Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Most "mature" Xbox Live games

I was listening to an Xbox 360-related podcast this morning when someone mentioned that she had better experiences on certain Xbox Live games compared to others because they had a higher percentage of more mature players. As an example, she said that Rainbow Six Vegas 2 tended to have a relatively small amount of hostile, harassing, or loud-and-obnoxious-twelve-year-old gamers compared to everyone's favorite cesspool, Halo 3.

The question got me wondering, what games on Xbox Live have you played that tend to have more mature players on them? By contrast, what games are just representative of the dregs of society?

I personally don't play too many Live games with random people so my experience is a bit limited, but I have to agree that I've had good experiences overall with Rainbow Six Vegas 2. PSU and Rock Band both rate pretty high up on the maturity scale as well. On the lower end, Call of Duty 4 and Halo 3, unsurprisingly, are over-populated with assholes. I imagine GTA IV would be pretty bad as well, but I have yet to play this online with any random people.

What I want is a system in-place for LIVE that allows me to only play with people of a certain age group. Such as "20+", "30+" etc. It would check the birthdate of the profile for LIVE and match-make accordingly. Assholes and idiots come in all ages, but I'd prefer a 20 year old asshole over a snotty little fuck I'd like to have aborted at the age of 14.

As for mature LIVE games, Chrome Hounds had a pretty solid group I played with originally, 20-38 were the ages in the initial group, and then a little kiddie got in and ended up being the butt of everyone's jokes, because he was a tactless idiot who could'nt shut the fuck up and keep comm channels clear while we went up against enemy teams.

"Hey, did you guys see--"
    "Be quiet, I can't hear the scout if you're talking."
    "Well I just wanted to know if--"
    "Hey, shut up, we're in the middle of a game. Combat chatter only."
    *four minutes later, during a fire-fight*
    "So I was listening to this new Linkin Pa--"
    "SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP. Or I'm going to kick you from the squad."

Other than that, I haven't had much success with LIVE games. I really wish they'd offer more age-oriented segregation, when I want to play tactical team-oriented games, a 14 year old just doesn't get it, and I like playing with people who aren't jumping up and down and screaming into their mic at the least little thing; whether they were killed or got a kill, or want their mom to make them some chocolate milk.
    Look, he did it again.

I must be the luckiest guy in the world when it comes to Xbox Live. I just don't run into maroons that often. Though, I have run into most of them on Call of Duty 4.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

For games like PSU, I usually play with friends. Inevitably you will meet friends of those friends and so on. I've usually depended on this to meet classy players because its reasonable to assume that your friends will have other friends with interests similar to your own.

With games like Halo, I never play team games, and I never use a mic so I have no idea what kind of people I'm playing with.

I've only played online Halo 3 with friends, so yeah.

I played some GTA 4 online with randoms... it's.. interesting.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Ace Combat 6 seemed to have a pretty mature crowd when I tried it online before... but there really aren't that many people playing it online anyway. I imagine that pretty much anything that isn't a first person shooter is going to have a slightly above-average crowd in terms of maturity

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Steel Battalion probably doesn't have anyone below 25, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomeeboy View Post
    I imagine that pretty much anything that isn't a first person shooter is going to have a slightly above-average crowd in terms of maturity
    From what I've heard the Madden and Need For Speed games aren't exactly shining beacons of adulthood either.

Also I just remembered Uno when it first came out, and all the X-rated shenanigans that went with that....

P.S.: before anyone gets offended that we're talking negatively about kids in a sort of generic sense, I do recognize that maturity is sometimes independent of age; a certain teenager on my friends list actually carries himself better than most adults I know. Still, the vast majority of Xbox Live miscreants fall into the lower age brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    Steel Battalion probably doesn't have anyone below 25, haha.

But why would it? The game was like $250 when it first came out, and the online game came out later so thats another $50. Not many kiddies rolling and willing to drop that much cash for a rather hard-core mech sim. Still have mine even, and I had that shiz on pre-order.
    Look, he did it again.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

Im about to get Steel Batallion LOC actually. I watched the entire pilots manual on youtube and that pushed me to get it. I hear they play online on sundays. I had played it before at a friends house back when it initially came out.

As for live games with a mature community, battlestaions midway has some decent people for some good fun.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.