Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

Default Are there any theories floating around that attempts to bridge PSO with...

the older PS titles? Way back in 2004, when PSO was crack, I remember there being large debate topics trying to fit PSO into a sizable timeline within the PS universe.

I'm privy to the idea that PSIII effectively connects PSO with the rest of the series. Seeing as though the "RUINS" is actually the remains of a crashed spaceship I think the ship that you play through several generations in PSIII is that very same ship. That would also explain how Dark Falz/Force got there in the first place.

I would like to see how others think PSO was connected to the older series.
    Last edited by Shadowpawn; Jul 17, 2008 at 09:14 PM. Reason: lol, grammar crackers.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

In Crys' ending of PSIII the Alisa III lands on Ragol (green planet with 2 moons). After that they evacuate the ship, put a magic seal on it, then bury it to seal Dark Force inside. They then build a settlement at Ravem Aedes Sacra and build the superweapon Leucon Knight which somehow turns on them and destroys them.

Then Pioneer 1 lands on Ragol and opens the ruins of Alisa III awakening Dark Force. Pioneer 2 arrives and tries to figure out what happened. The hunters of pioneer 2 find the ruins and enter. Dark Force is growing on the walls and expanding, trying to break free. It needs to evolve. Hunters that wander deep into the ruins are attacked mentally by Dark Force in a dream sequence. (Dark Falz boss match, a reference to saccubus from the original Phantasy Star.) Dark Force gathers energy from the hunters it attacks. DF is never actually defeated and attempts to evolve into a new Profound Darkness and destroy Ragol but fails thanks to Rico and Flowen's spirits and becomes Ampulam Umbra, a failed evolution. Pioneer 2 finds Ravum Aedes Sacra and defeats the Leucon Knight. A hunter named Endu kills the Ampulam Umbra.

Because in Crys' story of PSIII the NeoPalm worldship is never encountered, I believe NeoPalm goes on to settle at planet Coral where Pioneer 1, 2, and 3 came from.
    Last edited by zandra117; Jul 18, 2008 at 06:26 AM.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

I am agreeing to what zandra117 says and I'm using that in my comic, but I hardly touch basis on it.

I woke up and found myself in this place. SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE HELL AM I?!

What zandra117 says sounds plausible. And I still believe Gurhal to be Algol, simply because there are too many references (like Parum being almost fully artificial and Moatoob having once been a green planet controlled by humans). Beasts are a possible new evolution branched from numans. So beasts and newmans both came from classical numans (Newmans are actually still a lot like old numans, they got the stats, sadly it can't be implemented in PSU very well, it would be a lot easier if there were dodge moves, then newmans should get a speed boost for both attacking speed and dodge speed, and maybe running speed). But I believe inhabitants from Ragol possibly returned to Algol, renaming it Gurhal. They probably rebuilt Parma, now Parum, and settled down on the other planets. The inhabitants of Dezolis, now Neudaiz (New Dezo), possibly became extinct for whatever reason. And some human bad guys went to Motavia, now Moatoob, created a beast race, possibly from the newman race, and enslaved them as workers for the hardly inhabitable planet. After all, it seems to have lots of resources. This way you could possibly tie everything together. That's my take on it.
    Last edited by Aumi; Jul 26, 2008 at 06:36 AM.

I could believe the Phantasy Star III ending - Ragol connection. But this game has 4 endings, and another one links with Phantasy Star 2 (earthlings conquering Algol). But since "dimensional rifts" are very comon in this series all the endings could be true at the same time lol

A Coral connection with any phantasy star game is pure speculation, it just happens that they created newman and CASTs, like Earthlings in Phantasy Star 2...

And Gurhal being Algol is just sad, Motavians, Dezolians, Numan and Muskats extinguished (when genetically they are the better adapted to live longer in Algol), not to mention that Wren and Demi no longer exist.

And most of Aumi points are wrong since Gurhal has a perfectly documented timeline: link, the only possibility is that Parmanians and Earthlings killed all the races in the system except themselves, and then their civilization fell.

I can't believe Lapuchas are the evolution of Motavians lol

Ok, I didn't see that coming, that kills my theory. But what if the Ancient Civilization was actually the civilization of Algol? Or what if the Civilization of Algol was even before that and went extinct because of some event we don't know about. Although that would be stupid. But I like the idea of the Ancient Civilization being the Civilization of Algol. If there's something I didn't take into consideration, tell me.

The ancient civilization in Gurhal did not extinct, they are the actual humans in Gurhal.

According to Phantasy Star 4, the "ancients" in Algol are some kind of God life forms, the ones you meet in Rykros and the ancient enemies of the Profound Darkness

That's not what I meant, just cut out the part with getting extinct, that was the latter one, mere speculation. I mean what if the Civilization of Algol is PSU's Ancient Civilization. All about Algol has probably been forgotten over time. And no, I'm not talking about the Classic's "Ancients", but the Ancient Civilization of PSU.

Yes but this theory implies the total genocide of all races by humans xD I don't think Motavians, Dezolians an Rica descendants could get extinct before humans in Algol by natural forces. Are you saying the Illuminus are as old as the Relics in Gurhal? xD

Don't forget Numans, I guess by the time there were probably more of them xD Well, yeah, but what if for whatever reason the humans were the only ones to survive. That way it could also make sense that both CASTs (Androids) and Newmans were once again made. But it's only speculation after all. I'd just like some connection between all parts, because of all those damn references. But who knows, probably SEGA'll just give us some alternate universe crap >_>