Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast

nice one Kiddo! that was a sweet setup.

Corruption detected in trainer card

I woke up and found myself in this place. SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE HELL AM I?!

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    I've never understood this idea that Wind Waker was somehow unsuccessful both critically and sales-wise. Pretty much the only people who were unhappy with it were forum trolls. Ah well.[/tangent]

I dunno. Do they really look like PSU characters? I'm not terribly familiar with the game, and I mean, I see that PSZero has clothing in the costumes instead of the bizarre puffy (but neat-looking) costumes of PSO, but I don't know. The more I see of this, the less like a Phantasy Star game it looks and the more it looks like Star Ocean or one of those other fantasy/sci-fi mash-up RPGs. The character designs themselves seem all over the place. The Casts and the HUnewm both look right out of PSO, but the others look more Tales of Symphonia than anything else.

It's funny, I remember when PSU came out, I (and I think some others) couldn't help but comment on how generic the art style for that game looked and now the whole thing seems to be repeating itself.

I want to see the game more, obviously. Just wanted to put my thoughts down a bit more.
    Well, but this is typical for such handheld, or often Nintendo spin-offs. The art style gets more cartoonish, like in FF Crystal Chronicles.

All of you haters are going to be eating delicious crow once this game comes out.

We've been asking for SEGA to go back to being more like PSO for their next installment and they did. The horribly generic character designs of PSU have been remedied by SEGA hiring Toshiyuki Kubooka. This character designer has created some of the most iconic characters. They are NOT generic. He is a CLASSIC character designer from the Sega CD era of gaming.

And who can forget Ghaleon?

Another game he did the character design was THE iDOLM@STER. The videogame with the most fanart created for EVER.

It would make sense that the characters have been simplified in the art since the graphics are going to be simplified as well.

Also, PSU had a horribly generic story. SEGA has remedied this off the bat by hiring one of Japan's most popular light novel authors, Teru Arai.

So let's see
    - Returns to PSO style like people have wanted
    - Better characters than PSU
    - Better story than PSU
    - Uses the DS to the fullest with interesting new features
    - No negatives have yet been seen apart from speculation, dissapointment that the DS isn't capable of PSP quality graphics, and the choice of a new character designer who, although quite different and less detailed, is capable of creating characters whom the player loves immensely, look at Lunar-NET and iM@S fan videos/fan art, and better suits a handheld device and it's broadened target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnsro View Post

Another game he did the character design was THE iDOLM@STER. The videogame with the most fanart created for EVER.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...nsro/imas1.jpg
    I can see why there's so much fan art for it!

OH shi! this looks awesome

- Better characters than PSU
    - Better story than PSU
    Eh... how do you know? We know jack about the story, and we've yet to meet a single character to "know" them. This is as much speculation as what others are putting out.

does anyone think they'll go with PSU or PSO battle system?

also do u think we'll have PAs or not?

and do u think we'll have PSO looking spells or PSU looking spells?

i know we don't know, im just asking what u guys think
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

The horribly generic character designs of PSU have been remedied by ... They are NOT generic. He is a CLASSIC character designer from the Sega CD era of gaming.
    So I'm picking and choosing a bit here but here we go: Horribly generic? As in what? You've got a fair bit of customization in PSU from your head down. If anything, they went for an older Phantasy Star look for the characters. You don't have to be classic to do generic.

No negatives have yet been seen apart from speculation, dissapointment that the DS isn't capable of PSP quality graphics, and the choice of a new character designer who, although quite different and less detailed, is capable of creating characters whom the player loves immensely, look at Lunar-NET and iM@S fan videos/fan art, and better suits a handheld device and it's broadened target audience.
    I wouldn't say less detailed. Very very different from what we've seen from past Phantasy Star games, but not any less detailed. But details and character designers are only half of the equation. If the story isn't good, players won't love the characters. I disagree that the target audience is broadened. If anything, the target age has been lowered. I stand by my previous 10,000 volted Booma post from before.

We have very little substance to go on at the moment. So anything negative and anything positive aside from what Sega has said is speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachief View Post
    does anyone think they'll go with PSU or PSO battle system?
    We need to wait for more pictures for that but giving the pallet, I'd say PSO-styled system with no PAs. I predict you will need some kind of rod/staff to cast though :P
    Last edited by Mike; Sep 12, 2008 at 08:11 PM.

ahh yes mike i just checked it does seem like no pallet, so just 1 weapon at a time.

but the point of using a weapon to cast magic was because the PA system forced them to have it equipped to a weapon to be used so i think the spell casting can be used without a weapon, hopefully
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    Eh... how do you know? We know jack about the story, and we've yet to meet a single character to "know" them. This is as much speculation as what others are putting out.
    The people chosen to be in charge of the characters and story are not speculation. They are known and based on their past proven records we can use deductive reasoning.

* All major games that Toshiyuki Kubooka has worked on has had likable characters. (major premise)
    * Toshiyuki Kubooka is doing character designs for Phantasy Star Zero. (minor premise)
    * Phantasy Star Zero will have likable characters. (conclusion)