Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Why not put Gurhal as the ancient civilization in Algol???? The Illuminus win, only humans survive, the Ancient civilization is known then as Gods, in fact what you talk in PSIV Rykros could be an intelligent stateria with some fire lol then some hero called Landale unifies the system and becomes king, his loyal servant Lashiec is possessed by the ancient demon Falz and the saga begins xD

But the truth is that while PSO had some clues to think it was related to Algol, PSU is just plagiarism made by Sonic Team to Overworks, they have used names (planets and characters) and situations that already existed in previous games because their creative talent nowadays fails to make an original game

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

For how PSO links with PSU

Take a look at this official PSO episode 3 timeline translated by Espiokaos.
    http://www.espiokaos.com/misc/ep3_timeline.html

"Communication is received (on Coral) from another planetary search vessel of the successful discovery of another hospitable planet. Multiple immigration plans are discreetly put into action."
    The inhabitable planet they discovered was actually the Gurhal Star System. That means that people in PSU are descendants from Pioneer 3.

"Han Walt begins the OPSS incident (a large-scale android massacre) believing it is necessary to control the population." "The androids who fled the massacre by escaping to the surface of Ragol report back to the Security Bureau."

The information about the massacre reaches the Coral government (now immagrated to Gurhal) and starts a CAST civil rights movement that eventually triggers the 500 year war in Gurhal between Humans and CASTs.

Sometime during the 500 year war the communication between Coral and Ragol is lost and never is reestablished.

Also During the 500 year war records of history before immigration are lost and eventually forgotten.

At the end of the 500 year war the Tripartite Alliance Treaty is signed and the date system is changed from A.U.W. to BA (Before Alliance) and AC (Allied Century)

If PSO is linked with Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom through Crys' ending we know that Ragol has a black hole near it, as indicated by 2 of the other PSIII endings. The black hole has multiple exits from the Ragol side, Earth and Gurhal. Everything that passes through the black hole experiences time travel. That explains why Earth is found still inhabited in the alternate ending of PSIII. Also Ragol to Gurhal travels forward in time. Anyways, after the end of PSO episode 3 the people of Ragol had to dispose of C.A.R.D. Technology because it contains the "Germ" produced by Ampulam Umbra that can possibly grow back into a Dark Falz. Fearing the return of Dark Falz they disposed of the C.A.R.D. Technology by tossing it into the black hole. After traveling through the black hole the "Germ" arrived in Gurhal and began to grow and form together, eventually becoming the giant SEED Hive that the Gurhalians labled Rykros, the source of the SEED and an egg for the reborn Dark Falz.

Some of the "Germ" sent through the black hole also ends up at Earth in the past and also forms into a Dark Falz, It does this faster without having to produce SEED to gather energy for itself to grow because at this time the Profound Darkness is still alive, it just telepathically links back up with the Profound Darkness and then is granted enough energy to regenerate back as Dark Force/Falz then it proceeds to corrupt and manipulate the Earthmen. That is how the Dark Force arrived in Phantasy Star 2.

Now... about the ancient civilization of Gurhal.

I believe that it is the Great Light civilization. The original "Confinement War" was actually the war between the Great Light and the Profound Darkness (SEED) civilizations as described in the classic PS series. The Confinement War had multiple fronts, Algol and Gurhal, In Gurhal the profound darkness managed to wipe out the Great Light civilization settled there before they could contain them. After wiping out Gurhal the Profound Darkness moved to Algol. While attacking the Great Light civilization settled in Algol they were Contained inside the dimentional prison. While sealed inside the pocket universe of the Dimentional Prison they combined into one being... The Profound Darkness. The SEED is just the Profound Darkness split into seperate beings like it was originally.

Ok here is my profound darkness origin theory.

In the Japanese version of Phantasy Star IV it says:
    Several Hundred Million Years Ago - In an unspecified solar system, a civilization of spirit-life forms divides, and an interplanetary war breaks out.

