Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

WT gained a lot by getting lv20 bullets, having relatively good ATP and 3-blade card shots makes them pretty good for damage.

I don't think WT needs more S-ranks... there are A-rank swords and twin sabers with stats on par with S-ranks. There's nothing for spears, but I don't see a lot of people running around with more than Muktrands right now considering that the 10* isn't at a big advantage for power, and the 11* is lightning only.

Just be smart about equipment and you'll be fine.

Actually, I'd like to see humans and newmans able to equip all Crea weapons regardless of class.
    With S-rank versions coming up that would be a pretty big advantage for most WT's... S-rank swords and twin sabers on a job with no access normally and high enough PA levels to use full combos.
    Last edited by panzer_unit; Aug 5, 2008 at 02:24 PM.

Agreed that WT gained a lot from lv20 bullets, but I'm wondering how it stacks up against the two weakest ranged classes though.
    A lot of people seems to see having lvl20 bullets as a good reason not to give WT lvl40 skills ... and I don't buy it ... at all.
    At class lvl20 a fF has 53% more atp and 14% more ata so I'm thinking they most likely will be able to keep up with a WT's card damage with a pistol, at the very least. I'm guessing we're ahead of fT, but by how much? 50 more a card bullet? 100 more a card bullet?
    I just don't see being the 3rd worst ranger as such a huge advantage that warrants gimping our main source source of damage in just about every conceivable way
    (relatively low PA cap, relatively low ATP, relatively low ATA).

Quote Originally Posted by mll View Post
    Agreed that WT gained a lot from lv20 bullets, but I'm wondering how it stacks up against the two weakest ranged classes though.
    A lot of people seems to see having lvl20 bullets as a good reason not to give WT lvl40 skills ... and I don't buy it ... at all.
    At class lvl20 a fF has 53% more atp and 14% more ata so I'm thinking they most likely will be able to keep up with a WT's card damage with a pistol, at the very least. I'm guessing we're ahead of fT, but by how much? 50 more a card bullet? 100 more a card bullet?
    I just don't see being the 3rd worst ranger as such a huge advantage that warrants gimping our main source source of damage in just about every conceivable way
    (relatively low PA cap, relatively low ATP, relatively low ATA).
    I think handguns fire twice per swing of cards, so a WT with cards should come out at least equal with a fortefighter using a handgun.

For me the argument against WT getting lv40 skills is that their offensive techs would have to go up as well, or become even more marginal than they are already... and lv40 techs would take too much 'special' away from FT. Hopefully after master types have been out for a while and everyone's forgotten poor old WT the class will get a 40/20/40/30 skill upgrade. It'll still be obsolete, but it'll be a pretty awesome for an obsolete class.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

I think Attack techs are kind of a separate issue really. For any of the hybrid classes to get much use out of them they'd probably need to give them a lv50 pa cap, I think it's pretty safe to say that's never going to happen
    I'd just like WT to become a reasonably useful class.

I dunno, offensive techs have their place... Gi are great against interrupt-heavy nemies who won't let you get a good PA in, linear and ra-techs can deal significant damage compared to any other fighter-class using guns. They might not be the bread and butter of your offense, but they at least come in somewhere along the lines of jam or mayonnaise.

Jam and mayonnaise, lol.
    Yeah they have a lot of use in terms of utility (probably the best form of attack for flinching) but their damage is poor,
    Really if you look at wartecher they have the same tp mod as their atp mod, same level cap, similar weapon selection on both sides (no doublesaber / axe and no rod).
    On paper we seem set up equally well for either but in practice our melee is doing twice the damage.
    ST quite blatantly realises that techs aren't doing as much damage as they should be, they wouldn't have given fT's the rod boost if they didn't.
    I think they just need to give a big boost on the tp mod of all the techs, something similar to the att % boost on melee pa's at the start of AoI.

Quote Originally Posted by mll View Post
    Jam and mayonnaise, lol.
    Yeah they have a lot of use in terms of utility (probably the best form of attack for flinching) but their damage is poor,
    Really if you look at wartecher they have the same tp mod as their atp mod, same level cap, similar weapon selection on both sides (no doublesaber / axe and no rod).
    On paper we seem set up equally well for either but in practice our melee is doing twice the damage.
    ST quite blatantly realises that techs aren't doing as much damage as they should be, they wouldn't have given fT's the rod boost if they didn't.
    I think they just need to give a big boost on the tp mod of all the techs, something similar to the att % boost on melee pa's at the start of AoI.
    I thought the rod boost was more about making Rod a usable weapon compared to TCSM.

Look at Fighgunner, they get respectable stats, bullet levels, and firearms... their gun damage is nowhere close to their melee, but sometimes its just more convenient to whip out a gun and take stuff down from far away. I sort of see WT attack techs like that, except for Newmans whos stats have them dealing comparable amounts of damage between melee and tech.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

I agree with what sega's doing by giving WT lvl.30 Support instead of increasing bullets or skill lvls.
    Kill me, I know, I didn't pick lvl.40 Skills.
    If they get lvl.40 skills I doubt anyone would use their Attack Technics anymore. Especially seeing how GT surpassed WT TP and will soon have lvl.30 Attack Techs themselves.

A figh's gun damage does more damage against melee resistant enemies than their melee (unlike a wartechers techs). It's stronger than a fF using melee against melee resistant enemies too, so in that sense I think it does its job.
    Newmans are in the same boat as all the other races for wartecher, their melee does way more damage than their techs. Even in v1 before just attack, dus majarra and all the other random melee buffs they got more use from their melee.
    You might be right about the rod boost and they just did their usual overkill trying to balance it, but rods are a good bit stronger than the alternative teching weapons at this stage.
    Techs are just about usable (by virtue of utility alone their damage is awful) but when I'm using them its because I've gone out of my way to find an excuse for using them (i.e the extra flinching I'm providing will push the rest of the groups damage up making up for the drop in my damage from not using melee).
    But its an excuse, if i was being honest with myself I know the enemies would be killed faster using melee.