Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I woke up and found myself in this place. SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE HELL AM I?!

So, worked on the legs a bit, although I still think something looks odd, I just don't know what...

You've got the knees too high. The knees should be half way between the crotch and the ankles. It could also be possible that you have the shins too long. I didn't take a lot of time to measure out the proportions.

Yeah, I see, I don't know exactly on the right leg, but I certainly have to work on the left one (the one in the front).

Hey Aumi! I've send you a Private Message with in it a completly redrawn version of your picture, and lots of feedback in it.

I don't wanna hijack your thread, thats why I PM'ed it. If you don't mind I can of course post it in this thread as well.

Nah, it's fine :P

Well, I see what you mean, but this really isn't of my liking, sorry. it's more detailed and all that, and probably more realistic. But 1. you know my drawing style is in the category of manga and 2. ain't she a little... thick? Well, it just isn't my style, sorry
    1) No matter what your drawing style looks like, you can't ignore the laws of nature, if you do, your drawings will never improve, since you keep telling yourself "it's your style". Also note that eventhough manga is not comepletly realistic, the humans in manga's are still almost 100% anatomicly correct.
    Don't get me wrong, but your drawings remind me of my own when I started drawing, so I understand what you mean by it.

2) She is actuall pretty slim..

Well, guess these are some differences in opinion. Also, I sorta can't see that drawing of your's as being slim, sorry. Sure, I have to work on the anatomical issues, but the slimness... I guess you won't see too many changes on that. I've seen many manga drawing styles. I actually haven't seen many which are much less slim. Also, the clothes of your drawing. I wouldn't draw it like that since it's tight-fitting after all.

Haha.. for real real human proportions she is slim, since she hardly has any bodyfat

as for the clothes, it was my intepretation it was some kind of leather, and even tight leather gets folds, else it would be impossible to move.

If manga style is what you're going for, I won't be much of a help for you, am I? I think you should ask Xerogouki for advice, since he is pretty damned good with that style
    Last edited by qoxolg; Jun 9, 2008 at 03:45 PM.

Well, I'm learning through seeing; and looking at styles that I like. My goal isn't becoming good at drawing humans; it is becoming good at drawing manga.

You should've said so from the beginning, I wouldn't have made the pic then
    I might even color it (if you don't mind, since it's a copy of one of your pics), since I actually put effort in drawing it.

But still: It's smart to nail down real human anatomy, and than apply your own manga style over it.

Also, if you plan to become a manga artist you have to practice alot with dynamic poses and action.