Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was told by someone who has had the game longer than I have that luck only matters when getting weapons appraised. It seems that we do in fact get better items when we have luck though. I can't find it written anywhere..just wondering if anyone knows for sure.

Natural Playboy

It has to do with critical hits, tekking is about real luck.

i <3 html

I also think it affects rare drops. When I used 3 duped god/lucks i found rares ALL the time. And now that I don't use dupes anymore, my luck is back down to 30 and I don't find them as often.

This has been a debated issue from version 1. It is CONFIRMED that luck has to do with your chances of getting a critical hit.

Also say it does affect your rare findings, some people also say legits find better rares.

Some call it speculation, but I've always thought luck had nothing to do with getting rares.

Habitual Resistor

Why don't we just wait for Barubary to walk his(her?) way in here and confirm it for us? I mean, he(she?) is the all-knowing...

heh.

For one I think baru said he still wasnt sure on the drop method used and my luck is maxxed to 100, it is critical hits. With a doublesaber weapons during the 3 hit combo i can usually get at least 1 critical hit in. not really worth it if you ask me

My deleted cheater RAmarl owned the hell out of anything with 56 or so luck. I don't remember the exact number but it was around there. 5 bullets with a Final Impact usually translated to about 2 or 3 critical hits per SHOT. It could be worth it, but only if you have a LOT of luck stat and maybe a sword, slicer or shot weapon.

I think luck stat has NOTHING to do with rare drops. My new legit RAmarl is having better luck with rares in the last 72 hours than my cheater RAmarl ever had in a month.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jae on 2003-01-22 15:47 ]</font>

Disgruntled Culinarian/ Commis become Master

Although my brother doesn't cheat on the GC version, he still cheats when playing Version 1... Yesterday, he started a new Fonewm, and then gave it nothing but materials to max it out at level 1... when his luck was maxed, he found a ton of rares in F1, normal, and nothing but level 15 (the max in Version 1) techniques... Maybe it was a coincedence... but fat chance! Of course, that was Version 1... maybe things have been changed?

the other resident cuban pimp

Yes it does pertain to critical hits and a note to all. since hunters and rangers can only use 250 mats and forces can use 150 i would advise to use all the luck u can because as u level up the rest of ur stats raise yet ur luck stays at the same level. Oh and if any one needs luck mats i have some. =] my name is esc' or <InsertName> or PhantasyStar online, i would be more than happy to help u out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr_Snuggles on 2003-01-22 16:00 ]</font>

My HUmar with 60 luck get criticals very often, almost every 3-hit combo. If I take of my God/Luck, I notice the lack of criticals.