Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

No it's also true if you play as a human which is more balanced as a race, and also true if you were to do a CAST WT. It is inherent to the class. Only Newmans will inflict more damage with techs because the race provies you with better stats for TP and MST, and they are generally weak at melee.

As a Newman, you would still inflict more tech damage, and less melee damage if you were AT compared to WT.

This is more to the point that I made about WT having to be played differently according to the races. A Beast WT is really great if you put more emphasis on melee and less on magic, Human WT will allow you to strike a really good balance (arguably providing the best WT gameplay), Newman will definitely require more emphasis on techs for damage, and less on melee.

CAVAOUBIEN
    mais... ça va ou bien?

I only want S rank whips and lvl 40 skills (or more ATP), the guntecher bullets is a good example.

Cava and Abashi: Melee is stronger than techs as WT AND AT. Even as a Newman.

I think giving racial S-ranks would be an interesting idea! However, then other class types will have to implement something like this, and how would that work?

The only way to make WT a bit better is to give them Lv40 skills.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    I only want S rank whips and lvl 40 skills (or more ATP), the guntecher bullets is a good example.
    Except GT is 10/40/30/30 while WT is 30/20/30/30. You give up the 10 skill levels for more bullet levels which makes you alot more versatile (though melee on a GT is a joke so it probably shouldn't even be considered). Being so versatile means you have to give up greater strength in things, other wise it'd be badly broken.

Wartecher in our servers still has support at lvl 20, I think, and I would sacrifice attack technics for Skills in the Wartecher (since attack technics are only worth as Fortetecher and Masterforce, in my opinion).

I also play as guntecher and I don't care a s*** about S-rank wands and lvl 30 attack technics, for me it is a support class with buffs and status effect. The same character is Acrotecher for only support.

landman, I disagree on the use of techs with WT. The privilege of hybrid Melee/Tech classes is that you can be smart about how you defeat an enemy. Monsters that are resistant to melee or bullets will usually go down with techs, even with the nerfed techs of a WT.

For a Human WT you can actually inflict reasonable damage with techs, and sometimes MORE damage than with melee depending on the monsters.

Example which come to mind: robots, Polavoras, the Mosquitos (or bees) all will go down MUCH faster if you bombard thems with lvl 30 techs than with lvl 30 melee.

This is what I love about WT. It is NOT about making the BIGGEST NUMBAZ with ONE set of skills, bullets or techs, it is about adapting your gameplay according to the monsters and team players. If you play WT exclusively with melee, you are missing something about the gameplay.

lvl 30 support will make a HUGE difference, but I would have loved to get lvl 30 accross the board, including bullets. Who knows, perhaps it will eventually come in the future... I'm already happy with the perspective of lvl 30 support coming with the release of master classes.

CAVAOUBIEN
    mais... ça va ou bien?

Quote Originally Posted by Soukosa View Post
    Except GT is 10/40/30/30 while WT is 30/20/30/30. You give up the 10 skill levels for more bullet levels which makes you alot more versatile (though melee on a GT is a joke so it probably shouldn't even be considered). Being so versatile means you have to give up greater strength in things, other wise it'd be badly broken.
    And yet, if WT had Lv40 skills, it would remain where it is in strength compared to all the other classes (below FF/FG/FI/GT/AF/PT, above AT/FT), except it'd be worth using.

The same can be said about GT getting Lv20 skills, though, which they also should have.

I'm in agreement with Keg for once in my life.

Out of interest how good is WT's ranged damage in comparison to fF and fT?