Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

Exclamation Xlink Kai setup guide + meeting spot in PSU for voice chat

If you want to play Phantasy Star Portable multiplayer over Xlink Kai with other people that have voice chat. You can meet up with other PSP players on the 360 server in the Guardians Colony Club on Universe 3. I hope to see you all there as soon as I get my PSP ready.

Getting your PSP connected:
    http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=evo7:psp

Here is how you can get your psp setup to play ad:hoc over the internet

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku...onnectionguide - direct link to the connection guide

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    I'm using the same exact hardware used to connect to Monster Hunter Freedom 2.

On the other hand, I've messed around a bit this morning and had a lot better luck connecting to various people on the PSP Xlink Kai.

Seems like the main source of the problem is that you need to have the latest BETA of the xlink client to have better luck with connections. I saw various hosts opening up for me to join and I tried a few.

The only problem was that the people I was connecting to, had a few problems of their own and thus when it came time for us to start a mission, somebody else's friend drops out and we have to start over.

However, I seem to consistantly not only connect, but have a good process of staying connected in the lobby after the host reports their SSID change. It's good to have the Zy Tool open the whole time, so you can quickly reassign the SSID once the host connects.

It's usally a step process for those who have already set up their Xlink Kai the usual way.

For Both Host and Guest:

Step 1: make sure your USB Dongle or Wifi that you are connecting your PSP to is ready.

Step 2: Fire up the Xlink Kai program and connect in. Then you go to Arena.
    PSP -> Action -> Phantasy Star Portable.

You'll be in the main lobby and during high times, you'll see sub-lobbies to connect to.

Step 3: Turn on your PSP and make sure your Network Settings Adhoc Connection is transmitting on Channel 11. Not sure why, but it seems most Phantasy Star Portable players are on that channel. (Not to mention, the japanese connect instructions seem to advertise channel 11 as their channel).

Step 4: Fire up the Phantasy Star Portable in the PSP. Make a character if you haven't (select one if you have one) and then pick the Multiplayer mode.

There are three options.
    1. Host a Multiplayer Game Adhoc.
    2. Join a Multiplayer Game Adhoc.
    3. Back to Title Screen.

Now this instruction splits between Host and Guest.

For the Host:

1. Pick option 1, your PSP will now be transmitting data which will actually send an SSID. This should be detectable by your AdHoc connection on your PC.

1. Then open up the Tool for which you select what your Datel connects to. A lot of Datel WiFi max users will be using the Zydas Tool. You should always keep this tool open since you'll need to come back to this later.

3. Use the Refresh button to refresh networks to connect to, when you see your PSP show up, select that and pick connect. You are now broadcasting your character name to whoever is in the same Lobby (or subLobby) as you.

4. Don't pick the next option you see here until you have the people join you, if you do, it'll prompt you with a message saying "You want to start a multiplayer session with only 1 player?" with a box for Yes and No.

So you wait for joiners and when satisfied, then you proceed. But you aren't done yet.

For the Guest:

1. Pick option 2, your PSP will now be transmitting data which will actually send an SSID. This should be detectable by your AdHoc connection on your PC.

2. Then open up the Tool for which you select what your Datel connects to. A lot of Datel WiFi max users will be using the Zydas Tool. You should always keep this tool open since you'll need to come back to this later.

3. Use the Refresh button to refresh networks to connect to, when you see your PSP show up, select that and pick connect. You are now searching for whoever is in the same Lobby (or subLobby) as you. You can actually leave your PSP in this state and use the Xlink Kai to move around Arena lobbies. With a little delay, you'll see names update here as you move around. Take note, if you only see the option that isn't a name, it's telling you that there are no leaders available at this time. That means you haven't found a host ready to start a game yet.

4. Anyway, a host character name will appear, or multiples if multiple hosts are broadcasting in the lobby. Pick one. You'll see a list of characters already joined in the session, or just the host if you're the first guest. Select that to join in.

5. Congrats, you should see your bottom left statistics join in with other players like the bottom left HUD shows in PSU.

Once you're here, this is what the Host and the Guest need to do.

1. The Host will continue and start a game with all current connected players. The host should immediately go back to the Tool I told you to keep open earlier. Do a Rescan for the available networks and pick their PSP again. Whoah! You're SSID changed. Yep. PSU takes your standard SSID and postpends some extra random characters behind it. So quickly act like you're going to change your SSID, but don't save the changes. You just want to cut and paste this new SSID to the forum.

2. The Guests will see the game start to connect with a (Connection 11) message. It's basically getting ready to load the other players in and do all that connection stuff, but there's another step. So go back to the Lobby in Xlink Kai and look for the Host to post their new SSID. When you see that, go back to Tool I told you to keep open earlier and change your SSID of your PSP connection to the same one the Host just posted to the forum. Cut and Paste works here. When you hit the Apply Button, the game should be satisfied and you'll join the leader in the Lobby (Parum for example).

If you did this right, you'll be perfectly connected and ready to proceed. The rest of the way to start a mission is performed precisely like PSU.
    Last edited by zandra117; Jul 16, 2008 at 01:29 PM.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

It works fine with me, I can play online. The problem is that, obviously, PSP is not listed on XLink. Where should we gather to play? '.
    I propose PSP --> Other --> Test. I just created a server .
    Last edited by Fry_Heit; Jul 9, 2008 at 06:32 AM.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

Quote Originally Posted by Fry_Heit View Post
    It works fine with me, I can play online. The problem is that, obviously, PSP is not listed on XLink. Where should we gather to play? '.
    I propose PSP --> Other --> Test. I just created a server .
    That sounds fine.
    My PSP is being dumb right now and is refusing to connect with my PC so I can install the demo.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

I've spent four hours trying to connect my PSP by WiFi on my computer, and it still doesn't work. I have two choices : either connect it via my MA111 key thingy (my computer recognizes my psp, but XLink doesn't see my wifi key), or via my Inventel router (XLink doesn't see my router).

I give up for the time being, I'm getting mad ><.

EDIT : There are some improvements. XBC is ok with my PSP, but XLink thinks it is either a Wii or a GameCube, and claims that my system is unreachable. I heard it's a problem of ports... Maaan, I can't take it anymore!
    Last edited by Fry_Heit; Jul 9, 2008 at 10:01 AM.

I'm very fimilar to Xlink Kai, I use it for Monster Hunter Portable: 2nd G.
    Any arena should work for PSP, just set it to say that your on Phantasy Star Portable.
    They'll likely have an arena once the full game is launched also.
    Waiting for Phantasy Star Online 2.~

Ok. Here's my problem : Xlink Kai doesn't list my WiFi key MA111. I know this one may work, but I have to be able to select it before in Kai configuration, but it doesn't list it... Why? Is there a way to ****ing list it in there please? I've been looking for hours! XBC runs just fine, but I can't make Xlink running! Please!

my PC has no wifi card i cant play online

oh well :/
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

I'm gonna try online later, just capping my char.
    Waiting for Phantasy Star Online 2.~

Apparently WiFi max works wonders with Xlink Kai.
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...1x7l-40-1.html

umm, i have wireless internet in my house.
    the computer i use is running on a wireless card (usb wireless internet card thingy)

i DO NOT have access to any ethernet cables if i need them.

am i able to set this thing up?

im not exactly computer savvy <_<