Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by smckyy1399 View Post
    i resent that....

i did think it through....
    i clearly stated. DONT ENTER YOUR INFO
    or something like that.... if your smart, and dont enter your info, then viewing that site will not affect u at all

thanks for insulting me tho
    Your starting to sound like the type of person who would get their account stolen. He's right you linked a website that is only for scamming people, no matter how many times you put DO NOT ENTER ANY INFO, people can still get to the site. Meaning the scammers have more opportunities to steal info. Did you ever think that if you are already logged into .net maybe they could steal your info just by visiting the site? I mean first off you go to a supposedly official site giving away free microsoft points, even though you didnt need them. And then you link the site for everyone to go to. You sound exactly like the type of person who doesnt think things through enough to get scammed.

People who fall for this stuff deserve to lose their accounts. It's your fault and I have no sympathy for the stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Confused View Post
    Your starting to sound like the type of person who would get their account stolen. He's right you linked a website that is only for scamming people, no matter how many times you put DO NOT ENTER ANY INFO, people can still get to the site. Meaning the scammers have more opportunities to steal info. Did you ever think that if you are already logged into .net maybe they could steal your info just by visiting the site? I mean first off you go to a supposedly official site giving away free microsoft points, even though you didnt need them. And then you link the site for everyone to go to. You sound exactly like the type of person who doesnt think things through enough to get scammed.
    No, if you are logged in hotmail or xbox.com you will not be logged in this kind of site, that is one of the reasons because people shouldn't log in with their live accounts out of hotmail.com and other official sites, specially if it is a web some random person gave to you

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    No, if you are logged in hotmail or xbox.com you will not be logged in this kind of site, that is one of the reasons because people shouldn't log in with their live accounts out of hotmail.com and other official sites, specially if it is a web some random person gave to you
    I was saying that if you are logged into xbox.com and go to this site they might be able to steal your info. Just like when you go to some sites and they steal your ip address, im sure you would have to have it set to save your password when you sign into .net, not saying it would sign you into that site.

I got an Xbox Live message today from the same guy advertising this phishing site. Looks like he's a psoworld lurker or member cuz I haven't played psu since Saturday.
    Last edited by Proto07; May 27, 2008 at 11:54 AM.
    Xbox 360 - Prototype 07 Cast M AT Lv 180
    JP PSU -Proto Human M GT Lv 70

Quote Originally Posted by smckyy1399 View Post
    So, yesterday, my friend, who's gt was Smckyy1399 was playing PSU and some kid told him about this website that would get you free microsoft points. Now, im not saying that it was smart for him to fall for it, but i still feel bad. The website he said was called: [LINK REMOVED - Let's not send anyone else there!] . If you go to this site, you can see that its designed to look like a real microsoft website. It looks pretty legit. It stole the windows live ID password and the guy signed onto his gamertag and changed the password. Just dont enter any information when you go to it. Anyways, the character's name is Sam and he changed the gamertag tp ph4nt0m v2. The reason I know this is because my friend told me ahead of time and before this kid had the chance to change his gt or anything, I was actually able to get in a party with this guy, and he tried to pull the same deal on me because he is a scumbag. So, i was spying on him without him knowing that I knew he stole the account and he actually told me that he was changing the gamertag. The reason that I am posting is because I wanted to warn everyone about this guy AND to ask for any suggestions about how to re-trick this guy into getting my freinds account back.

Anything will help...
    Hack him back, If you know how too. All I can say at the forum rules.

P.s what he did is not hacking.

Cast/M, 150
    Beast/F, 86
    Newman/M, 110
    Beast/M, 101

Taking A Break From PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Confused View Post
    I was saying that if you are logged into xbox.com and go to this site they might be able to steal your info. Just like when you go to some sites and they steal your ip address, im sure you would have to have it set to save your password when you sign into .net, not saying it would sign you into that site.
    Steal your Ip address??? When you go to any site your ip address shows, That's how they ban you from websites, just like a returning address on letters. You could use a Proxy to block/hide your Ip address, though I don't think that's necessary as you need to *log in* for anything bad happen.

Cast/M, 150
    Beast/F, 86
    Newman/M, 110
    Beast/M, 101

Taking A Break From PSU

well.... what he did is a douche move, and i dont have my account... and no i dont know how to

im a normal guy, i invest my time into football, baseball, working out, studying, and having good friends, yet i occasionally like to go onto xbox live and have some fun, and now i can't do that....

im def wicked stupid oh yeah my b.... talk all the trash u want... i really dont care. I'm sure u have a lot of friends......

btw sorry to everyone who was on my side.
    some ppl are douches

No matter what you shouldn't post links to known phishing sites. It sucks that it happened to you and maybe Microsoft can do something about it.

Nobody means you harm but the site was posted twice. You may want to fill out a support form on the PSU website as well, telling the "hackers" information since you said you've partied with him.
    Yitbos!

i have partied with him.... and i admitted to it being stupid to posting the link to the website...

why dont u tell me one more time that im stupid it really helps....

btw i def dont think u shouldve put hackers in quotes
    this is most def hacking.....
    mayb not in a dictionary definition, but it ammounts to the same thing