Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Off-Topic.. But Whats OP?
    Can't we all just get along?

Dayton/Fairborn/Troy/Springfield, OH, USA

I sell my 0/10's and buy 9/9's. Its true. I'm probably not going to get them to 10, or even 9, so I'll save my grinder costs, and say GL to someone else.

Exceptions to this rule are things that are super expensive, limited time only, not in shops, or 42%+ Melee weapons. Those I will grind myself, preferably in groups. I have like 12 Pushan waiting for the grind bonus (I'm still 10% hopeful on getting this)

Quote Originally Posted by sklyl View Post
    Off-Topic.. But Whats OP?
    Edit: OP can stand for Original Post, or Original Poster.
    ~360~ MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ Beseal 180 AF/FF/WT | True Villain Caseal 170+ AT/GT
    Violent Violet Caseal 180 PT/GM/FM | Mistress Vulcana Newearl 179+ MF

personally i dont really care what the % or the grind. if the item is broken and cheap, ill buy it if i need it. Hell i brought a 0/9 shiggea destac for like 400k compare to a 0/10 for like 1.5 mil. not to mention the 2/8 (24%) gizaha zashi for 200k compare to 1 mil.

I pretty much always have only x/10 weapons, it just looks a lot nicer and on most weapons a few grinds doesn't make a substantial power increase anyway. The only current exception is my 3/9 PW (I was only trying to go to 3/10 and it broke lolz). The only reason I'm keeping it is because it was my first PW and also the first thing I was really dedicated to hunt. Another possible exception is a love inferno if I ever get one, I'm trying to get either an x/10 or 6/6+ one. I could've had a 7/7 a few days ago but that one, shall we say, "didn't work out."

I usually stop grinding a weapon when it hits the fourth or fifth grind(exceptions to C ranks)
    I also find it pointless to grind R-mags(Shadoogs)

Bowser Troopa, Force Flex Poncho_Jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChoco View Post
    I usually stop grinding a weapon when it hits the fourth or fifth grind(exceptions to C ranks)
    I also find it pointless to grind R-mags(Shadoogs)
    Funny you mentioned that. I think it's safe to say I've never seen a grinded RCSM.

You know you wanna join.

I'll use a 4/4 striking weapon if it has a high %, but I really don't like anything less than 5/5 (mostly because a lot of my weapons end up that way). I can take any number x/10, but once it breaks, I just feel the need to max it out. Uneven grind numbers (other than x/10) just bother me for some reason. This leads to lots and lots of broken weapons.
    Arbalest: LVL 150 Male CAST FF20, FG20, PT20
    Byakko: LVL 150 Male Beast GM20
    Hiro: LVL150 Male Human AF20, AT20, FiG11, FF10, WT10, GT10, GM20

The Singing RAcast~! R2D6battlebot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiero_Glyph View Post
    People like the OP are the ones that make the economy so easy to exploit. A 9/9 or 8/8 are just as good if not better than a #/10, yet are devalued for being broken. Sure the item may not have the potential to make a 10/10, but unless you grind it up to a 10/10 and it doesn't break then your item will never fulfill that potential either.

People pay a small fortune for 7/10 and 8/10 and sometimes even 9/10 items yet they are too afraid to put the last few grinds on them. Why not just buy a 7/7, 8/8 or 9/9 item if you are never going to attempt to grind them up to a 10/10? Purchasing broken items will save you a lot of money and you never have to worry about them breaking or wasting grinders when they are already at their max grind limit.
    You are forgetting that the only reason people REALLY want most weps to 10/10 at all is merely as a status symbol. People don't pay the outrageous prices for caviar because it makes you younger, they pay for it because it screams 'I'm more financially secure than you are!!!'. It's a lot like buying a PS3, it's not worth the money, but it definitely screams that you have money you wanted to waste So when you say a 9/9 wep is better than any x/10 weapon, I personally would disagree. There's only one weapon that I would shame any of my chars palettes with having a 9/9 of, and that's a Repca, because it's usefulness is solely dependent upon it having grinds. As far as people buying 9/10s etc and then never grinding them, I say shame on them! That is one EPIC waste of a good unbroken weapon (personally when I buy weapons, I will either buy the board or just buy a 0/10 to grind myself, sometimes up to a 3 or 4/10 if the prices are right).

Quote Originally Posted by Poncho_Jr View Post
    Funny you mentioned that. I think it's safe to say I've never seen a grinded RCSM.
    I've only grinded Sonichis, gotten 4 so far to 10, and it's kinda different because it's event-only.
    Last edited by R2D6battlebot; Jun 29, 2008 at 01:19 AM.
    Recently gone back to PSO.
    Currently hunting -- God/Ability x3, MILLA, Luck Materials.

I dont mind broken weps that much. Of course they arent the first I look for by no means. It's just hard to pass up on a deal sometimes. I found a great deal today on a broken Grand Cross and I am very happy with my purchase. This probably makes me look like a noob huh? I'd like to consider myself elite but Im probably more of a white trash Guardian and I am ok with that! I like my stuff and that's what counts! :P
    AuroraBlaze Newman Female lvl 150/FT 20/AT 20/MF
    AdoraBlaze Human Female lvl 150/AT 20/FI 20/PT 20
    AlanaBlaze Cast Female lvl 150/FG 20/GT 20/GM
    AvanaBlaze Beast Female lvl 122/FF 20/FI 20/FM

I dont like grinding. Most of my weapons are 0/10.

{Theme: Infinite Legends}
    RadiantAim: When did you get here?
    LegendAim: Wow he actually leveled him
    LordAim: Hai gaiz