Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Carriguines at the end of MA G, are really annoying me as a Protranser. You'd think Anga Dugrega, our best utility PA would work well against them but they do not get stunned by it or if they do, they don't stay stunned for long.

Normal traps, G traps and EX traps don't work on them, they're immune to everything but debuffs. They run away from you most of the time and warp back to their spawning point if they run too far for EX traps to work all of their damage into them unless you're lucky.

Shotgun works if they stay still but they rarely ever do, either way, it's very difficult to get a clear double shot at them without getting stunned/flinched/evading attacks from it or Goldeens (Galdeen in game).

Grenade Launcher fires too slowly for the bullet to connect well with them and they don't get stun locked - least not on a PS2.

The only real thing I have found to go up against them is Rising Strike but is there any other safer way in a party? Or do we have to stand in the corridor and continuously fire with long range weapons? Even that can go wrong since we're on PS2s, the Carriguines keep warping around the area erratically for us to keep up with them.

Any ideas how to deal with Carriguines at all? Even if it's not advice for a Protranser, I'd still like to know. Crossbows seem to be the only thing I can think of to deal with them safely whilst being able to keep the offencive edge on.

MAJARRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Scarlet / ID:aurly; Shock Nurse @ Ship 2!

Uber-damage whore
    Belgium (100 meseta for each person who can point it on the map)

cnt remember what weapons exactly PT uses, but if they hv knuckles, bogga zubba is your friend.

otherwise, just majarra them.

Barada Yoga, lol, it has over twice the DPS of any melee PA you could use on Carriguine.

Carriguine are very easy to multishot (shot the fore legs), a PT can easily deal 7000+ damage per shot with Barada Yoga Lv40 -- I do over 8200 with Fortegunner and my own Megistaride buff.

Remember that if the monster does not resist bullets, PT will always deal more damage with guns.

If getting close to a Carriguine is an issue, use a knockback skill like Bogga Danga, Anga Dugrega or Rising Strike, or grenade launchers. Those options may not be very powerful, they're safer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hrith on 2008-05-21 04:51 ]</font>

but if they hv knuckles, bogga zubba is your friend
    Protransers do get to use Knuckles but Bogga Zubba will not be able to connect against a pair of Carriguines or Carriguines warping from one area to another from individual player lag issues. Bogga Zubba takes far too long to charge up and by the time it has charged up and ready to strike, the Carriguine will have bounded it's way over to the Force and stomped her flat.

Barada Yoga, lol, it has over twice the DPS of any skill you could use on Carriguine.

Carriguine are very easy to multishot (shot the fore legs), a PT can easily deal 7000+ damage per shot with Barada Yoga Lv40.

Remember that if the monster does not resist bullets, PT will always deal more damage with guns.
    I've steadily come to realise this and I am extremely grateful for taking the time out to level the full spread of elemental bullets that a Protranser can use for all five weapons.

I have never used Shotguns primarily as damage dealing weapons because I thought their role was inflicting Status Effects en mass. Having recently gotten my second Shotgun bullet to Lv. 40 and replacing my Solid Hit/S with a Cati/Power, I still didn't realise the extent of the damage a Shotgun can throw out.

You can't blame me though, my team has a Newman Fortetecher throwing out 1500+ with her Gi spells on six creatures, the Caseal Acrotecher throwing thousands and thousands of damage out with a single Dagger and my Shotgun dealing a meager 670 a bullet. Maybe I'm just a sucker for big numbers which is probably why I like Axes, Lances and LongSwords.

Of course, 670 x 5 is actually 3350 damage for 18PP and 6700 if double shotted and not a single bullet misses but you, nor your party sees that huge figure. Instead, you see 670.

>.>

I've gone off topic in my own topic...

Going to have to remember this one, learn how to use my weapons more effectively and make quick calculations in my head.

EX traps deal 230ish a hit, hits five different target points sixteen times over eight seconds so that's 230 x 5 x 16 = 18,400 damage from one EX trap. 36,800 with two omgomgomg

I suppose I'd better get to work on getting the last four levels on Barada Yoga then.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: biggabertha on 2008-05-21 04:52 ]</font>

That's the secret of guns, more or less ;o

I can see over 1000 damage from shotguns and crossbows for criticals, now, on my Fortegunner, which looks nice and all, but even my own Spinning Strike does over 3000 damage. Yet shotguns have twice the DPS.

I have seen 2200 on a critical with Burning Prism and 2450 with Boma Diga, so guns can show HUEG NUMBARZ, too, not to mention Boma Duranga and its 3300+

And stay out of the rapid megid storm >_>

Yeah, shotgun all the way. Fire from a front quarter-angle for double hits.

If that's not working out I'd suggest Anga Dugrega... instead of starting off close and doing attack + combo, start off at a distance so you land on the thing with the jump and get the last part of the PA out before getting interrupted. It's not too much worse than shotgun. If there are galdeen around maybe use the opening attack to punt one just 'cause that's some funny stuff.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

I just let other people get the Carraguines' attention, then tag them and try not to get sucked inside their lower heads.

Light Shotgun or Majarra (just make them whiff their slash attack use the PA on them). Shotgun is better to me since you don't have to chase them around though Majarra can kill them faster if you don't let the Carrigune teleport all over the place.

If they do their dash attack and you're on PS2 just get out of their way but tilt the camera around so they're still on your screen, they'll usually just run into the corner and not tele-slash you to death, being very open to loads of Shotgun blasts.
    The Storm Is About To Rage
    Ship 9
    Male Human - HU65 | FI64 | BR65
    Female Newman - FO65 | HU40 | TE65 | FI65 | BR65 | RA33
    Female Cast - RA65 | GU65 | HU65 | BR47