Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Wolf needs practice also since his shield is like a instant block if you can time it right. Unless you just want to spam his forward smash. But is really hard to use if you think he plays like fox or falco you will be in trouble.

Pikachu and P. Trainer are good choices to play with.

My best character is R.O.B. and I'm fairly decent with Ganondorf and Falcon. R.O.B. is somewhat cheap if you know how to use him. His moves are weird and his general fighting style is clunky. He's precise as a D-pad.

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

lolnecrobump.

Next to your coffee machine, drinking your coffee

awesome another lucario user! i use ike and lucario equally, being able to play with a character that can cut matches short is a nice change from long drawn out battles using lucario
    Hey guys, want to see a magic trick? *disappears for a few years*

I hate people that hate on Wolf. Yes anyone can pick him up and use him and be cheap and beat people who stink. But to actually be good at Wolf needs practice. I've gotten good at the down+B for "dodging" any move, including final smashes. I've gotten the timing on the Forward+B to get the perfect high damage hit as well. And his meteor smash is very hard to pull off correctly. His forward+A may be "cheap" but it's actually not very useful against anyone that knows how to play the game, because the attack animation is longer than most forward smashes. It's easy to roll dodge and get a hit on someone who spams it.

As someone who mains Wolf (and I prefer no Final Smash balls, and often when I get it I'll use it and do nothing. I get final smashes so others do NOT get it) I hate when people call him cheap. For awhile people were calling him top tier, but he has slowly descended as people found out he is not that easy to be really good with as people once thought.

I don't like Lucario for some reason. He can be fun, I just never got a hang of him. My second favorite to use is Zero Suit Samus, but Diddy might be my second best.

THE JACKEL

On 2008-05-19 21:41, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
    because the attack animation is longer than most forward smashes.
    If you're talking about speed, I'm going to have to call BS on that. His forward A is fast as fuck considering the distance it covers, which is part of the reason it's such a pain for people to dodge. People have to know it's going to happen before they can dodge it, which means if they don't know the style of their oponent, or can't sufficiently read wolf's movements, that can be unlikely. If it happens up close, most people can only shield it, forget rolling away. Yeah, there is a limit to it's usefullness, once you go against players that are very good at the game, have fought those kind of wolf players many times, or actually seem to have the brains to adapt quickly, you can get only get so far using it.

BUT, I personally think you can still get way to far with that character with very little skill to not call him cheap. Yes, he can be used skillfully, he's around my third best, I may not be as good as you with him, but I make a point not to spam the hell out of blaster and c-stick because I don't like pulling cheap shit. I know he's capable of more than spamming. However, most people don't seem to bother. Some of the guys that do it, they can cream some of the other guys who are much better in the game overall, hell, one of them can't play for shit with any other character but Wolf because he uses that tactic. If I decide to do it, I can usually beat someone pretty badly as well (especially if they choose some slow character like Ike.)

A real player can push Wolf to his limit and be a lot better, but I've met very few, and know way to many that get to far with using his cheap moves.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Ew, C-stick. I don't get that.

Next to your coffee machine, drinking your coffee

why would you even need to use the C-stick? i can pull off a smash anytime without it
    Hey guys, want to see a magic trick? *disappears for a few years*

My friends use to all claim that C-stick was faster... until I proved to them. I told them to stand there and spam C-stick at me, and I kept doing the smash with the control stick and A, we clashed everytime.

I never use the C-stick... I use the blaster mainly to shoot someone running at me to stop them, or when someone is trying to recover to cancel their jump. In fact I'm very picky with when I use his B-moves.

I'm not saying I never just keep shooting the blaster... but that's usually just to annoy a friend after we've been playing awhile lol
    Honestly, if you keep getting hit by the blaster on the ground when someone spams... you're not very good at this game.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2008-05-20 11:36 ]</font>