Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Default The big list of stuff thats definitely in PSZ

So I'm looking around the forum and I noticed theres alot of misinformation/confusion floating around about what we do and dont know about PSZ, so I figured Id compile a list that would hopefull clear all of that up. Its split up into sections, too help you find the information you need.

CHARACTERS:

-There are 14 Character classes in PSZ, they are:
    HUmar
    HUmarl
    RAmar
    RAmarl
    FOmar
    FOmarl
    HUnewm
    HUnewearl
    FOnewm
    FOnewearl
    HUcast
    HUcaseal
    RAcast
    RAcaseal

-You get 3 save character slots.

-The character you create is used in all three modes of gameply, Story, Wi-Fi, and Local Multiplayer.

-Their is character customization, including hair style, costume, color, and mag color.

BATTLE/WEAPONS:

-The 3 Hit Combo system is back, along with the Normal and Hard Attacks.

-Their is a newly implemented dodge system. Dodging allows the character to quickly roll in a direction to avoid attack. It can also cancel charged attacks and techs.

-Their is a newly added Chain System. If a character performs a 3 hit combo on an enemy, and then another different character does a 3 hit combo on an enemy, a chain counter will appear. This chain can be continued by having all 4 players taking turns in sequence attacking the enemy, and will give a damage boost to those attacks.

-In addition to normal and hard attacks, each weapon has a specific Photon Art that is activated by charging the weapons attack via holding down the attack button. This uses your character's PP, weapons do not have PP linked to them as in PSU.

-TECHS can also be charged the same way,they can only be cast with a casting type weapon (wand or rod) but are placed on the action pallete similar to PSO. Charging a technique will turn it into its RA-form, i.e. Foie becomes Rafoie.

-There are around 350 weapons in the game.

The list of available weapon types is:

Striking
    * Swords
    * Spears
    * Sabers
    * Double sabers
    * Claws
    * Daggers
    * Shield

Ranged
    * Handguns
    * Machineguns
    * Launchers
    * Rifles
    * Bazookas
    * Gunslash

Magic
    * Rods
    * Wands
    * Slicers

-MAGS are back, and apparently have some sort of Photon Blast. The only one we know of is a HUcast transforming into a winged creature that brings lightning down from the sky. Mags can be fed ANY item in the game this time, and photon blasts can be comboed.

-Unarmed Combat is back.

-We have 2 new weapon types to look forward to. The shield can attack and block enemy attacks. The GunSlash can be used as a melee weapon when close to the enemy, and a ranged weapon when far away.

-Strafing is brought back from PSU, holding down L both resets the camera and allows the character to strafe.

-The action pallete is back, holding down on R brings up another 3 slots like PSO.

-Ranged characters can drop on one knee and remain stationary. It can be assumed that this is similar to a heavy attack with non-ranged weapons.

MULTIPLAYER:

-Multiplayer can be played with or without friend codes. The benefits of using FC's is that you can use the new pictochat feature, otherwise you will have to use pre-made responses.

-Their are no visual lobbies, instead you choose your area before heading out.

-4 players can play at a time.

-The pictochat system allows for saving images you have created, making shortcuts to them, and capturing others' images.

ENEMIES/AREAS

-Their is reason to believe that their could be as many as 8 different areas to explore in PSZ.

-It appears there are minibosses in addition to final bosses for each area.

-Confirmed Bosses: Dragon, Octopus, Giant Mech, and a Yeti sort of creature (Although some of these could just be minbosses)

-When playing through an area, you go from room to room defeating the waves of enemies that appear. At the end of the room you exit it and go on to the next. This is unlike PSO or PSU, which had multiple rooms before going through a load screen.

STORY MODE:

-It revolves around 2 characters, Kai, and Salisa.

-Newmans are from the moon.

-It has animated cutscenes.

-It is NOT connected to the classic PS series, PSO, or PSU.

-It focuses on the "Hunters", after humanity has just found the remains of an ancient civilzation and photon based technology. Interestingly, this explains why the characters appear to be using "traditional" weapons mixed with photon tech. See: RAmar's glowing revolvers.

RANDOM FACTS:

-Although not yet out, this game would appear to have all the elements required to make it THE GREATEST HUMAN ACHIEVEMENT THIS SIDE OF CURING CANCER.

If anyone wants to help me out by giving me more/better info, that would be great. Anything new I will try to edit in if people take interest in this thread.
    Last edited by Niered; Nov 16, 2008 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Fixed info on PP and weapons, added chain system info. Thanks Kent

Don't forget you can now strafe by holding down the L (camera reset) button!

Oh, and previous MAG evolutions are back. In the first half of the TGS presentation, the HUmar has a Sato MAG (the cat-looking one) equipped.

It also appears that the way item drops appear has been changed; instead of enemies dropping items, once a room is cleared, a treasure chest appears which spews items when hit.
    Last edited by Saphion; Oct 12, 2008 at 02:29 PM.
    Phantasy Star Zero; bringing my favourite game to my favourite console.

You could put a clear description of the controls like I did in one of my previous topics.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

@ Saphion: Forgot about strafing! Good point. The mag thing is something I'd rather not get into yet, Im more interested in wether or not they evolve still.

@ the_importer_: Good suggestion, but I dont think ill add that mainly because you already have a thread up with that information, and because Im assuming that most everyone reading this will be coming from PSO and know that for the most part the controls mirror one another. Plus I want this to be more of a FAQ than a manual.

Oh, and you can copy another player's visual chat in the same way you could copy symbol chat in PSO.

Another fun fact; this game is going to be completely awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphion View Post
    Oh, and you can copy another player's visual chat in the same way you could copy symbol chat in PSO.

Another fun fact; this game is going to be completely awesome.
    Already had that info under MULTIPLAYER, I said you can capture other peoples images.

I did however add my own rendition of your second point to RANDOM FACTS.

Haha! I love it!

I think you've got everything down! Unless you want to add in about the story mode having animated cutscenes.

I think I'll be visiting the original post often, and drooling into my lap. If you wanted, you could always add some screenshots.

Cool

You can go to lobbies with friends I believe, not sure about multiplayer.

Look at pic.

Isn't that just the central hub, as in the style of Pioneer 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Hucast-Kireek View Post
    You can go to lobbies with friends I believe, not sure about multiplayer.

Look at pic.
    Hmm, I dont know what to make of that pic, Id rather wait until we have more information to put something like that up.