2,000,000 Years Ago - The war is settled. As a result of the victorious side sealing the defeated side away, one fixed star and four planets are created, "Protectors of the Seal" are made on the four planets, and one kind of sentient life form is allocated to each.

300,000 Years Ago - The entire race of victors was wiped out. Except on the fourth planet, Ryucross, the beings of the other three planets, with the passing of each successive generation, begin to forget the mission of those made Protectors. Meanwhile, in their inter-dimensional prison, the sealed-away spirit-life forms transform into a wicked being, the accumulation of spirits of hatred and vengeance, and, at its core, a profound darkness is formed.

I believe that is a symbolic way of explaining this: (complex fan-theory time )
    Before the confinement war the Great Light civilization had settled in two star systems, Algol and Gurhal. The civilization in Gurhal had discovered planet Ragol and had sent an investigation team to study the planet. On Ragol the investigation team ran into the subterranean creatures Saint Million, Shambertin and Kondreiu. The creatures infected the team with a virus (SEED Virus). The infected research team returned to Gurhal and the virus spread then had an outbreak. The first confinement war had begun. The Great Light invented the confinement system to get rid of the SEED. The confinement system in Gurhal was never fully activated and the SEED took over the civilization. The SEED then turned toward Algol, but Algol was ready. The Great Light civilization in Algol had been communicationg with the civilization in Gurhal. They knew the SEED's tactics. When the seed Army arrived in Algol there was a huge battle, many of the Great Light died. There was only a few Great Light left when they successfuly confined the SEED in Algol's "Dimensional Prison". While inside the dimensional prison the SEED combined into a single lifeform, the Profound Darkness.

Some extra facts:
    In PSO episode 4, Saint Million, Shambertin, and Kondreiu are never explained as creatures that came from the Ruins, Altered Beasts, or escaped experiments. It also doesn't say that they came from the meteor that hits Ragol. They were just there. This theory actually gives them a purpose other than them just being a random final boss. (Alot of people mistakingly think that Rupika mutated into the serpents but Rupika actually just reacted with the meteor and turned into photon energy, then the energy attracted the serpents from underground sort of like how the SEED is attracted to A-Photon Generators.)

Dr. Osto's experiment, "Beta 772" was created by accelerating the growth of "D cells", the cells that carry the virus. His experiment became De Rol Le, an apparent larval form of Saint Million, Shambertin, and Kondreiu.
    Last edited by zandra117; Jul 29, 2008 at 03:40 PM.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

I woke up and found myself in this place. SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE HELL AM I?!

Interesting, but do you say that the Great Light made two almost, if not completely, identical systems? Other than that, pretty nice theory!

But this theory means the official Gurhal timeline is false, and that during the war the real history was lost and the one they know is not the correct one.
    It could be, except for one thing: CASTS and Newman (and Beasts).

If this theory was true then Gurhal CASTS and newmen would be the same species in Coral/Pioneer 2/Ragol, but they are not. CASTS in PSO were barely organic, while they are in PSU, or at least they have a "soul", and newmen in PSO had a very serious illness in their genetic code, they could die at any age without warning, this has nothing to do with newmen and beasts from Gurhal.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    But this theory means the official Gurhal timeline is false, and that during the war the real history was lost and the one they know is not the correct one.
    It could be, except for one thing: CASTS and Newman (and Beasts).

If this theory was true then Gurhal CASTS and newmen would be the same species in Coral/Pioneer 2/Ragol, but they are not. CASTS in PSO were barely organic, while they are in PSU, or at least they have a "soul", and newmen in PSO had a very serious illness in their genetic code, they could die at any age without warning, this has nothing to do with newmen and beasts from Gurhal.
    There is stuff revealed in story mode of PSU AOTI that contradict the "official" PSU timeline in the magazine. In Shadow of the Arkguard chapter 3 it is revealed that the humans migrated to Gurhal. I think the timeline is supposed to be the history that the general public knows. Because in the story both Lucaim Nav and Rudolph Luntz say that the history taught to the public of Gurhal is fabricated.

