Pre-class stats:

M Human lv130
    ATP 932
    ATA 448

M Cast lv130
    ATP 1013

M Newman lv130
    ATA 488

... Human isn't all that far behind Cast for ATP, or Newman for ATA. A race bonus isn't enough to close those gaps but makes them just about insignificant in practice. It also increases the difference with the last-place species to something fairly meaningful.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

Well, if we go on the basis that Protransers are team support, Newman trumps Humans for projectiles, knockback effects and trap placement because they can: block better so they don't always stay on the floor/Just Counter, hit at a better rate and deal with the not-so-accurate weapons. Similarly, Cast trumps human for support through taking less physical damage, hit at a better rate, deal with not-so-accurate weapons and are able to mass support with SUVs.

If anything, Beasts are rather redundant for a Protranser save for their insanely high HP which allows them to survive for perhaps, an extra hit but they still have a Nanoblast which humans, do not have.

So... so far, all we have for going for Human is being "versatile" but is there much point in being versatile when you continuously party with close friends?

I don't know, I seem to find it rather rude if you play a class that could've been better suited for the duo/team if the race was better chosen. Am I just worrying over nothing though? My friends keep telling me that it doesn't bother them because player skill is better than statistics but I feel as if I'm slowing them down by either: finding myself on the floor - unable to lay traps when I could've blocked and layed one in response/counter attack, not keeping things under constant Status Effects or knocked back (Grenade rounds, Anga Dugrega etc.) or keeping them in line with Shotgun/Laser Cannon.

Maybe I am just worrying over nothing significant but it's odd that the Human bonus to the class isn't so beneficial as I initially thought.

Rehabbed SEGAholic

Female Cast would make the most sense from a tactical standpoint for a Protranser. Their EVP is too low to really make any difference and the DFP is pitiful as well. So do not expect to have many Just Counter effects even with an Orpad/Legs equipped. The best bet would be to support with the Techer and lay traps when needed before/during combat. As the SUV bar will fill from trap damage, this would be an ideal setup for a tactical support role.

Yeah I think females in this game are potetially better than males. You cannot deny them the extra +2 end they naturally get. I however do not have any femal characters, although I might make a female WT as soon as I get home.

On 2008-05-08 14:13, biggabertha wrote:
    Well, if we go on the basis that Protransers are team support, Newman trumps Humans for projectiles, knockback effects and trap placement because they can: block better so they don't always stay on the floor/Just Counter, hit at a better rate and deal with the not-so-accurate weapons. Similarly, Cast trumps human for support through taking less physical damage, hit at a better rate, deal with not-so-accurate weapons and are able to mass support with SUVs.
    You'll give NEWMANS the nod for having nice EVP and being on their feet more for team support, and ignore the same advantage when it's (much more) in HUMAN's favor over CAST.

Of course it's only important when CAST has a HP or DFP (lol DFP does something?) advantage, but not when HUMAN does. Riiiight.

So yeah, I guess you should reroll your character and keep this topic bookmarked as an I-told-you-so later on when you're bugged about whatever and wishing for Human stat balance again. Every race choice leaves a little to be desired. I'd love to evade more of those big knockdown/status hits, and get punked by techs less on my Cast but I can accept it because I know what the up-sides are too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-05-09 06:53 ]</font>

Dayton/Fairborn/Troy/Springfield, OH, USA

99% of the reasons why I made a Cast PT was those three little letters. SUV.

I figured I was gonna get the snot kicked outta me most of the time, so I might as well be able to UNLEASH FURY on a few spawns per run. Then EX traps came out, and now I charge it faster, get killed less, and help the party more.
    ~360~ MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ Beseal 180 AF/FF/WT | True Villain Caseal 170+ AT/GT
    Violent Violet Caseal 180 PT/GM/FM | Mistress Vulcana Newearl 179+ MF