Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Resident Evil Outbreak. I guess I was wrong.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

yeah, my PC wouldn't be able to handle it, either.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 characters:

Kinako-Level 76 Female Human Force
    Koji-Level 64 Male Beast Hunter
    Rinia-Level 15 Female CAST Ranger
    Nova-Level 7 Female Newman Hunter

I was on PS2 before PC too and I never really had an issue. Only thing I can think of is the graphics on the PS2 aren't as pretty and there's a small amount of slowdown when you have more than one Bil De vear on the screen. Oh, and the buffering between lobbies taking a tiny bit longer.

Otherwise, I see no real issue.

I hated playing the PS2 version, but that was mostly because between our disk being messed up and the PS2 being old...It made playing on the PS2 unbearable (freezing at random, not being able to go to "my room"), after a lot of thought I went ahead and got the PC version. Have not had a single problem with this game since. ;D

not to sound harsh with this but i hate it because sega has to lower the potential of the 360.pc version because the ps2 is crappy and cant handle the power

Most PS2 players seem to only able to handle having a party of 4. Anything beyond that and things get laggy and slowdown happens. High level spells also affect PS2 players. In the JP servers, PS2 players make sure their party is limited to 4 players only to avoid slowdown.

Another reason why people are cynical with the PS2 is because it is holding back any potential expansion. The AoTI disk is filled up and there's only so much they can do to try and free up more space to add more new content. I do not doubt that the reason for the PSP game is to hold out of making an expansion longer, so the PS3 will get a price drop and letting fans have less of an excuse not to buy one, and they can develop a much better expansion with more content.

I like the PS2. It kept me entertained for years and there are still games coming out I wanna get. But there is no doubt the fact is, the PS2 does not have a hard drive, and its system specs are nowhere near a good PC and a 360, and they really don't have room left for new content. I have no doubt Sega realised they have to upgrade or face the fact that we can never get new content due to lack of DVD disk space.

due to the two statements my ps2 can actaully handle parties of 6 people in the game but i wasent talking about the system in gerneral i was talking about the game.however yes i agree that the ps2 is old but having them leave the system from futue expandsions(sorry for bad spelling) now dosent seem right. also, if i had to choose between the 360 and PC ver, i'd get the 360 beacuse it wont cost me hundreds of dallors on hardware just to play a game. (any game really)

Hey, its not like they would have any choice. The disk is full and the PS2 does not have an HD nor can it support a bigger DVD like Blueray. Its not a matter of right or wrong, but a matter of what the PS2 can and cannot do. Of course its bad idea to alienate the PS2 community, but then the consequence is that there is no way for new content to ever come to any server if they decided to make sure all servers can access the same content.

So far I have seen all sides of the argument, yet no one on the PS2 side can provide a possible solution to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by soubrette View Post
    @Kylie!: Oh, what is REO? :3 Another MMO? If so, I don't think I've played it, since my MMO experience is limited to PSU and PSO. I have a crap PC as well, haha! XD My PC would explode trying to handle PSU, that's for sure! I also don't have space where I am to give myself a really cool setup , like RobTrance here. So for me, it's PS2 or nothing, and I'll gladly take my PS2, faults and all. Even if I had the option to do it on PC, I'd still pick PS2 because of the comfort factor. :3 I totally know how you feel.

And yes, I can't wait for PS3! The load times will be amazing. X'D
    Now I just have to worry about affording one...
    The loading time difference between the PS2 and PS3 are not that different. I tried it on my systems and the PS3 was only slightly better..

The disk is full? Where did you get that information from? How do you know this?
    Sorry to be doubtful, but that's the first I've heard of such information.

From what I have heard, FFXI has managed to squeeze a lot more stuff onto their disks. Also, wasn't PSU originally developed for PS2? So I really doubt PS2 is holding the other systems back that much, if that was the system the creators intended the game to be played on. From what I've heard, the majority of the JP server plays on PS2; but I'm just repeating what I've heard, so no idea if I am correct here or not. xD I'm not some crazy PSU nerd who really knows/cares about all this stuff - just throwing some thoughts out there. If I'm wrong about these facts, throw this post out of consideration!

One thing though: I just find it odd that the PC users complain more about PS2 and it's problems than the people who actually play on PS2.

Also, at Kairi, since when is it the PS2 user's job to come up with a solution to the PS2's problems with PSU? I'd say that'd be a problem for the developers. Also, it's not even the system that's the problem when it comes to lag, it's mainly faulty programming made by the people who created the game. xD I don't see how the players are at fault, that's all.
    Last edited by Sidney; Aug 2, 2008 at 09:34 PM.