Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

From my experiences with Shadowrun and Perfect Dark Zero, they seem to have a relatively low number of immature kids on them...

With Perfect Dark Zero, however, I've run across a good few people with British or English accents, ranting about how much they hate Americans. :/

...And one time, a kid was yelling at me for taking up a "sniping spot" in a map where the maximum firing distances was maybe 100 feet or so - when I was using a Falcon, against unarmored targets, and he decided a Jackal was necessary for that range (despite that, when he did get a spot, he couldn't hit anything with it). :/

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

AKA the Unbelievable Batmobile UnderscoreX's Avatar

Team Fortress 2 and FIFA are the only games i've actually played on Live and TF seemed to have nothing but annoying kids. Scoooop.
    My better is better than your better.

Absolutely, positively the MOST unlucky person!!! Raine_Loire's Avatar

My problem on live isn't usually kids, it's immature 20 somethings that don't want to grow up... and that seems to be equal on all games I've played.

I also have race issues. Call me an extreme racist, but I can't STAND people on XBL of the English (UK) race.

Hands down the largest group of asshats I've ever played with. Most likely the largest group on XBL.

And god forbid they know you're a girl... all the "girls don't game, go back to viva pinata, you fat ugly b****" comments I've had on XBL was from them.

and they always sound drunk! Even the kids!! It's irritating

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raine_Loire View Post
    My problem on live isn't usually kids, it's immature 20 somethings that don't want to grow up... and that seems to be equal on all games I've played.

I also have race issues. Call me an extreme racist, but I can't STAND people on XBL of the English (UK) race.

Hands down the largest group of asshats I've ever played with. Most likely the largest group on XBL.

And god forbid they know you're a girl... all the "girls don't game, go back to viva pinata, you fat ugly b****" comments I've had on XBL was from them.

and they always sound drunk! Even the kids!! It's irritating
    It may not just be the way they sound. I know what you're talking about, though.

Lost Planet has a few kids playing, but from what I've heard, most of the annoying ones have been scared away. Pretty cliqueish atmosphere, though.

lost planet is full of experts. hard to get in.
    i really enjoyed playing ridge racer 6 online, but then again, i dont use the mic for the same reason raine_loire stated, and have chat muted.

i wish xbl games had a way to communicate without the mic, it's annoying. rr6 definitely has room for a chat window, at least in the lobby... last time i actually had to communicate using morse code with the "ready" icon...
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

I see the girl harassment semi-frequently on Halo3 (why do they flock to that?), and I really don't understand it. If they so very rarely get to interact with the opposite sex, why waste your chance by driving them away?

Ridge Racer 6 is pretty cool, but I prefer Forza 2 and PGR4.
    Last edited by McLaughlin; May 28, 2008 at 05:52 PM.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

bitter /v/irgin-effect, maybe?

and ridge racer is no racing game, its a drifting game, so i agree.
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

Quote Originally Posted by rena-ko View Post
    bitter /v/irgin-effect, maybe?
    I lol'd.

My younger sister used to play Gears of War a lot before the 360 went kaput. She's pretty damn good at it and has been in the top of several girl-orientated clans such as PMS. It's sad to say that when I did play with her people would give her negative feedback all the time just because they lost to a girl. More than on several occasions she's had tons of sexist remarks said to her. I'm glad she's strong enough to handle it, but the fact that immature people are doing this on a service you're paying for is kind of sad.

I used to play Halo 2 on my Xbox on Live, and that was always interesting... to say the least. I remember this one guy cussing me out in the game lobby because I stuck him with a plasma twice in a row :/

But when I did play Forza Motorsport online, the randoms I raced with were always pretty nice and almost everyone was a good sport.

People are generally fine on PGR4 as well.

My Rep floats around 70% because I play a lot of Lone Wolves/Rumble Pit on Halo3, and a lot of people don't like to lose (usually by at least twice their score :P). That, and I get stuck with all the Generals who don't think it's possible they can lose to a Brigadier.

Most don't talk though. They just give me a bad review after the game without having said a word. I always say "Good game" and watch my rep fluctuate.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Of the few 360 games I've played I'd say Forza is one fo the best. If there is an ass in there, which is usually never more than 1, he is easily ignored for the race. Most are very nice and a good deal are willing to give you tips.

Recently though the biggest bunch of idiots I hate dealing with are the MLG players. They act like children with the whole I'm better than you mentality because they are MLG players.
    "This plan is so bad it HAS to be ours."