Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Yep, everyone saying that Forces were awesome in PSO never made it to Ult... They were USELESS on Ult. You job was to buff/heal and get out of the way. Oh, and try not to get 1 hit KOed by Falz's critical.

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    Yep, everyone saying that Forces were awesome in PSO never made it to Ult... They were USELESS on Ult. You job was to buff/heal and get out of the way. Oh, and try not to get 1 hit KOed by Falz's critical.
    Falz? A force making it that far has my respect.

That's a good point, soloing as a force on Ultimate Ruins was a no go for me (but I never made it to 200, I guess 168 was my max. lvl.), but I only played in groups anyway. But soloing S2 as a techer in PSU isn't any good either (except SW).

Still forces were much easier to handle in PSO due to the auto aim.

PSO v2 damage formula > the rest of PSU for difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre_o View Post
    Ever seen a team of 4 Forces with lv 30 Rafoie in PSO? Ever seen the enemies they leave behind? No. It's because they leave nothing at all. Not even dust. Nuking enemies was the bane of Hunters in PSO.
    Must have been a different PSO to the one I played, because Forces were terrible offensively online. Aside from being Restabags and trying to melee (oh, and maybe Megid the occasional minor enemy) they weren't worth using as attacking characters in Ultimate. Hunters meanwhile, just like PSU mowed everything down without trying. FO wasn't bad in Normal/Hard/Very Hard, but totally useless as an attacker in Ult.

Offline they weren't too bad (still owned by Hunters though) but online they were terrible. I think it's because enemy tech resistances were very high online, making Forces (particularly the ones who couldn't melee well like FOnewearl) useless as an offensive weapon.

The same has carried into PSU (aside from monster resists), so Forces do decent damage now, but are still left standing by Hunters and Rangers.
    Last edited by Neith; Aug 15, 2008 at 08:19 AM.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

i dunno why everyone is sayign forces were usless on ultimate in pso.

i personally played fonewerl. (the class with lowest def and hp). im level 156 if i remember right and i could solo the whole of ultimate easily including falz. well the last part of falz was a challenge but thats it.
    oh and btw. in pso i never used buffs/debuff. i only liked attack spells :/

i can safely say i can solo any level of ultimate with ease in pso but 1 level. that being the seabed.
    those big blue and red things still kill me easily. cant remember name but i think its somethign like sinow zola

i didnt have the opertunity of online play those days. i was offline all the way.
    Last edited by fay; Aug 15, 2008 at 08:29 AM.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Sure, it wasn't hard but a RAcast could do it about 100x faster, and any of the Hunter variety could do it even faster than that.

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    Sure, it wasn't hard but a RAcast could do it about 100x faster, and any of the Hunter variety could do it even faster than that.
    You mean like a Hucast with Charge Mechguns that has a shitload of ATA %?
    Seemed to be very popular last time i were on the unmentioned server.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Quote Originally Posted by Para View Post
    PSO v2 damage formula > the rest of PSU for difficulty.
    Nothing like doing a max of like, 40 damage with max MST on your force with level 30 Rafoie.

i remember force being extremely good in psobb. FOnewearl was the best char overall. only some parts of ep4 gave us trouble, otherwise we totally slaughtered the monsters very fast. for those of you complaining about forces being weak, did you know all the monster element weaknesses and take full advantage of tech boosting items?

pso was a lot easier for forces compared to psu. even soloing dark falz on multimode ultimate as a a lv 81 fonewearl was doable w/o any deaths if you were good enough. having good gear in pso really made a huge difference both for offense and defense.
    Quit PSO2