Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Robotic Fox Mage

I was thinking about hunting down a couple of the new SUV for my cast characters, but before spending a bunch of time searching for them, I wanted to confirm whether or not it's even worth getting. My main concern is whether or not it has an attack radius like Sturm, or if it's as effective at dealing damage against bosses as Grom, because those are the reasons why I'm currently using the SUV's that I am using, and so those are the main factors that would determine whether or not I would be willing to replace those with Paradi. Also, does the drop rate of the item increase if you're on a higher difficulty? And can it appear on S, because S doesn't appear on this site for the Program DF listings and so I wanted to make sure.

Mmmm Yes it drops on S rank. I find that it out damages Sturm attacker pretty well. The attack radius is definitely not as wide as sturm, but its not small either. I'm not sure about the drop rate for the different ranks as its a specialty drop and I don't know what affects that. Put it this way, I did 4 S rank runs and got 2 Paradi Cataract SUV drops. I don't think you'll spend a whole lot of time hunting it. If all else fails, wait a day or two and the player shop prices should be down to the 500k range or lower.
    Ever hunting on and on for Friends, Enemies, and Rarz!

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

If I'm not mistaken, it does twice as much damage as sturm, and only strikes five times. Its radius is definitely impressive.

Wait, are you asking whether or not it's worth getting? You should have known the instant you heard about it whether or not you wanted it.

On 2008-05-11 01:40, Zorafim wrote:
    If I'm not mistaken, it does twice as much damage as sturm, and only strikes five times. Its radius is definitely impressive.

Wait, are you asking whether or not it's worth getting? You should have known the instant you heard about it whether or not you wanted it.
    That makes me curious...will it be any other SUV anytime soon? Otherwise, it doesn´t seem to be much point to use any other SUV except for variety.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

I'm still on "new SUV" high so take this how you will. All I know whenever I summon Paradi Cataract all enemies on screen (in front of me, behind, etc) are "erased" and any new possible spawn that comes in are frozen for further beatings. And that's just from my little ol' Caseal Fortegunner. With my Cast Fortefighter it will be more brutal but I need some damn Srank armor for him.

I haven't sat down and compared number of hits and damage so maybe Grom still has a spot for "boss SUV" but at the moment I'm not seeing a need for the others anymore. Well Ascension Gift every now and then for the lulz but the others can be retired. They had a good run anyways.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gen2000 on 2008-05-11 02:42 ]</font>
    The Storm Is About To Rage
    Ship 9
    Male Human - HU65 | FI64 | BR65
    Female Newman - FO65 | HU40 | TE65 | FI65 | BR65 | RA33
    Female Cast - RA65 | GU65 | HU65 | BR47

#1 XBOX 360 TA MAG TEAM WildArms2's Avatar

On 2008-05-11 02:10, darkante wrote:
    On 2008-05-11 01:40, Zorafim wrote:

That makes me curious...will it be any other SUV anytime soon? Otherwise, it doesn´t seem to be much point to use any other SUV except for variety.
    nope you'll be seeing this suv for the next 6 ATLEAST months on every cast

On 2008-05-11 14:32, WildArms2 wrote:
    nope you'll be seeing this suv for the next 6 ATLEAST months on every cast
    Requires S-rank armor with an extra slot. I don't think you'll see it as often as you see Sturm.

Compared to Sturm Attacker, it does twice as much damage in a fraction of the time. Just have to mind the smaller effective radius.

so paradi is expensive now? they were worthless on jp ver. in other words, you could make more money from selling to the npc, instead of trying to sell w/ player shops. just wait a few weeks and the prices should come way down. each player will end up finding like 10 of em, so its not surprising there will be no demand later.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Inazuma on 2008-05-12 14:19 ]</font>
    Quit PSO2

PSO2 - MAHOU MOONLIGHT MSAksion's Avatar

If two of my friends found this SUV on C rank while they were soloing on ALTS getting MP the first night PROGRAM DF was released then i think this is a good time to sell now and get it again later. Its cause its a hot item that its worth a lot today but tomorrow who knows.

PSO2 - Ship02 - Mahou Moonlight,90 Techer 90 Force
    Artwork by CRIMSONSKYE - Dec 2018