Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking suprised by good party etiquette at Phantom Fissure

So we get PF and the leader says "leave everything on the ground and we will pick it up at the end"

i'm skeptical at this point

then when we are done we go back through and pick up all the rares

i suppose i'm cynical for thinking that he would boot us all after the final room

anyway, well done sir. I tip my hat to you

good to see that not all XBOX random parties are selfish blackholes preparing to suck in what meager bit of sanity I still have

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

Did the leader have rares set "in order"?

Did anything "good" drop?

There are still some honorable people in game, still hate playing with more then 1-2 randoms if possible, but then the past few days I've added a few of them to my friends list because their teamwork rocked.
    Make Em Bleed!!

Character info (trial phase): http://psupedia.info/User:RahXephon

http://digitaldelights.tumblr.com/

I wouldn't like that either, but you can find decent people in 02. So, yeah..

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

yes "set in order"

drops i can remember x3 gudda hon (down to <50k now), rabol lumirus (down to 700k now) and a Halarod. nothing very good, but he did not pause to look for the red / knight before picking up the final box drops, which is what i would expect if he was planning debuachery

anyhow, the hunt for R / K continues..

not only was he a decent guy but he was 70000+, so fairly new and still not a douchbag

suprise!

I'm still one of the few people I know who continues to use set in order no matter what. If it's a group of people who don't want specific items ie: vulcaline and so forth I'll politely ask them to not pick it up. If someone in my regular group is stocking up on items I'll give them away at the end.

Even with set in order sometimes screwing people over in my experience more people get shafted by random IMO
    Make Em Bleed!!

Character info (trial phase): http://psupedia.info/User:RahXephon

http://digitaldelights.tumblr.com/

Yeah, had similar experiences on PC/PS2 over the weekend. Quite a few good random parties out there doing GBR tours. We even hit fissures a few times with very minimal item calling (if any). So overall I was pretty happy. Didn't land anything special, but a couple hon and double agito boards. Was very impressed by the teamwork of quite a few people that I ran with, as it seems most people will do 1 cycle (of all 5 missions) before leaving a party.

I think we need more game situations like this. Not necessarily ones that boost drop rates or whatever, but missions that encourage players to play a set of games with a team instead of a 10-15 minute run and then leave. The Neudiaz GBR seems to promote good teamwork and player behavior, and I'm all for seeing future missions or events being in sequential sets like this. The missions are a good visual variety and have a good mix of monsters to keep players going at it, and the new drops, GBR bonus and PF are all just icing on the cake. Maybe future "mission spotlights" or such can evolve to such a format to get more players interested and promote good teamwork, while meeting new players. Who knows.

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

What was the point of "set in order" if nothing was picked up until the end? What a waste of time to have to go back and pick them up. I bet if a Red/Knight were in those end boxes, you would've had a different outlook on this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO22000 View Post
    What was the point of "set in order" if nothing was picked up until the end? What a waste of time to have to go back and pick them up. I bet if a Red/Knight were in those end boxes, you would've had a different outlook on this guy.
    Yeah, while I stand by my post that I had some good games this weekend, the initial post still seems like a scam. Everything could have just as easily been picked up along the way, in order, with even distribution. Unless they were only picking up certain items to be distributed...well even then, the unwanted drops could have been called from the start and avoided.

This comes across as a "lol nobody picks anything up then I get my red / knight on first drop, then everyone else picks up carp and they're happy" scam. I would try to avoid people calling silly rules like that in the future, as you may get burned by it instead of coming out ahead.

Eh.

This honestly wouldn't be a problem if more people had good common sense. And, yeah know, weren't greedy on a video game.

But yes, congratulations you, for getting a decent party. It's a rare thing on 360, I would know. It's the reason why I quit the 360 version.