Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Fighgunner, Protranser, or Wartecher?

All right. So I'm on my first character (so I don't have much money). Its a CAST, and I'm at 5 for all of the Hunter/Ranger/Force. I've decided to try one of those three classes.

I like the Wartecher idea because I've always liked daggers, and I enjoy buffing/healing/support quite a lot. Protranser looks interesting, its spread of S-ranks looks like the playstyle could be fun, but I have no idea how to use traps or where to get them from. And Fighgunner looks good just because of the weapon spread as well, and because its the only one of those classes that I won't have to buy WORSE weapons than the ones I'm using while leveling hunter/ranger/force because WT and PT decrease my stats from those.

I tried Guntecher, but I found it slightly weak and I got tired of dual handguns fast. I'm more of a shotgun person when it comes to playing ranger. I'm going to make a different character a Fortegunner when I get around to it.

Any recommendations for someone just starting, or any comments on what I've said about those three classes would be helpful!

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

FiG and WT are fairly easy to start using, and either will server you well.

PT is fun, but VERY hard to get started on. I think it's worth it in the end, but getting to where it's viable will take a while, and may be something you'll want to put off until you've gotten your character up a good bit in level.

Ship 2 - Gatz

Try them all. You can switch to any class, any time - just be sure to meet the requirements.

The Magnanimous Guardian Magician's Avatar

Yes. Wait, what?

Personally, I'm a fan of fI because double sabers and daggers are fun weapons, but since you say shotguns are your bag then PT sounds like the class for you. Be sure to stick with it, PT's a little weak at first, but get the job level above ten and they start to round out. A palette with a spear, axe, shotgun, longbow, grenade, and laser provides alot of varied gameplay; which makes that class so great.

Wartecher is a good choice for a first advanced class, you get a lot of stuff to play around with. One of its drawbacks is the low skill caps, but that doesn't make a difference unless your skills are at or above the cap level. If you play WT until you outgrow it, you'll be in very good shape to move on to Fortefighter, Fortetecher, or even bounce between both.

Fighgunner is a strong, simple, and fun to play. In the end I found it sort of limiting though, I play a lot of Fortefighter and Fighgunner didn't feel a whole lot more flexible... it only has basic traps and firearms when melee isn't the best option. Basically: do you want to use double sabers? If yes, Fighgunner is the job for you.

Protranser starts off very weak but grows quickly to have decent stats. Access to a lot of strong melee weapons and mid-tier skill cap lets you hit pretty hard in combat until your bullet skills are at the point where they can start taking over for the majority of your damage. Protranser can also use EX traps, which are the bomb for incapacitating dangerous enemies while your team goes to town on them.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

I would probably start with fighgunner since you seem to have the weaponry for it already. I think you might like the protranser overall though. You can get the traps from any lady selling items before missions as well as the item shop. I would level up fighgunner to start with though till you get your character up to a nice high level. Then I would possibly try protranser. Protranser is like mission impossible at level one, but when you level it up it is a sweet job. You get a high enough level you can turn to protranser and walk through the Military Subway C mission and get over 100 mission points for each run. You can also level up your photon arts at the same time. You play the job right and people will welcome you to a party with open arms.
    Work hard, play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcaster0 View Post
    All right. So I'm on my first character (so I don't have much money). Its a CAST, and I'm at 5 for all of the Hunter/Ranger/Force. I've decided to try one of those three classes.

I like the Wartecher idea because I've always liked daggers, and I enjoy buffing/healing/support quite a lot. Protranser looks interesting, its spread of S-ranks looks like the playstyle could be fun, but I have no idea how to use traps or where to get them from. And Fighgunner looks good just because of the weapon spread as well, and because its the only one of those classes that I won't have to buy WORSE weapons than the ones I'm using while leveling hunter/ranger/force because WT and PT decrease my stats from those.

I tried Guntecher, but I found it slightly weak and I got tired of dual handguns fast. I'm more of a shotgun person when it comes to playing ranger. I'm going to make a different character a Fortegunner when I get around to it.

Any recommendations for someone just starting, or any comments on what I've said about those three classes would be helpful!
    Wartechers arn't good fro support. Let acrfotechers's and fortetechers's have that job.

Traps are the best things in the world, and everyone loves a good protranser in the party. Your HP kinda sucks, but if you got good weapons, you can keep up with damage from them as well. (But mainly use traps )

Fighgunners are easiest to use out of the three. Those double-sabers are what mainly people use for that class, so it's up to you.

I'd say Fighgunner, but I love figh classes, so, whenever you are confident enough, get into PT. Great class to become good at.

the best team our budget could buy. gryphonvii's Avatar

Fighgunner is the easiest to start with. Similar melee to Wt but is stronger, and until WT gets 30 support buffs will bi the same as items and it is easy to party with other techers with higher buffs. PT is the hardest to get good with but is probably the best. You can use your shotguns and alot of power melee weaponry nly available as A rank to both WT and Figh. And traps are godly. Level up as Figh first than try PT is my suggestion, but then it is your character, your deision.

Well I started with Wartecher, kind of liking it... Just got a set of knuckles and while theyre kind ugly, theyre good. What are good PAs for them, or what other weapons should I be using? And I'm going to try Fighgunner (even though they're ridiculously popular) - i wotn be able to use double sabers right away. What other weapon/PAs should I start with?

I'm a Wartecher player and I'll say this: It's a good class to start with, but don't expect to put up those high numbers as almost every class can out damage them. Their support is not to great as of now, but if you really want to be able to use technics, go with it. Resta level 20 works well if you minus out the high HP you'll be getting. Also here's a WT tip:

Since other players perfer the buffs of other classes, save up 25 PA frags and get yourself Megistar. It saves space on your weapon's palette and gives yourself all 4 buffs. Good for soloing: something else WT can do well. Thier support is good for themselves and a group of pure hunters, but it's useless if a real techer is in the party.

Hope this helps you out. Despite all of the problems, I love this class. I've been a WT on my main, since I gained access to the class.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcaster0 View Post
    Well I started with Wartecher, kind of liking it... Just got a set of knuckles and while theyre kind ugly, theyre good. What are good PAs for them, or what other weapons should I be using? And I'm going to try Fighgunner (even though they're ridiculously popular) - i wotn be able to use double sabers right away. What other weapon/PAs should I start with?
    For a good Knuckle PA that doesn't cost money, buy the combo one. The one with the Falcon Punch is not too great for mobility. If you have PA frags, then go with any of those.
    Real Heroes do not fight wars. They are born to prevent them.

Sorry for the horrible quality!
    Kenneth Silver - Male - Human - Former Guardian... for now.