Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by beatrixkiddo View Post
    Yes. Well, HAnewm technically... not sure why they did that.

HUcaseal is "hyu-cashi-ru" in katakana. HUmar is "hyu-ma-". HUnewm(HAnewm?) is "hanyu-mu".

SO, it's either an odd typo, or there's something unique about him that doesn't make him exactly a HUnter. Might be a combo between Hunter and Ranger? No clue D:
    They'll probably change the pronunciation when it gets translated though regardless of any purposeful intent the original pronunciation may have had.

I'm not getting my hopes up. Sega has had a shitty track record as of recently and I really doubtful on their ability to deliver. They seem to have developed an incredible ability of turning something that is promising into shit.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Heavy Battle Virtuaroid VR-Raiden's Avatar

^painful, but true >_<

Anyone have the article translated yet?

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AC9breaker View Post
    I'm not getting my hopes up. Sega has had a shitty track record as of recently and I really doubtful on their ability to deliver. They seem to have developed an incredible ability of turning something that is promising into shit.
    More recently, it looks like they're at least trying to clean up their act.

Also, I think the characters were "chibi" mainly because if they're smaller, it's lees detail they have to do.

Good thing I bought a DS and a psp. There have been a lot of crappy DS games lately but thank god something good is coming to the DS. I would still prefer a PSO remake for the 360, but this is good enough for now. I'm not a fan of DS graphics though, can the pure epicness of a PSO game make me forget about horrible DS graphics? I wonder
    I quit youtube and PSO-World, bye guys

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

They seemed to do okay for the 6-7 years they had the servers up. :/ (Despite the hacking of course.)

Anyways, I'm anticipating this. Want to see more before I decide though.

Quote Originally Posted by AC9breaker View Post
    Truth be here.

Until I see some positive things about it after release, I shall not taint my DS with a SEGA game.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

I won't format my translation like the article, but I'm sure you guys won't mind that much. So, here are the main bullet points of it. (Minus the staff thing since that was already covered very nicely.) A few of these points have already been covered, but I'll list them again since I'm copy-pasting this from what I posted at PSUPedia and a second mention couldn't hurt (that much).

* NeoGAF's assumption of this being a new part of the PSO series is a bit off. I guess it can't really be confirmed one way or the other, but all the article says is that ZERO is an entirely new game that "borrows heavily from PSO." No mention at all of a direct connection to PSO (as in a sequel or prequel).
    * There will be a single-player story mode.
    * The game will support up to four players both online (via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection) and through local area connections.
    * Visual chat is basically an in-game version of Pictochat. (In fact, it's actually called "Pictochat" in the screenshots.)
    * Your chat options include "chat" for writing out text and "symbol" for drawing pictures. (It's not confirmed, but I assume you'll be able to save a certain number of your drawings as shortcuts. After putting as much time into them as some of the examples show, I'd hope so.)
    * Chat can be used in the fields and in lobbies. It appears that lobby actions will also return (notice HUmar dude jumping with his right finger in the air in the city picture).
    * Three fields have been named: Glaceas Ravine, Riou Snowfield and Ozett Swamp.
    * One boss was revealed, a dragon known as Rayburn.
    * New features will be added to the battle system, one of which is a chain system. No details are given, however.
    * The bottom screen will display your HP and PP (I assume this works just like TP did in PSO), action pallet (it appears that the R button will swap to a second pallet), map, chat options and your teammates' HP. You can press the start button to access the menu, and there's also your little connection strength indicator for online/wireless play.
    * Scheduled to be released in Japan some time this winter.

There is no mention of how it connects to previous Phantasy Star titles. No mention of what star system it takes place in of what planet(s) it takes place on. Character creation is alluded to, but only by a hysterical ("Will you be able to create your own character as the hero!?") screenshot comment.

Funny, because about a week ago me and a group of friends were talking on our Vent server how PSU works on the PSP, but that a more "PSO oriented" PS game would be cool and would work on the DS.
    Lo and behold, apparently Sonic Team agrees!

Even if Phantasy Star ZERO is unrelated to PSO, another PS game is always welcome and I'll definitely buy it no matter what (I'm a PS game collector), and like some said, being "ZERO" does give the hint that it's a possible prequel to something (maybe Coral, pre-Ragol PSO, like many have said, that'd be cool).

Looking forward to it, will go along well with Phantasy Star Portable.

Edit: And thanks, Espio! You posted while I was posting.