Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redria Fever

Default Redria Fever

Hello everyone!

Some of you may remember that I like to sew here, for those of you whom do remember, I finally got around to sewing this Redria badge onto my girlfriend's satchel for her:

Next, I decided to do something more practical, a pillow.

I'm kind of REALLY annoyed with how the symbol's turned out - not quite symmetrical and looking a little thin but she loves it nonetheless. For that, I'm very grateful (her pet iguana like it too!!) and pleased that it's helped her out.

A few weeks later... I became a bit more ambitious and with a fabric sale at John Lewis, I bought out all of the Jersey and Cotton Jersey they had (was still kinda expensive..) but I wanted to make something bigger for her! So I made this duvet to match the pillow!

I messed up with the measurements though so you might spot that the foot of the duvet has a little bit of red where I ran out of black material - also, I ran out of red thread so you may notice some black thread on the symbol itself!

All in all, I think it took about 10 hours to stitch the pillow together (all by hand) and then about 20 hours to 25 hours for the duvet (all by hand again).

(I can't carry a sewing machine with me to her house, okay?! I know sewing machines make the job go by much faster and makes the stitches a lot stronger/hard wearing but they also pull the fabric a lot. With a soft, supple and synthetic material like jersey or cotton jersey, it'd be easy to overstretch the fabric while running it through with each press of the foot on the sewing machine.

That and I like to be able to just use a backstitch to do all of the stitches.)

All of the red looks a bit shiny...

Hmm... I made this a lot harder than it is though - if I use a machine to do the tight stitches around the edges and plan things out properly, I can cut the time down considerably.

I'm willing to do these as requests at some point if there's a large enough demand for them but I'd prefer to do them to a tight schedule so I actually DO do them, heh.

Trouble is... does anyone here actually trust me with their REAL LIFE address? Or should these kinds of fan work things be kept kind of hush hush in case Sega decides to bring Copyright laws into things?

*Is so worried about getting sued..*

I'm British, Okay?! I dunwanna get sued by big corporate Americans/Japanese business people! *looks at SQUARE-ENIX and their music laws of reproducing their music*
    Last edited by biggabertha; Nov 26, 2008 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Added the link to my section ID embroidery and a bit more

It should look shiny; they certainly stood out on our outfits. Very nice work, I especially like the satchel.

Do want!
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

I'd want Purplenum, myself, but this looks awesome! Excellent work!

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

Just brilliant.

That's seriously some awesome stuff!

This is so awesome. I love it.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

Thank you everyone for your comments! I really appreciate it!

I'm a Purplenum myself too but it's very difficult to find material that I like that's the right colour purple for the ID.

It's been nearly a year and I still haven't completed all of those embroidered Section IDs I wanted to finish up on.

(So not looking forward to doing Bluefull...)

I would do them if my skills were better. Been a few years since I did any sort of sewing.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

This is perfect!!! I was a redria back in pso! Gib!! o_o And I don't see any black threads in the red, but I do see some white spots on the black... does that happen to be ---? .... nvm 8D

I actually think they're smudges on the camera...

Y-yeah...! Dirty camera!!

DON'T ASK HOW THE CAMERA GOT DIRTY!!! >.<!!