Also CASTs in PSU do not have "souls", thats why in story mode when Karen asks Lou to help deploy the LSS which is controlled by psychic power Lou says "But, I'm a CAST." The only reason CASTs can use technics in PSU is because of the EX Weapon technology (Weapons with interchangeable techniques attached to them) that was being pioneered in PSO. That is also a good reason why no one can cast technics without weapons. The only people you see cast without weapons is the royalty in the Communion of Gurhal who probably continue to practice the old arts as part of their belief system.

The genetic flaws in Newmans were probably fixed with technological advancements leading into PSU. Also in PSU most of the newmans have mixed with humans so those genetic flaws may have been lost when the gene pools mixed. In story mode it does say that most of the newman genetic traits are dominant. The genetic flaws in newmans were probably recessive traits.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

It's pointless to argue with someone so deluded that they think Palmalatin is a real language, so I'm just going to say that nearly everything Zandra is making up is, exactly that, made up. Theories invented to back up theories that back up theories.

There is no official link. Hell, it was said in an interview once that there's no connection between PS and PSO. All there is is the name and the references.

PSU goes even further and has so many cutesy references it's impossible to rationally come up with anything but 'Aww look at all the oldschool references'.

It's fanservice. Nothing more.

Also, Mirei et al are not casting technics unaided. Did you even pay attention to the story? >_> That photon seal they've got isn't for decoration. It's stated that it's used to bind technics so they can be used without carrying around a wand/rod, and that's why only the upper ranks of the C.O.G. are allowed to have them, since it's dangerous otherwise.

But back to the point. There's no link. I really wish people would quit being so desperate for it to be linked.

(And don't get me started on how much Ep3's attempt to retcon Eps 1&2 to be completely pointless makes me rage. Send Endu back to the shitty Zong I R Destined Hero fanfic he belongs in.)

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

Quote Originally Posted by zandra117 View Post
    There is stuff revealed in story mode of PSU AOTI that contradict the "official" PSU timeline in the magazine. In Shadow of the Arkguard chapter 3 it is revealed that the humans migrated to Gurhal. I think the timeline is supposed to be the history that the general public knows. Because in the story both Lucaim Nav and Rudolph Luntz say that the history taught to the public of Gurhal is fabricated.
    And in episode 2 Laia or Tonnio is surprised to "discover" that Beasts were slaves in the past, when in Episode 1 the beast in the central plate talks about it. I don't think it's precisely the "oficial" timeline what is taught in Gurhal schools, but what it's hidden.

Also migration could be thousands of years ago, before the first unification point to be exact, if human kind was the only mammal in the Earth I would also think we are from another planet lol

maybe there are things in the PSU past that dont get put into the timeline because something so bad happend that they try to forget about it

Quote Originally Posted by Nai_Calus View Post
    Also, Mirei et al are not casting technics unaided. Did you even pay attention to the story? >_> That photon seal they've got isn't for decoration. It's stated that it's used to bind technics so they can be used without carrying around a wand/rod, and that's why only the upper ranks of the C.O.G. are allowed to have them, since it's dangerous otherwise.
    The photon seal is only on Karen and Mirei. It doesnt grant them the ability to cast technics. The mark drains technic power from Karen and uses it to boost Mirei's power. Dohgi Mikuna and some of his guards cast technics without a mark or weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nai_Calus View Post
    It's pointless to argue with someone so deluded that they think Palmalatin is a real language.
    Palmalatin isn't a complete language but the words do have literal definitions. No one speaks it in the PS games but it is used for spell names, enemy names, and place names.
    Anyways the quote in my sig is a quote from an old phantasy star themed bbs role play where all the followers of Zio's church would speak palmalatin while in worship.
    Last edited by zandra117; Aug 15, 2008 at 07:09 AM.

Any more theories? I'm finding this interesting. I wonder if there will ever be a day to officially join the two series.... if they ever did even if its not turn based I would buy it right away.

People have been saying Zero might have a connection at the end of the game.

Haven't heard about PSP for PSP having a connection.

I'd love their to be a connection as i'd hate to see the name die off.