Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Singing RAcast~! R2D6battlebot's Avatar

On 2008-05-15 23:32, XenithFlare wrote:
    I stand by the fact that people who spend huge amounts of money like that are morons. Plain and simple. No sane person with real, hard-earned meseta would waste two stacks of 99mil on a single 50% POS Rucar. Player shop values are nine times out of ten overinflated, and have been since almost the beginnig of the game.

As for the chances of getting a 50%... synthing a metric fuckton of Muktrands isnt the same as synthing a Rucar; you don't generally mass-synth something like that. One could synth 500 weapons and only ever come out with one 50% (I know, I'm well over 1k synths with a sinle 50 to show for it), but rare S-ranks seem to be exceptional when it comes to elemental percentage. Of all the S-ranks I've synthed, I think there's only ever been three under 24%. People synth single S-ranks all the time, and more often than not it comes out at a high %. So... take that as you will.

Back on topic: nothing is worth 99mil, and 99mil worth of haxeta is worth nothing,
    Go ahead and search for Rucars by price and tell me how many you see that are trash percentages versus how many are high. Most people I know only want at LEAST 30% or higher, me personally I only ever try for 40+. The big difference between the people who spend that much money and you is that they actually know how to make money a LOT easier than you do, this game post-exansion is not 'hard earned' meseta in any way.
    I'm sure youd change your opinion on things being worth that much money if you actually had any items that were worth that much.
    Recently gone back to PSO.
    Currently hunting -- God/Ability x3, MILLA, Luck Materials.

On 2008-05-16 08:25, R2D6battlebot wrote:
    On 2008-05-15 23:32, XenithFlare wrote:
    I stand by the fact that people who spend huge amounts of money like that are morons. Plain and simple. No sane person with real, hard-earned meseta would waste two stacks of 99mil on a single 50% POS Rucar. Player shop values are nine times out of ten overinflated, and have been since almost the beginnig of the game.

As for the chances of getting a 50%... synthing a metric fuckton of Muktrands isnt the same as synthing a Rucar; you don't generally mass-synth something like that. One could synth 500 weapons and only ever come out with one 50% (I know, I'm well over 1k synths with a sinle 50 to show for it), but rare S-ranks seem to be exceptional when it comes to elemental percentage. Of all the S-ranks I've synthed, I think there's only ever been three under 24%. People synth single S-ranks all the time, and more often than not it comes out at a high %. So... take that as you will.

Back on topic: nothing is worth 99mil, and 99mil worth of haxeta is worth nothing,
    Go ahead and search for Rucars by price and tell me how many you see that are trash percentages versus how many are high. Most people I know only want at LEAST 30% or higher, me personally I only ever try for 40+. The big difference between the people who spend that much money and you is that they actually know how to make money a LOT easier than you do, this game post-exansion is not 'hard earned' meseta in any way.
    I'm sure youd change your opinion on things being worth that much money if you actually had any items that were worth that much.
    Oh, I'm so offended by your lame-ass insults that attack the 10 hours I spend on this game a week because I have friends, a life, and full-time employment.

And no, meseta is no longer as difficult to earn in AOI as it was in classic PSU, but -and I apologize for pointing out the obvious so many times- 99mil meseta is not EASY to obtain, by any means. I've certainly gotten lucky and scored a super-rare item that everyone has wanted and walked away with an assload of meseta, and I know that THAT is how the majority of legit players earn their cash.

As interesting as this game was when treating it like a business, mass-synthing and setting prices according to market value of mats and accounting for success rates to break even and raise a decent profit margin... it ruined a lot of the rest of the game for me, and stopped being fun after a time.

I used to be one of those people who would look at market value and just shell out whatever I could get the item for, because -why not?- I had the money for it.

The economy will not get better this way, and I don't personally enjoy seeing even fairly common items still selling for a ton of cash. If a portion of our players want to throw their money at a couple items, whatever, go them. But don't you dare take their idiocy as "market value." It's the same idiocy behind pricing mats at higher values than the weapons they create (catilium, goldania, polymer, diads, etc...)
    Through Nests of Dragons, Beneath Caves of Demons
    Along Halls of Warriors, Between Ruins of Villians
    Courageous avatars of peace stand unyielding.

Follow this link for an expansive listing of my swag

On 2008-05-16 09:54, XenithFlare wrote:
    It's the same idiocy behind pricing mats at higher values than the weapons they create (catilium, goldania, polymer, diads, etc...)
    Yeah youre totally right, because nobody does this in 'real life' and makes a total killing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_food

Same concept. $.99 cheeseburger at any given restaurant versus buying all the crap to make them yourself.

