Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PS2's Fanbites

The last few times I've played the game thru, I usually hit DF in the mid 30s sometimes higher. Maybe because I enjoy the first half of the game more than the second. My strategy is pretty similar to yours. However I use Kain instead of Anna. I like his Nagaj (when he gets it off). He needs a neishield and Amy an emel. The deban is an absolute difference maker for me -- but you're right, Df can still wipe you out quickly -- it's not a battle saver. However, like you, I arm all characters with trimates and a couple starmists (and maybe a moon dew). If you can get deban, a few sashus (def + for all) off, you can take 2 lightning hits without dying. Without the shield/emel - Kain and Amy can't. This gives you a "warning round" so you know that char must heal or be healed. If I've used saner enough, there's a better chance of everyone going before DF but no guarantee. I've already gone like 30 some rounds (not sure) because of everyone being "greedy" or "crushed by despair" and had the neisword flash 3 times in one battle. My strategy is a bit cowardly and time consuming, but it keeps the characters alive. Motherbrain is powerless against it if I keep someone healing Amy for like 3 rounds (at first) regardless of whether or not she gets hit.

Quote Originally Posted by voodlar View Post
    The last few times I've played the game thru, I usually hit DF in the mid 30s sometimes higher. Maybe because I enjoy the first half of the game more than the second. My strategy is pretty similar to yours. However I use Kain instead of Anna. I like his Nagaj (when he gets it off). He needs a neishield and Amy an emel. The deban is an absolute difference maker for me -- but you're right, Df can still wipe you out quickly -- it's not a battle saver. However, like you, I arm all characters with trimates and a couple starmists (and maybe a moon dew). If you can get deban, a few sashus (def + for all) off, you can take 2 lightning hits without dying. Without the shield/emel - Kain and Amy can't. This gives you a "warning round" so you know that char must heal or be healed. If I've used saner enough, there's a better chance of everyone going before DF but no guarantee. I've already gone like 30 some rounds (not sure) because of everyone being "greedy" or "crushed by despair" and had the neisword flash 3 times in one battle. My strategy is a bit cowardly and time consuming, but it keeps the characters alive. Motherbrain is powerless against it if I keep someone healing Amy for like 3 rounds (at first) regardless of whether or not she gets hit.
    Yeah, that is a solid strategy. I used to use Kain, but I found that he's only really good in the Dams and when first going to Dezo. Hugh would be a better choice when going for the Nei Items if his techs went off. Anna is fast and is an excellent support character, especially with the Snow Crown.

The only one I do not recommend using much of the game is Shir. Just get her to level 10, steal a Visiphone, then be done with her unless you need to steal. Though she does learn NaGra and NaZan, her low TP allows her to use it about 2-3 times.