Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PSZ Expansions?

Default PSZ Expansions?

I know i'm jumping the gun as the game isn't even out yet, but one of the things i'm concerned about is the longevity of PSZ. In the past this has been remedied by expansion packs, but with PSZ the possibility would seem slim. There is no way to save your data outside the cart itself, so having an expansion would mean it would be impossible to transfer character data. Anybody have any ideas? I guess i'm hoping too much for this game, but damn, sega has already outdid themselves with what they had to work with on the DS, I would hate for PSZ to be the end of the DS entry to the series.

Maybe something involving the GBA slot, but with the advent of DSi it seems...iffy.

Back when there was only a thread for PSZ someone mentioned that there was a japanese musical game (I think) that used the GBA slot for an expansion.
    They might be able to do this but they might not. I think they showcased this game for the DSi which has no GBA slot.

Not a chance.

If anything, you MIGHT see something like a V2 on the DC, but V2 was createde for the sole purpose of fixing some glitches, not necessarily adding content.

And like you said, their really isnt much of a way to transfer characters, so im gonna go ahead and say this is a borderline imposssibility.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Gemel, there is a musical game that uses the GBA as an expansion. Actually, one of my friends is a huge fan of it. (The name of the game escapes me though. =/ )

nintendo made a big mistake by omitting the GBA slot IMO. SD slot would be a possiblity on the DSi but with the majority of the user base using the DS Phat / Lite, it wouldn't make much sense. Too bad you can't upload character data onto sega/nintendo server and then retrieve it.

I would say use of Dsi sandisk for data but oh no I smell hax all over it.
    Duck Tales
    # of Members: 45

Requirement to join Duck Tales - If I like the cut of your Jib jk its free for all
    wait no i mean free for all

If it sells well (which it will), they're bound to try and milk it some more. I'd genuinely like to see how they'd handle an expansion of sorts.
    Phantasy Star Zero; bringing my favourite game to my favourite console.

Mmmm more PSZ.

Game isn't out yet! XD GIB Christmas NAO!

But yeah, I wonder how that will be handled, Wii extras can be possible too!
    Last edited by Hucast-Kireek; Oct 12, 2008 at 08:42 PM.

Making me wait so long
    Duck Tales
    # of Members: 45

Requirement to join Duck Tales - If I like the cut of your Jib jk its free for all
    wait no i mean free for all