Also, if you only play 10 hours per week than why is it that youre so angry at items being priced too high when youre not going to get much play time out of them anyway? If youre not willing or incapable of buying an item for what people will pay for it then just stay out of it, nobody cares about your half-ass nonsense opinions. Learn2economy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R2D6battlebot on 2008-05-16 14:49 ]</font>

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

High synth mat prices isn't idiocy, its basic economics. If demand is high and supply is low, prices go up. 11* and 12* weapons take a lot of high grade materials to produce (Psycho Wand...ouch), and the drop rate on those materials is not very generous. As for the 10*s that have a value that is less than the sum of it parts, that is because the market was flooded with them (Crimson anyone) by events like 1UP. Lots of supply + little to no demand = bargain bin prices.

With events like MAG, the mat problem only gets worse because the game is hemorrhaging boards faster than the synth items to make them are dropping.

On 2008-05-16 20:04, amtalx wrote:
    High synth mat prices isn't idiocy, its basic economics. If demand is high and supply is low, prices go up. 11* and 12* weapons take a lot of high grade materials to produce (Psycho Wand...ouch), and the drop rate on those materials is not very generous. As for the 10*s that have a value that is less than the sum of it parts, that is because the market was flooded with them (Crimson anyone) by events like 1UP. Lots of supply + little to no demand = bargain bin prices.

With events like MAG, the mat problem only gets worse because the game is hemorrhaging boards faster than the synth items to make them are dropping.

There's almost no use explaining the basics of running an economy to them, theyre content with thinking that no matter how much sense it makes, the economy must be run by idiots. I guess in theyre opinion idiot=anyone with more money than them.

On 2008-05-16 14:47, R2D6battlebot wrote:
    On 2008-05-16 09:54, XenithFlare wrote:
    It's the same idiocy behind pricing mats at higher values than the weapons they create (catilium, goldania, polymer, diads, etc...)
    Yeah youre totally right, because nobody does this in 'real life' and makes a total killing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_food

Same concept. $.99 cheeseburger at any given restaurant versus buying all the crap to make them yourself.

Also, if you only play 10 hours per week than why is it that youre so angry at items being priced too high when youre not going to get much play time out of them anyway? If youre not willing or incapable of buying an item for what people will pay for it then just stay out of it, nobody cares about your half-ass nonsense opinions. Learn2economy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R2D6battlebot on 2008-05-16 14:49 ]</font>
    The concept in your analogy doesn't take into account that when you buy the "mats" for a cheeseburger, you're buying them in bulk. That saves you money over time, over spending $1 on every cheeseburger you buy. Null.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/enjoyment

Just because I don't play as much as I used to does not mean I don't enjoy it when I play. I pay for this game just the same as the rest of you, and I know that I'm not the only one who knows how ridiculous shop prices can be.

Catilium and Polymer fall at obscene rates, so don't even attempt to tell me they're harder to come by. Events, I'll grant, make mat prices skyrocket just because everyone's running the event instead of playing normal missions where their mats fall, but nothing accounts for normal prices to be what they are. If common sense doesn't tell you that single mats should not be 700k+, there's nothing I can say that will convince you, so I'm done trying.

nobody cares about your half-ass nonsense opinions. Learn2economy
    Oh noes, your witty insults leave me speechless! I don't know what to do, now that my mind's been verbally struck with your wit!
    Through Nests of Dragons, Beneath Caves of Demons
    Along Halls of Warriors, Between Ruins of Villians
    Courageous avatars of peace stand unyielding.

Follow this link for an expansive listing of my swag

i just want to post my opinion

stuff is definatly worth more than 1 stack of meseta.
    a decent ammount of stuff too.

and 99 mill really isnt all that hard to obtain if your smart about it.

but i guess thats the difference between the elite and the poor

On 2008-05-17 13:19, XenithFlare wrote:

Catilium and Polymer fall at obscene rates, so don't even attempt to tell me they're harder to come by. Events, I'll grant, make mat prices skyrocket just because everyone's running the event instead of playing normal missions where their mats fall, but nothing accounts for normal prices to be what they are. If common sense doesn't tell you that single mats should not be 700k+, there's nothing I can say that will convince you, so I'm done trying.
    Supply/Demand. Look it up, you might learn something.

On 2008-05-15 21:18, Arika wrote:
    Pushan worth only 2-3 mil each in JP, for 0/10 that is it.
    JP PSU isn't filled with idiots and doesn't have a hyperinflated economy, either.

First of all, I'd like to ask:

Are there ANY Pushan 10/10s on the JP PC/PS2 server?
    Are there ANY Pushan 10/10s on the XBox360 server?
    Are there ANY Pushan 10/10s on the non-JP PC/PS2 server?

Also, I believe certain items on the non-JP PC/PS2 server are worth more than one stack of meseta.