Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

the psp should be able to detect your wireless internet and you can enter your network name and key and access the internet through it.

Quote Originally Posted by JubeiSaotome View Post
    Apparently WiFi max works wonders with Xlink Kai.
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...1x7l-40-1.html
    Yes it does. Basically, it amplifies our PSP Ad-hoc connection to go over the internet and connect to other PSP's. I advise anyone to get one. Also note that, you can't connect to people using wireless routers for some odd reason. :/
    Waiting for Phantasy Star Online 2.~

I was able to link up with someone on Kai last night. The game was insanely laggy, unplayable for the people who joined up with me and overall just doesn't seem like it will be worth it to play multiplayer unless it's local. Plus getting connected was a real B***H and took many attempts just to get it to work. The host has to rescan so he can get the new SSID that the game randomly generates after people join. Then you have like 2-5 seconds to copy/paste the new SSID into the Kai chat box so the people trying to join your game can copy paste it into whatever source they are using to connect to Kai with so everyone has the same SSID. If anyone has a different SSID from the host then the game will automatically boot them once the actual mission screen comes up. LAME! Why couldn't it be more like monster hunter!

I guess today when I get off work I will make another attempt and see if I can find someone with a better ping to see if that helps the game run smoother. If anyone wants to give it a shot with me then i'll be on Kai around 10PM Eastern time in the PSP --> Other section. My Kai name is Rodnutz. Yup same Rodnutz from PS2/PC version of PSU.

Please make sure you are a frequent Kai user and you are able to join other games such as monster hunter 2, etc. I will be tired after a long days work, so I really won't be in the mood to spend hours trying to help people configure Kai to get connected. I will only get frustrated. However I am off on Saturday and I will be nice and rested so if people need help at that point then I am will to lend a hand.

Overall I think PSU on PSP is damn right awesome and I am sure I will play it a lot since I always carry my PSP with me due to the fact I ride the NYC subway system a lot. Plus overall it feels better to me than the current PSU, because it's more like PSO. Grinding is 100% which is totally awesome if you ask me. I am a casual gamer when it comes to games like this so being able to grind without the fear of breaking the wep is a nice welcomed addition. Plus being able to just find the weapons in there made form is a double bonus. No more getting a board and then having to hunt lame materials only to have it fail. And now finding weapons is definitely more like PSO because now they have added elemental stats to everything. I have already found quite a few 50% weapons of random elements.

Hopefully a USA version gets announced soon because I will definitely be buying it when the game drops. I strongly recommend everyone to try the demo out despite the language handicap. If you are a true fan of PSO/PSU you will not be disappointed. Only flaw I see with the game is the game just seems to be to far away from the action, but I am sure after playing for some time my eyes will simply adjust and like it. The game looks F*ing great and even better than the PS2 version in my opinion.

†-Helping Hands-† H3Av3NS PUNISH3R's Avatar

Do you have to use ethernet cable, (like the one that you plug into the 360) and use that one? How? If not, will a wireless router work?

Nevermind, my question has been answered. Its too bad, though.
    Last edited by H3Av3NS PUNISH3R; Jul 11, 2008 at 11:48 PM.

"Love isn't love, unless it's love until the end."
    †-Avtive Night Arks Member-†
    \Hina F Newman HU30 FI41 RA40 GU46 FO55 TE55 Ship 02/
    \Artemis F CAST HU16+ Ship 02/

So a Slim PSP wont brick?

Watch TLM Wrestling Friday at 8PM EST at-------
    http://www.mogulus.com/tlo

EPIC LOLZ Happen There.

Quote Originally Posted by Laquill View Post
    So a Slim PSP wont brick?
    Why would your PSP brick if you are doing something that it would normally do, just amplified?

;|

Thanks for sharing the information. I actually already had an Xlink Kai setup back when Monster Hunter Freedom 2 came out. I got that working and so I anticipate when both the game and the Xlink lobby come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Thanks for sharing the information. I actually already had an Xlink Kai setup back when Monster Hunter Freedom 2 came out. I got that working and so I anticipate when both the game and the Xlink lobby come out.
    People are pushing for it already, just with the demo. Things are looking up for us.

wait how do u play online? the game isnt even out in japan yet? can someone fill me in

Quote Originally Posted by hans4 View Post
    wait how do u play online? the game isnt even out in japan yet? can someone fill me in
    The Demo is out, and it has a multimode. What this multimode is, basically, is Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN).

As the name applies, the local area network is wireless. We have found out a way to tap into this, and tunnel it through the internet, hence X-Link Kai. This allows you to play with others where it wouldn't be possible otherwise. You are suppose to have you and three other friends with the game and their psp's in the same room. With X-Link Kai, you can tunnel through the internet (basically, go through the internet) and connect with others on your PSP.

Short terms: Use X-Link Kai to play with others online.

To do this, you'll need a compatible network card from your laptop, or a compatible network adapter (rare), OR a USB Dongle (easiest to get) meant for the PSP.

You can check these lists to find out if you have a compatible adapter:

Network card list
    Datel's WiFi MAX for the PSP and Windows XP
    GW-US64Mini2G and other Planex devices AND Windows XP

If you have vista, Datel's WiFi MAX is your only hope.

After that, it's a matter of following guides and a little patience to get online.