Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

For all practical purposes this is the exact same game we're already playing, and they took out the online mode. Why all the hype?

All the hype is the fact that now you can play PSU at the DMV, without having to lug around a laptop! Seriously. Only reason I would consider getting it.

some like to buy the same thing buy it and they will do it again like they have before its a rip off

yes i have a PSP and will not buy this only a new game of this

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: easy on 2008-05-15 12:34 ]</font>

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

So basically I can play the game that I'm already playing, but on a smaller screen, and with less people.

D-

The only part I really care about is Sega saying "lets stick with Phantasy Star even if all they're good for is making PSOW forum trolls have an emo fit"... I'd much rather play a fully online game. Hopefully any really brilliant ideas are going to be added to AOI servers if possible.

If the thing had some real multi-player online options (player shops, team hosting, voice chat) I'd be really excited. On the other hand they would also have to deal with client-side saves so there wasn't PSO levels of hacking, duping, etc.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

Coming back to these boards after five months after seeing the trailer makes me really miss the old days on PSU. The game actually looks interesting, and I thought I saw a Vivienne in there.

Too bad I don't have a PSP though. Actually putting a Phantasy Star game on a somewhat popular system (not counting Xbox 360) might actually cause some more people to try the game out again. If this is good and Sonic Team keeps doing well, we could see a good sequel of PSU.
    Phantasy Star Universe PC/PS2 [Retired: Might play PSP]

Kiron - Lv. 128 Newman [fT: 19 | aT: 2 | wT: 1]
    Will put a link to my sketch book after surgery.

The biggest difference is that you basically get the ability to play a character offline and online. Kind of like the setup of PSO. I'm sure the Xlink Kai community will be decent enough in size, though it does invite the possibility of hacks. Still, those who want that idea of playing a character ala. extra mode with the possibility of playing that very same character, with other people, can do so with this release.

I think this would be the casual-player's portable PSU. I wouldn't be surprised if the character gains are made faster on the portable system, especially since it isn't set up like a massive community online game. Xlink Kai will take care of the community part, with various lobbies one can set up or join.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-05-15 13:23 ]</font>
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Sonic Team keeps doing well, we could see a good sequel of PSU
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ITS NOT like SEGA do not have money you no to a new Xbox360
    or Psp ver WHAT WITH us paying to play online and that
    Too

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: easy on 2008-05-15 22:44 ]</font>

Well for me, this is a game that I can forever keep my characters on, even when in the distant future, the PSU servers would have shut down.

The PSP version allows me to play with my fiance and RL friends forever and ever. But that's just me.

Also, here's the audio rip of the Save This World remix from the trailer.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7XZS0W30