I can squeeze some time in later.

im game for this

On 2008-04-30 14:37, Ryna wrote:
    Does it count if I played some Episode 3 today on the Mountains stage?
    Yes it does Ryna, as long as its done in tribute.

Now that I'm home from work, I too am about to begin my runs as well. If anyone would like to join me, I'll be starting in the forest in just a moment. I plan to do all of Episode 1 before moving into Episode 2. Expect updates along the way! I look forward to having you all fight along side me.

Ruins
    DB'S ARMOR
    VHard Falz was put to sleep @134 beats

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DaMan on 2008-04-30 19:31 ]</font>

Into the forest, I decide to read Rico's messages along the way. It takes me back to the first time I played. Rico, alone on Ragol. Us hunters following after her. Bartles, I still think they look like deranged Ninja Turtles. Remember how strong these seemed the first time you reached Ultimate?

Under the setting sun I fight my way to the dragon. How menacing he seemed the first time I ever saw him. Especially the Sil Dragon, what a change from Normal through Very Hard!

Soon, the Sil Dragon falls to the ground in defeat. It just wouldn't be PSO without the dragon would it?

I'll play in a bit. Had business to handle today. Not sure what I am going to do, but I'm hopping on now.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

Legendary Sage of PSO/Pokémon

I took my L170 HUmar WarPhoenix onto Episode 1 Ultimate and I found:

A Silence Claw
    A Dragon's Claw (my first ever!)
    A Stag Cutlery
    An L&K14 Combat
    About 300K EXP
    Maybe three dozen Materials
    Myself near tears

RIP PSO

Thanks for the memories and thanks to all who helped me along my journeys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OmegaLegend on 2008-04-30 21:06 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OmegaLegend on 2008-05-02 20:24 ]</font>

Ah the Cave. Who can forget their first time in there. Especially on Ultimate. Ob Lilies. Your first few times through the cave you are looking left and right for these things!

De Ro Lie, this is the true anti-force boss in the game. This thing is resistant to techniques. My Double Saber defeated it but I may as well have stuck to techniques. Would have been faster. A Vulmer left me a Photon Drop parting gift though as I fought through the cave.

And so, April 30th, 2008 comes to an end. The day that was to officialy mark the end of official online PSO not only on PSO-X box, but in America. PSO-X box has the distinct honor of being the last man standing in America as far as PSO goes, beat only by the Japanese version of Blue Burst. Shut down a week early, Sega and Microsoft broke their promise to the PSO-X hunters and refused them their final week online. But PSO-X still got its farwell party, and still had its final hurrah.

Although it lacked the online aspect, I think here we still gave online PSO-X a respecable tribute, and an appropriate farewell party. As has been shown by what has been posted today, PSO is more than just a game. It's an experience, it's a community, dare I say its a family? Think about it, you've faced countless dangers, trusting your companions to back you up. You've laughed, you've cried, you've struggled, you've failed, you've succeeded, and you've enjoyed it all. Good times, bad times, Ragol has shown you the entire spectrum of human emotion. Perhaps it even showed you love. It's hard to say goodbye to something that has brought you so many experiences. Though you may have had 1 week taken away, no one can take away the memories, the experiences, the adventures, and the friendships.

The closing song to Episode 1 is "Can Still See the Light." This song seems to be even more meaningful now, doesn't it? Even surrounded by darkness, I can still see the light. Today, that light was our fellow hunters on PSO-X. Faithful hunters, that will remain loved members of this community. An offline hunter is still a hunter, and is no less a hunter than he or she was before. Although this farewell party didn't have a lot of posters, I hope many of you still enjoyed this little farewell party. I did forest through mine tonight as my tribute. Brought back a lot of memories for me of the Gamecube servers. It was a nice image though to image the X-Box hunters on the field with me.

In closing, while the servers may be gone, the spirit of being a hunter lives on. Take everything you experienced and hold it inside. Remember all the people that shared it with you, perhaps you'll meet them all again down the road. Farewell online PSOX. We thank you for the years of memories, and the years of friendships. May the hunters of Pioneer 2 live forever, online or off.

~Cranberry