Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Well, that was unexpected.

My Programming final assessment is due on June 6th. We were given our assignments around the end of April. Having the highest mark in the class, my teacher gave me the hardest project. Essentially, I need to make a graphing calculator in Visual Basic.

Now, I've been missing a lot of classes lately due to doctor appointments and the ilk, so I've been working on it at home. During class on Wednesday I saved a copy of my program to my school profile.

On Friday, I left my memory stick at home because I hadn't done anything productive since I saved it at school. When I logged in though, my entire VB folder was deleted. All assignments, tests, practice programs. Everything. I asked my teacher what might have happened and all he said was, "maybe you should come to school to check in more often."

I asked him if he deleted it on me, and he just did his chuckle. The laugh he laughs when he's just burned someone, or when he's marking our stuff. So, then I asked him, "Did you find anything wrong with it when you ran it?"

I got kicked out of class for all of next week. I have a feeling he's going to deduct marks from all the "lax" (read: subjective) categories on my rubric. Doesn't matter though. I can't fail the course with the mark I have.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Nothing like a pricky teacher that just fucks over students for their own amusement. Thats the kind of dickheadery that school-shootings are made of.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian_Knight View Post
    Doesn't matter though. I can't fail the course with the mark I have.
    Considering the teacher, don't hold your breath on it.

Remember this wonderful quote from 3rd Rock From The Sun:

Teacher: Come on guys, tell me, honestly, how you feel about me. This won't affect your mark or anything.
    Student: Well, I think you're a pompous braggart who drowns his students in loads of theory in order to sound intelligent and cultured.
    Teacher: Ah, see, that's what I want, thank you. By the way, you're failing.
    Student: But you said this wouldn't affect our mark!
    Teacher: Oh, it didn't!

I thought the whole thing was pretty entertaining. I've missed getting perfect on every assignment and test by a mark or two because he deducts marks from my GUI because of a personal preference. If he flat out failed me, he'd lose his job.

He's a pretty funny guy, but he doesn't take well to people acing his course.
    Last edited by McLaughlin; May 25, 2008 at 10:51 PM.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Make a record of your current grade in there. Preferably as official as possible. Then if he does any last-minute stunts that really screw it up, you'll have a record. Hopefully the administration is sympathetic.
    Coming Soon!

I think it should be reported. Even if you can't prove anything and it's word against word, he will have a record, and if those start to pile up, you know, he'll get what is just, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian_Knight View Post
    I thought the whole thing was pretty entertaining. I've missed getting perfect on every assignment and test by a mark or two because he deducts marks from my GUI because of a personal preference.
    I had a teacher like this as well. He would never give me(or anyone else who earned 100%) the full points because "it would look like I just gave you 100."

Wow, what a bastard.
    A shame almost every school has at least one of that kind.

And yeah, since he cannot make you fail with your grades, report him.

You should tell him that the world is onto his schemes because you posted about it on PSO-World.

I once had a teacher in highschool who would grade tests like this. The answers would be correct, but you didn't obtain the answer "exactly as he would" so he would deduct points. I called him on it a lot and everyone pretty much hated him. He was horrible at teaching math, originally being a science teacher.