Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast

Exclamation New Hope for English patch- Tsumikiri reunited

OK so I'm a bit of a programmer and i know a decent amount of Japanese, so playing isn't an issue for me but not everyone knows katakana etc... so i was diddling away at my iso and found out that it is possible to extract the data, inside the iso is 2 .fpb type files which contain all the data for the game. But inside those fpb type files is a psu_data.bz2 file which can easily be decompressed with winrar, once this is done we can begin work on a English patch. So that's what i did yesterday....

**UPDATE**

So i was about to go to sleep when onehandsolo contacted me about the patch, at about 2:30 in the morning.... Now its 6:56. After only that short while, Lets just say
    things are looking really good for a English release....

SO as of 6:57 I'm announcing the formation of

Team Tsumikiri

**UPDATE+**

After the formation of the team i decided to look For more members.

So I took a look for all the translators, and there was lots...
    This community is serious apparently. So i looked around and noticed one
    Guy was there for all you translation needs . So here is the UPDATED

Team Tsumikiri

kenchin <-- Acts cool
    onehandsolo <-- Keeps the Focus
    EspioKaos <-- Helps us talk to japanese girls/women
    modsoul <-- Digital deviant

I won't be going though the forums for a while, I need to study up and do some research,
    If there is something important Please PM me and I'll get back to you.

*UPDATE*

Well i have a stable connection now so i can get back to work...YAY

We also have a new member Please welcome modsoul!!!

Also note that due to school "Production" is SSLLOOWW. But we hope to be done buy january(might be sooner< might be later<<< all depends..).
    Last edited by _kenchin_; Sep 7, 2008 at 03:59 AM. Reason: **Update 09/07/08**

Flash of the Battlefield number313's Avatar

That's awesome! That means it will be easier to understand the menus. It would be great if you can translate all the items. I don't care much for the story. It's just that it's hard to know which photon art is which in the storage

What? we already know what the menus are, the same with the weapons (just look the brand and the rank!!), what would be interesting is the story mode indeed!!

IMO an item translation would be a lot more useful than a story translation... just my opinion though, I really want to know what some of these item descriptions are.

Hey, reading katakana is easy, reading kanjis and understanding sentences is not, I don't think it is "necessary" to translate the items list to enjoy the game if you are not interested in the story <_<

Ok, so we have different opinions, I'm not very interested in the story and you are. Like I said, it's just my opinion...

While I do not own the full game I have played the demo, in my opinion while the storyline would be interesting moreso than items etc starting small in this project would be most wise. Information such as the menus and item names should be quite easy compared to the storyline as time goes on and the small things are finished then would it be best to work on the story.

Flash of the Battlefield number313's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Hey, reading katakana is easy, reading kanjis and understanding sentences is not, I don't think it is "necessary" to translate the items list to enjoy the game if you are not interested in the story <_<
    Not everybody can read katakana. Items translation is much more useful IMO. I can just read a summary of what happened in the story.

like i said it doesn't make a difference to me, i was bored and figured that some needed
    "New Hope" i mean i'm in no rush, if and when it gets done yay!! else(sob...)
    return 0;

Hey, does this mean you can turn your ISO into an Eboot? :X
    PSO2: Daruu / Ship 2
    <3