Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

Default So Philly boo'd Sarah Palin guys. Hey guys!

Now honestly, who didn't see that coming? What's funny is that the arena had to turn up the volume of the music to drown out the sea of boos. I guess we know which way Philadelphia votes are learning towards. I kinda feel bad for Palin, having to put on airs despite being fully aware you are getting booed by thousands of people. :/

You know what, wasn't Dangerous or someone talking about this sort of thing happening in another thread?

They weren't booing... they were saying Boo-Urns... Boo-Urns!!!

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

Republicans (I suppose the "wrong" sort of Republican) booed McCain for defending Obama. I don't particularly like the lady, but I wouldn't want to be rude.

Be cordial, people.

wait, so it's not even a real puck drop? Now I can understand bumping a person up for throwing the first pitch and crap, cause not everyone throws that great, but a simple drop the puck and skate out can't be done? Lame. Wasn't that interested in hockey before, certainly not now.

Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

I thought the same thing Sord. The same damn thing.

I didn't get to see this tonight, but I expected it(kind of, I still say the majority of those fans ain't booing because they like Obama). Philly boo's everyone. Philly booed Mike Schmidt for the majority of his career. If you don't know who he is look him up, it just shows ya what kind of town Philly is.

"Philadelphia fans are a tough bunch, and sometimes they got under the skin of the sensitive third baseman. Schmidt once referred to the locals as "beyond help" and Veterans Stadium as a "mob scene, uncontrollable.""
    Last edited by Dangerous55; Oct 12, 2008 at 12:07 AM.
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

I was there. There was plenty of booing, but also cheering. I saw a handful of Obama signs in the lower level which I thought was funny. I'm sure they knew it was going to be like this so I'll bet they planned on blasting the music.

Dunno what you guys are talking about with actually dropping the puck...they can't be on the ice when play starts lmao

Completely unsurprising and amusing. Philadelphia (along with Pittsburgh) always votes democrat. In fact, the reason Pennsylvania is a swing state is because of Philly and Pittsburgh. Look up an election map of PA; typically, only Philly and Pittsburgh are blue.

Philly fans are tough, but also amusing. The tales of the antics of Eagles fans are the stuff of legend.

Hmmm.. Funny you should mention that. I never really liked Repubs, and McCain less so.
    This year, Firo gets to vote! I dunno. They're recruiting all the college kids to register to vote. I said I was already registered to vote in NY, but they said PA's a swing state? Never got that part.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Wow, Alaska chicks are hawt.
    Sorry, had to say it.

I have to be honest, I heard more cheering than booing. Though the booing was funny.