Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did anyone else try to replicate the PSO experience as much as memories and PSU game mechanics could allow? During one run of MAG, I thought of this and went with it...
    I tried fighting with that PSO button timing rhythm, but failed because PSU's proper attack rhythm is just different. (Then again, I only used saber/handgun combo. I should have put them on separate palette slots, and I shoulda used more weapons for this exercise.) At least I succeeded in not using any Skills...except when I forgot not to use them.

I avoided using the right analog stick for manual camera control, only using the strafe/camera center/lock onwuss mode button to orient the camera to face my ass. Without me wrestling the camera, it was free to throw off my view, my movements and my attacks, just like PSO! Also, no FPV while using guns. While PSU is kinda lacking in the autoaim department, the oversized hitboxes KINDA simulate that effect.

After standing still, I always moved SLOWLY before running. This is pretty tricky to do, especially on a poorly-made controller that's ALREADY worn after only one year of use. Add in various levels of slowness to make it even trickier to get that PSO pace. I often found myself going straight to running speed (whoops) and I completely forgot to slow myself to a crawl whenever enemies got close.

I have to confess though, afer seeing a delsaber (or whatever the hell it was called in PSU), I had to say "F this" and go all-out using the PSU mechanics (mainly the right analog stick) to totally whoop their ass after nearly killing me with some paralysis during my PSO bumble burst. Oh, and I only tried thi son one run. (I don't think I did any more runs after that one.)

Anyway, the point of this topic was...well, I just thought that it would help bring some more PSO nostalgia to this PSO nostalgia event! Sadly, I couldn't record it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2008-05-16 01:34 ]</font>

I play PS-Classic music when i play. i guess thats sort of pretending like im playing that. I never p layed PSO but from MAG i noticed that the design of the MINE Block's is similar to some of the PSIV dungeons

It was cool and nostalgic, especially when I actually played it with the music on (99.99% of the time I have winamp playing instead). It was cool, certain songs reminded me of awesome times on PSO, and I enjoyed the nostalgia.. Right until I fought Dark Failz. Then it all fell to shit and felt like another "SPAMZ FOR TEH LEWT LAWL" PSU mission.

Overall, the PSO nostalgia is cool.. Dark Failz, is, well.. Failz. De Rol Le reskin..... Riiiiiiight.

If I want to play PSO, I play PSO.

I play PSU because I'm choosing to fight.
    pso two:
    blue moon/caseal/ship 2

I tried to bring back the Nostalgia of PSIV by playing PSU as a turn based RPG, but the fucking monsters kept cheating and attacking me out of turn.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

It is not to late, don't say that it's fate.

On 2008-05-16 04:04, Morganna wrote:
    For a world beyond?
    Yep, because it is not too late.
    pso two:
    blue moon/caseal/ship 2

PSP is automatically good just because of Helga. Morganna's Avatar

On 2008-05-16 04:09, Kanore wrote:
    On 2008-05-16 04:04, Morganna wrote:
    For a world beyond?
    Yep, because it is not too late.
    It's your home, so don't say that it's fate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Morganna on 2008-05-16 04:13 ]</font>