Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    Again, Dead Space and Fable II don't come out until after the 19th, so I can't pick them up for this deal.

I already have all my Half-Life stuff on PC, but for anybody else on the fence, I can't stress enough how much they need to get Orange Box.

I'm thinking about also picking up some DS games on their own (I enjoy the videogames, after all), so that's become a separate issue.

I tried the demo of Too Human and was not a fan of the combat. I'm sure it's obvious by now, that I'm not the biggest fan of a lot of the big action games (DMC, Ninja Gaiden, God of War) except as time-wasters, but I actually think I would love Too Human if it played like those games instead of using their bizarre thumbstick combat. I loved Eternal Darkness, so I wish I could get into Too Human. Is there anybody who owns the game that would like to weigh in on it?

Er, actually dead space is out today.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Quote Originally Posted by Aisha379 View Post
    I know. Its okay though.

And The World Ends with you is also a great game. I was just trying to think of a 360 one...and usually the "buy X get one free" deal always means the cheapest game is the free one, so you might be better off just buying that in a seperate purchase and getting another console game for free...
    Whoa. Hold the phone. I never said it was a bad game. They did drop the ball in a lot of places. Luckily you can sidestep the story entirely after you've finished the game and just kill things...like it should have been.

As far as Too Human goes, everything except the combat fails immensely. Story, voice work, delivery, art direction, interface, CAMERA, everything.
    Generally when 6 out of 7 talked about aspects of a game "fails immensely", we refer to this as a "bad game".

It might be a bad game with good combat, but it is nevertheless a bad game I'm afraid. D=

Quote Originally Posted by Sord View Post
    I know you said you like turn-based, but despite the fact the combat is real time it's very fun.
    Oh, don't get me wrong - I have much love for action RPGs as well. In fact, I'm more likely to enjoy an action RPG than a turn-based nowadays.

And The World Ends with you is also a great game. I was just trying to think of a 360 one...and usually the "buy X get one free" deal always means the cheapest game is the free one, so you might be better off just buying that in a seperate purchase and getting another console game for free...
    True, but as stated in my first post, I'd still want my third game to be at least $40 to maximize my "discount", since I want CoD4 and Mass Effect nowish versus some of the other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Illumiatus View Post
    Er, actually dead space is out today.
    Hi, I'm the rest of the thread. You should read me sometime.[/snark]

I already mentioned that I'm looking at picking these things up online, and Toys R Us has screwy release dates on their website. Therefore, if Toys R Us says the game doesn't come out until 10/20 and the sale ends on 10/19, I can't pick up the game. I'll probably be stopping by Toys R Us today after work (30 minutes and counting...) but last I checked, they had almost nothing in stock.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Generally when 6 out of 7 talked about aspects of a game "fails immensely", we refer to this as a "bad game".

It might be a bad game with good combat, but it is nevertheless a bad game I'm afraid. D=
    I would say "passable" would be more accurate. The only thing that saves it from being bad is that you spend 90% of your time fighting and not dealing with the other crap, and I do mean crap.

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    I would say "passable" would be more accurate. The only thing that saves it from being bad is that you spend 90% of your time fighting and not dealing with the other crap, and I do mean crap.
    See, I had really been hoping that the story would be neat, but yeah, I've heard similar things to what you're saying from several sources. Let's just hope this game doesn't end up causing a KO for Silicon Knights.

In game-choosing news: A co-worker just pointed out I should try and get Little Big Planet for my brother's PS3. While tempting, toysrus.com lists it as coming out on the 21st, but if I see it in the store tonight, I might grab it.

any final fantasy. Any of them will entertain you for years if you're the right kind of person

Eh, I've played most of the Final Fantasy games. Maybe I haven't completed them all, but I've gotten a good number of hours out of them. (Though, the thought of replaying VIII, IX or finally finishing the mess that is VII does occasionally seem tempting.) I have been playing a bit of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, but it just doesn't have the same spark as the Playstation original.

As was already mentioned in another thread, the Mother 3 English patch should be coming out soon, so between that and Mass Effect, my RPG quota will probably be filled for a while.

And no luck at my local Toys R Us brick and mortar store. I gotta tell you, for a company that is struggling to stay afloat, you'd think that selling games for above the MSRP and not having them in stock until a week after release would be bad business, but apparently they're happy with it.