Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2nd era of the MG imminent?

I know the whole community was pissed about the Time Attack leaderboard being 'sploited with the MG, but no one really addressed the possible advent of the second MG glitch on 360.

It took ST a really long time to patch the glitch that got popularized during 1up, and certain things about the economy got pretty damaged during those months it worked. Basically, anything that dropped from something that couldn't be MG'd was super expensive (Orpad/Legs, Rattlesnake etc).

Has there been any word on ST even confirming that they know the newest method?

I'm hoping it's something they don't need to pass a title update for.....or we may have to wait until September or so, knowing Microsoft lol.

In the meanwhile, i'll be grinding some Beam Vulcanics again.....you know, just in case. Yeah.

360 Players of PSU Click Here ! The combined file sizes of images in signatures cannot exceed 35000 bytes.

Kekekeke 360

''Leave no remorse to those who stand in your way of perfection''

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor_Haven View Post
    Kekekeke 360
    I'm all for the console warring, trust me. But not right now.

360 Players of PSU Click Here ! The combined file sizes of images in signatures cannot exceed 35000 bytes.

Actually, this would be the third. There was another that was supposedly patched a month or two before MAG. Although it's pretty obvious that it still exists (TA boards=proof), I don't think Sega has made any sort of announcement just yet on this particular one.

Quote Originally Posted by SylviaEspada View Post
    Actually, this would be the third. There was another that was supposedly patched a month or two before MAG. Although it's pretty obvious that it still exists (TA boards=proof), I don't think Sega has made any sort of announcement just yet on this particular one.
    The first popular one was the scope one, i think. It was only 1x but it was very popular because you couldn't do any better damage in Vanilla anyway.

The second one was the crazy one, going up to 4x firing rate and destroying the value of anything shootable.

The third is just the second, but it didn't refill itself IIRC. they didn't actually "fix" it. Bad for regular 4 block missions.

Of course, MAG Forest-to-Mines isn't exactly a long mission, and teh enemies last a lot shorter.
    Last edited by Legendria; May 25, 2008 at 03:07 AM.

The MG glitch on 360, speed hax on PC, unfounded rumors of a slicer glitch. I hope some of these are fixed, or rumors put to rest.

I think the MG glitch will be patched, as it's the focus of a large number of complaint threads on the official forums. Though my faith in ST is a bit diminished atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor_Haven View Post
    Kekekeke 360
    Funny how they do this but get mad when their platform gets ravaged with hacking plauges and everyone gets banned

Quote Originally Posted by Legendria View Post
    The first popular one was the scope one, i think. It was only 1x but it was very popular because you couldn't do any better damage in Vanilla anyway.

The second one was the crazy one, going up to 4x firing rate and destroying the value of anything shootable.

The third is just the second, but it didn't refill itself IIRC. they didn't actually "fix" it. Bad for regular 4 block missions.

Of course, MAG Forest-to-Mines isn't exactly a long mission, and teh enemies last a lot shorter.
    no.

MGG#1, most commonly known as the 1up MGG. Switch between goggles and MG to shoot up to 4x as fast depending on MG pp.

MGG#2, also known as post AOI MGG. Switch between item on pallette and MG to shoot up to 4x as fast.

MGG#3, also known as the unknown MGG. I know how to do this but I won't say it for the public. It can shoot up to 4x as fast, the pp does refill, but everytime it refills, it loses about 100 pp. So eventually it will run out. You can only strafe while using it, no turning. If you get hit by anything, or fall down, the glitch stopps and you have to redo it.

Basically, the new MGG is useless and not even worth using. The in ability to turn and the fact that getting hit by anything at all stops it makes it not worth using. Not much of a worry, I doubt anyone would go through the trouble to try and use it.

Quote Originally Posted by jayster View Post
    I doubt anyone would go through the trouble to try and use it.
    Look at the MAG leaderboard and some posts on Official Forum. ¬¬

If that's what was used, it's obviously possible on both servers. There's proof enough since someone on PC/PS2 beat the people who originally cheated by cheating.