Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 12-Year-Old Girl Banned From All-Boys Basketball League for Being Too Awesome

[b]Source page and Video link of this beast posted below[/n]

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/...ague-for-bein/

This makes sense: a 12-year-old girl was kicked off her basketball team for ... being a girl. Apparently, the other players' parents didn't discriminate on the basis of gender until they realized Jaime Nared would routinely make their sons look like Scott Howard before he learned to harness his awesome powers.

Nared stand over 6 feet tall and initially was encouraged to join the all-boys league.
    "[The parents of the other teams' players] were great ... until she blocked the first shot. Then they were like, 'Hey, we don't want this big kid coming out and making us look bad,'" said Michael Abraham, Jaime's coach.

After parents complained, The Hoop, a private league that organizes the games, told Jaime she could no longer play with the boys, citing a rule that bars mixed-gender teams.
    Yes, because God forbid a kid with no discernible basketball talent gets embarrassed by a kid with gobs of ability. I suspect this has very little to do with the players -- 12-year-olds have a pretty high humiliation threshold -- and everything to do with athletically frustrated parents trying to "keep the dream alive!" through their kids. Solid.

Nared's teammates have written letters to the league, but the The Hoop is unwilling to budge. In a statement to ABC News, the league office said "It stands by its decision to not change the rules of their spring league while in process."

Nared had played with the team for more than a year, but now, because of some arbitrary ruling, the league is unwilling to consider reinstating her because the spring league is in progress? Ingenious. Good to see politics has infiltrated 12-year-old private basketball league's in Oregon.

Whatever, even though Nared has yet to enter high school, she's already been offered a scholarship to Oregon State. I eagerly await The Hoop's efforts to shoot down those dreams.

Fuck the other parents and any of the whiny kids who got owned. If she has talent, she'll go far regardless of all this bullshit; if anything it has put her on a very nice spotlight, and she'll go much, MUCH further than had they kept their damn traps shut about it.

And yes, lets take out the strongest player, as opposed to encouraging their own kids to man up and do better. My dad would have said "Stop being a pussy, get better at it or quit."
    Look, he did it again.

Wow. That's kinda ridiculous. Girls playing basketball? Absurd!
    I jest. Honestly this is ridiculous. It just goes to show that people are willing to break the rules as long as they aren't being effected by it. But once they get the short end of the stick because of rule breaking: WATCH OUT! She played for a year, why pick now to enforce the "No Girls Allowed" rule? I really hope this girl gets some kind of justice for what they are doing.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

If they had never let her in to begin with, I wouldn't have a problem. Since they decided to throw the book at her after burning it the first time around, they need to shut the hell up and sleep in the bed they made.

Not surprised at all, sadly.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Good lord, 6 feet tall? The hell is wrong with this generation?

Everyone in my year isn't that tall. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_Vordex View Post

More growth hormone, probably.

And I'm getting sick of this "Everyone is a winner" attitude that people have forced onto these generations.

If you are a loser, you are a freakin' loser. Get off the court. ;| Poor parents, is your son crying because he lost to a girl? That's too bad, he needs to suck it up, just like you need to, and be mature about it. Maybe if they practiced they wouldn't have a problem, now would they?

Arljgahdgoijasdgojigoij hate this generation of parents.

That one place you may or may not have been... East-side

Quote Originally Posted by ABDUR101 View Post
    Fuck the other parents and any of the whiny kids who got owned. If she has talent, she'll go far regardless of all this bullshit; if anything it has put her on a very nice spotlight, and she'll go much, MUCH further than had they kept their damn traps shut about it.

And yes, lets take out the strongest player, as opposed to encouraging their own kids to man up and do better. My dad would have said "Stop being a pussy, get better at it or quit."
    They better suck on wood... Whatever, shes gonna be getting paid to do what she loves, so its all gonna work out for her. God don't like ugly...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_Vordex View Post

Yes and she is still shorter then her mom & dad now thats pretty scary lol

I don't see why they should kick her out.
    That's stupid.
    That always happens when a girl in a guy's league does better than the guys.