View Poll Results: Did you find this post interesting and/or helpful?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

0 0%
  • No.

2 66.67%
  • I smell Like Elderberries.

1 33.33%

Default PSO-World, Possible updates?

PSO-World is a great site, but nothing is perfect, with that said, id just like to state a few suggestions that i think would be beneficial for PSO-World to consider.

1) Phantasy Star Universe is an amazing game for many reasons, but mostly for its reputation of constant updates and events. It is very hard for gamers to keep on top of all the updates. If PSO-World would release a program that would send a text message or an instant message to you daily with upcoming events and rumors. that would be my first update suggestion for PSO-World.

2) Halo 3, Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare all have three things in common that Phantasy Star Universe is seriously lacking, online synchronization. In Halo 3, you can review your games, medals and even screenshots that you take in the game. With Guitar Hero 3, you can update your stats online and form online bands and score points. So the question is, if a first person shooter and music game did it, why wouldn't a complex RPG that is constantly changing and interacting with the players have these same options? If PSO-World would put together a system that could update you on your stats, items, runs, meseta and weapons, that would be the icing on the cake for Phantasy Star Universe and PSO-World alike.

3) (This suggestion is kind of feeding off of the latter) Lots of events are run on Phantasy Star Universe, Max Attack G, 1up Cup and GBR Boost Road. people are always trying to get on top and come in first, time attack, meseta and rare item earnings etc. but its not easy to know if you're in the lead or not. I think that there should be a live counter on the front page letting ppl know how well they are doing and how far they are from the win.

Well, that's all I have for now, please let me know what you think and if i can come up with anything else, I'll post it right away. Thanks -Likwid.

1. The site now offers RSS functions for several of its sections. It is fairly easy to setup your phone/gadget to retrieve them on a periodic basis.

2 and 3. Those are great ideas, but there are several barriers to implementing them. Sega hasn't offered any APIs or methods for retrieving in-game data. We are able to pull some XML feeds during events, but that is pretty much it.

To bad none of the updates involves PSO

Elderberries! [/Alkhem-Sy]