Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by soubrette View Post
    The disk is full? Where did you get that information from? How do you know this?
    Sorry to be doubtful, but that's the first I've heard of such information.

From what I have heard, FFXI has managed to squeeze a lot more stuff onto their disks. Also, wasn't PSU originally developed for PS2? So I really doubt PS2 is holding the other systems back that much, if that was the system the creators intended the game to be played on. From what I've heard, the majority of the JP server plays on PS2; but I'm just repeating what I've heard, so no idea if I am correct here or not. xD I'm not some crazy PSU nerd who really knows/cares about all this stuff - just throwing some thoughts out there. If I'm wrong about these facts, throw this post out of consideration!

One thing though: I just find it odd that the PC users complain more about PS2 and it's problems than the people who actually play on PS2.

Also, at Kairi, since when is it the PS2 user's job to come up with a solution to the PS2's problems with PSU? I'd say that'd be a problem for the developers. Also, it's not even the system that's the problem when it comes to lag, it's mainly faulty programming made by the people who created the game. xD I don't see how the players are at fault, that's all.
    Yeah PSU was originally made for the ps2 before it was on any other systems so i dont see hows its holding back on content when we almost bassically get the same stuff and i also agree with your FFXI statement theres lots of content in that game and the expasions are good for those who like it and such so im glad that i got a few people that agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by soubrette View Post

From what I have heard, FFXI has managed to squeeze a lot more stuff onto their disks. Also, wasn't PSU originally developed for PS2? So I really doubt PS2 is holding the other systems back that much, if that was the system the creators intended the game to be played on. From what I've heard, the majority of the JP server plays on PS2; but I'm just repeating what I've heard, so no idea if I am correct here or not. xD I'm not some crazy PSU nerd who really knows/cares about all this stuff - just throwing some thoughts out there. If I'm wrong about these facts, throw this post out of consideration!
    FFXI can release a ton of shit because the game requires the expansions to be installed to the HDD addon. PSU was likely intended to function in a similar manner till Sony said fuck it, made the PS2 slim without HDD support and left the addon to die a slow death used almost exclusively by FFXI idiots fans. So Sega can't go around making a game requiring a peripheral that's no longer being made/supported and you get the mess we have now.

As it is, you last-gen heathens are holding the glorious Promised Land PC users back from 16x AA and 2560x1600 resolution and lvl 50 tech graphics, so boo to you.

^ Huh? xD The only part I got from that was the 'Level 50 tech' bit. I do not speak nerd/techie, sadly. (I turn my PC on, and that's where my expertise ends. xD)

I say 'boo' to the PC elitists, who put people down because of a silly thing like what console they play on. If they want those special features, then they should go play a PC only MMO. Don't play a MMO that shares servers with a PS2 if they want that stuff and then complain about it. I guess there are limitations that go along with sharing the servers with PS2, which they will just have to accept. This game was made for PS2, and there's nothing we can do to change it at this moment in time, so complaining really gets us nowhere, you know? n_n;; *happy heathen dance* Also, this rant wasn't necessarily directed at you, but moreso about the more extreme PC bawwers. I lulz'd at the Promised Land bit!

Besides, SoJ said there wouldn't be another expansion anyway, so there's no need to fret. (I think! Unless they have some kind of trick up their sleeve~!)
    Last edited by Sidney; Aug 3, 2008 at 02:42 AM.

I dont play on PS2, and don't despise people for playing on it if that is their only option. I just hate that they decided to put it on ps2, rather than wait to do ps3 or not at all for a sony system. So myself and other 360 players have to play a ported ps2 game, that was originally limited by ps2 specifications.

Quote Originally Posted by aozora View Post
    The loading time difference between the PS2 and PS3 are not that different. I tried it on my systems and the PS3 was only slightly better..
    For the record, I wasn't talking about PS2 PSU compared to PS3 PSU.

I know there's little or no difference for that.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

^ I was mainly hoping fighting games and the such would load faster! My Soul Calibur II takes forever and a half to load when I pick a char. D:

Better using a PS2 than not playing at all eh? :/
    Waiting for Phantasy Star Online 2.~

Quote Originally Posted by Kizeragi View Post
    Better using a PS2 than not playing at all eh? :/
    yeah lol...at first when i got PSU for PS2 i didn't mind times. since i never played a techer or a Fighter, but i chose to play them there i staretd to get annoyed by it.

But still i did play...since it was fun

Needs less crying because someone is saying the system you play is flawed for this game and more intelligent conversation.

I played on PS2 after playing on PC and it was the worst experience with the game. here were my pros & cons;

Pros:
    * No need to buy an extra controller or an adaptor for a controller.
    * Picks up any USB keyboard.
    * Has the correct voices for AotI, unlike PC where a lot are missing.

Cons:
    * Tiny resolution, UI covers most of the screen.
    * Long load time between maps.
    * Initial 5 second load of characters.
    * 5 second load times of weapons. You are unable to change weapon while a weapon is loading.
    * High level techs cause massive slowdown
    * Partying with a full party causes slowdown.

The game was made before the PS3 was out, however it was quickly ported to 360 before release, so why couldn't ST have just moved development to PS3 before it came out? Could have saved us in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by JubeiSaotome View Post
    Needs less crying because someone is saying the system you play is flawed for this game and more intelligent conversation.

I played on PS2 after playing on PC and it was the worst experience with the game. here were my pros & cons;

Pros:
    * No need to buy an extra controller or an adaptor for a controller.
    * Picks up any USB keyboard.
    * Has the correct voices for AotI, unlike PC where a lot are missing.

Cons:
    * Tiny resolution, UI covers most of the screen.
    * Long load time between maps.
    * Initial 5 second load of characters.
    * 5 second load times of weapons. You are unable to change weapon while a weapon is loading.
    * High level techs cause massive slowdown
    * Partying with a full party causes slowdown.

The game was made before the PS3 was out, however it was quickly ported to 360 before release, so why couldn't ST have just moved development to PS3 before it came out? Could have saved us in the long run.
    Like i said, sometimes i dont have those problems at all except for the load times on some boss fights. somehow i can party with 6 people without getting huge amounts of lag but yeah the spells.