Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Numans.

I don't care if Sonic Team is trying to turn them into frilly tree-smoking space elves. I don't care if the ST devs continue to do drugs and in the next PS game, turn Numans into ten-hp, no-combat, basketweaving hippies. I'll be there, wielding claws for the glory of Rika and Nei.

Because every time you play a Numan without claws, the Profound Darkness kills a kitten. Won't somebody think of the kittens?

...Also I'm old and bitter and yell at beasts to get off my lawn all the time, and thus don't have time for a 'traditional' MMOG. Nowadays I like games where I can leave for a while, come back, and not have to take three months off of work just to play catch up. Casual games FTW.

Due to I have this false optimism that some day SEGA will give us pvp, something ive been wanting so bad for an online action game that no other action game has or ever had thats like PSU except PSO (which isnt at all close to PSO but like it), it could all work out if they tried it, re-balancing everything doesnt sound that much big of a deal if its gonna make them more money (players that want something to do, this is a good reason, i could see it bringing players bakc, i mean reasons why most ive seen quit was because they were tired of fighting the same cycle every time like RL which is totally boring).

What I mean is, like you say, when you have everything, thats it, you have everything and now there is nothing to do like every other rpg, even though it could gain longevity if they just gave it more flexibility, a reason to get all these things, not to feel like youve accomplished everything (you dont really accomplish anything constructive in a game anyway) but for any reason you feel like your doing this for (fighting rivals could be an edition to accomplishing things like having the most meseta to being having the most powerful characters in the game). Feeling like youve accomplished everything is a reason though.

Im not ranging it all to just pvp, thats just what i want to see, but anything like a PA maker (add given moves into your own custom PA or something like Tenchi No Mon) would be cool as well. So incase something like that ever happens, is why im still playing.

Until then, my PSU game time is mad low, and RL is more fun atm, back then when PSO was out all my friends played it when i showed it to them, now that stuff like this endless flow of shooters that for some reason they wont stop playing to like mostly 360 games, nobody likes this kind of game these days (which isnt hard to understand in a way but on the other hand i like customization and Star Ocean which sort of equals this but much whacker however the online makes up for that, well etleast until Star Ocean IV comes out that is).
    Last edited by cookie_party; Sep 7, 2008 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juza View Post
    Numans.

I don't care if Sonic Team is trying to turn them into frilly tree-smoking space elves. I don't care if the ST devs continue to do drugs and in the next PS game, turn Numans into ten-hp, no-combat, basketweaving hippies. I'll be there, wielding claws for the glory of Rika and Nei.

Because every time you play a Numan without claws, the Profound Darkness kills a kitten. Won't somebody think of the kittens?
    I like you. Can we be friends?
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 characters:

Kinako-Level 76 Female Human Force
    Koji-Level 64 Male Beast Hunter
    Rinia-Level 15 Female CAST Ranger
    Nova-Level 7 Female Newman Hunter

Numans.

...Also I'm old and bitter and yell at beasts to get off my lawn all the time, and thus don't have time for a 'traditional' MMOG. Nowadays I like games where I can leave for a while, come back, and not have to take three months off of work just to play catch up. Casual games FTW.
    This, too. All of it.

Numans.

VOTE THIS MAN INTO OFFICE!!

This is the only game I play. ( i do have pso but that's the past till PSU came out ) but 100% mostly play PSU other than my games that I have on me. I have Halo 3. but if you see me online with halo 3 or other games that's not me playing it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by cel View Post
    Do you realize how petty and insignificant that is, especially in the long run of your life?
    Not just digital possesions but physical ones too.

I'd play it for the friends, thats what happened in PSO but I just started up again on a different server so the number of my friends is low low low.

It sadly is no longer a harder class game but more casual now. It still has high goals to acheive and it is slightly nice to not have to skip work somedays to play it, but I do wish for challenge to come back into the game.

It's still addiciting and fun. Sad to see it so low in popluation right now, but I blame no one for I know how badly Sega runs it here for us.

Quote Originally Posted by RegulusHikari View Post
    You show me an online sci-fi action RPG with a fast paced combat system and casual "grind" other than Phantasy Star and I will be more inclined to stop playing this game.

First and foremost I play this game for fun. I enjoy the combat system, the character customization, and the cool weapons, but all of that is just icing on the cake...
    THIS. My roommate plays WoW, and occasionally attempts to get me interested.

I'm an avid sci-fi guy - playing a traditional fantasy MMO would drive me bug f-ing crazy.
    Hell, I'm a tabletop RPG gamer, and I'm usually very reluctant to play a game that has a 'lower' tech level than that of the real world.

How many games, on-line or no, allow one to play true androids/robots? Damn few.
    This is one of those few.

Finally, I kinda like the backstory that the world's infrastructure has been using photon-based tech for soooo long, that they literally don't understand what a toaster or a metal-bladed weapon would be good for. That implies a certain... style that I like.

Its simple I love this game. Since I got like 2 capped chars, a lvl 124 gunner and a lvl 66 fightgunner i still got plenty to do here. So ya im hooked on this game.