Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Definitely makes sense. You get that often with Guntechers as well. The gun weapon gets used like crazy, while the other weapon sits there most of the time, not being used much.

It does seem real odd when you use a photon charge, only really used 1 of your two weapons at all, and then you only get half back.

It's really a matter of convenience. In some case, a bit of a balancing tweak that in practice solves an issue with the current system and dual wielders typically being hybrids that have heavy leans towards 1 or the other side of their class.

Isn't easy being the coolest acrotecher in Gurhal ErtaiClou's Avatar

Of course it makes sense. If it didn't, 2-handed weapons should only be filled halfway per charge.

I made a nice long post about this, but it appears forgot to hit the submit reply button and closed out my browser. Here's the truncated version:

Master Classes are the reason.

Fighmaster = 2 handed weapons = 1 photon charge
    Gunmaster = 2 handed weapons = 1 photon charge
    MasterForce = 1 handed weapons = 2 photon charges or menu navigation.

MasterForce = lowest DPS of master classes. Add menu navigation or two photon charges to recharge TCSM = them being even slower and more expensive than other classes with the increased PP usage of the master classes.

MasterForce getting the shaft more that usual.

Enter in 1 photon charge for both weapons = MasterForce still shafted in terms of DPS, but not quite so much on recharge costs.

MasterForce weapons are the most expensive weapons to recharge in the game (Psycho Wand and Pushan) and their weapons run out fairly quickly, so why not put them on equal footing to the other master classses?

That makes sense, too. Looks like a lot of provisions are being made due to how the MasterForce ended up in practice.

"Item modifications
    -Photon Charges will be modified so that when used from the action palette on two single-handed weapons, instead of replenishing only 50% of the max PP of each weapon, it will refill PP for only one weapon that has used up more pp than the other weapon automatically." - Fixed. Now, would that be too complicated to code in the game for ST sometime in the future?

I suggest to all not to make habit of trying to think that something make sense completely just for the sake of convenience ignoring all game balances and logical reasoning applied, or you will end up being just like them eventually.
    Last edited by HyperShot-X-; Nov 20, 2008 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stukasa View Post
    The reason is that it's annoying when you want to refill your (insert weapon name here) but since you're using two single-handed weapons, it only fills each one up half way. For example, if I have a wand in my right hand and a card fan in my left hand and I only want to refill my wand PP, I either have to unequip the card fan or use two charges.

It's not a big deal but I think it makes sense.
    Takes 2 seconds to click start....items...scroll down to item and click refill with pp

Those 2 seconds are pretty significant, considering how quickly things die in this game.

Again, it's all about convenience. And it actually makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by desturel View Post
    I made a nice long post about this, but it appears forgot to hit the submit reply button and closed out my browser. Here's the truncated version:

Master Classes are the reason.

Fighmaster = 2 handed weapons = 1 photon charge
    Gunmaster = 2 handed weapons = 1 photon charge
    MasterForce = 1 handed weapons = 2 photon charges or menu navigation.

MasterForce = lowest DPS of master classes. Add menu navigation or two photon charges to recharge TCSM = them being even slower and more expensive than other classes with the increased PP usage of the master classes.

MasterForce getting the shaft more that usual.

Enter in 1 photon charge for both weapons = MasterForce still shafted in terms of DPS, but not quite so much on recharge costs.

MasterForce weapons are the most expensive weapons to recharge in the game (Psycho Wand and Pushan) and their weapons run out fairly quickly, so why not put them on equal footing to the other master classses?
    I wouldn't say that's the sole reason at all, the same "problem" that plagues MasterFail--er, Force, has plagued a lot of classes since the outset. I've been wanting this update for a very long time.

Going to the menu to have to charge a single-handed weapon was annoying.

If it were my decision, I'd have made it so that it would charge the one you were currently using, but that would be flawed because some people have the L. Hand weapon on "hold" rather than "switch" so this was the best route to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Typheros View Post
    I wouldn't say that's the sole reason at all, the same "problem" that plagues MasterFail--er, Force, has plagued a lot of classes since the outset. I've been wanting this update for a very long time.
    Masterfarce is the only reason why they are doing it however. Otherwise we would already have the update. This update will likely come with the master classes.