Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Who Here Frowns Upon Glitching?

Hello.

I have seen many people on PSU using glitches now. Machine Gun, Teabag, Floating, Inf PP and The Stair Glitch, but I find myself struglling to keep composure now when I see them being used.

At first I was all giddy and wished to learn. I even paid on the demo to learn the Machine Gun glitch, but now their just dull and annoying. My only exception is the Stair Glitch, which I am yet to learn and would love to learn how to use it [Guides Please Lolz]

Anyone else feel the same? Or am I on my own here.
    Used Character;
    Darth Maul, Level 50 Cast Fighgunner [Lvl 5]

Used Pallete;
    Sweet Death 3/9 36% Ice
    Sweet Death 2/8 32% Dark
    Muzzlefever 2/10 | Rapier 7/8 13% Ground
    Twin Varista 3/9

stairs glitch is fun
    the sit down glitch [sit like a boy if your a girl] is cool
    any glitch that kills the game like duping of anykind and machine gun glitch ruin the game for everybody.
    Khanny - Female Cast - Hunter - Fighter - Ship 10 Lv 30

"I kinda do YouTube "

I usually don't care if its minor (stairs/whatever). I couldnt care less about the MG glitch though and I don't approve of it but its not to where I would cry about it but if I'm party leader and you come in glitching I'm gonna have to boot you and thats probly after I jot down your SN.

Well no matter the severity of the glitch, or what portion of the gameplay it hinders, a glitch is a glitch, and if reported, the sole responsibility of the company that created it to decide the action to take against it. You can't necessarily hold other players responsible for their actions, if a company is lukewarm regarding how to respond to it.

Take fighting games, where glitches are very time based, and precise to preform. Many players who can incorporate "glitches" into their gameplay likely win more, and usually become the respected players in the community due to their difficulty to preform. Examples of this are kara throwing in Street Fighter III (moves your sprite closer to the other character when preforming a throw animation for extra range), or roll-cancelling in Capcom vs. SNK2 (gives invincibility frames to special moves).

Players spent time practicing these "glitches" and incorporated them into their gameplan because the companies never put out any official statement or patches to the game to correct them. In time, instead of being dubbed glitches, they became strategies.

SEGA, on the other hand is very "gray-area" about their glitches. While silly little things like a clothing mismatch glitch is worthy of a patch, mechgun glitching goes unnoticed to the point where people almost won a major event by abusing them. They remove the offenders, but install no new patch regarding the issue...so wtf is the player supposed to do?

Before getting into MMO's, my view on games was always "If it's in the game, abuse it." But I see a lot of people in this community are very sensitive to glitches, and I do think some of them give unfair advantages. So I usually just submit a ticket if I find something odd, and leave it at that.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Using the MGG is about as bad as cheating at solitaire. You must TRULY suck at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    Using the MGG is about as bad as cheating at solitaire. You must TRULY suck at this game.
    Hahahahaha, I like it (the quote, that is)! :3

I don't really care for any of the glitches. I avoid using a machine gun because I really don't look at it the same way. The stair and sit down ones don't bother me though.
    Work hard, play harder.

Glitching doring mission = Bad
    Glitching in lobby = Good

Well, it's wrong if the glitch is used to get rares or any other unfair advantage in the game (wrong and sad), but I don't care if it's just a lobby glitch or something. I don't think it's cool or funny, but whatever.
    Last edited by Kylie; Jul 29, 2008 at 06:24 PM.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Quote Originally Posted by chaoskila View Post
    stairs glitch is fun
    the sit down glitch [sit like a boy if your a girl] is cool
    any glitch that kills the game like duping of anykind and machine gun glitch ruin the game for everybody.
    That's it right there.