Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Your thoughts on the weapon designs

Ok I just want to know what’s yall thoughts on the weapon designs in psu.

I’m mean me myself, I could on and on about the same weapons from pso, new weapons with different name but same design as an old one, same weapon with a + sign. But it’ll turn into a rant and that’s not what I really want. I just want to know what you guys think.

What are the good and bad things you like about the weapon designs?
    And tell me why you like or dislike a certain weapon design or them all in general.

(P.S) I do like the magical wand (its cute) and all the Kanata weapons (it looks badass)

Given that there ARE some cool-looking weapons in PSU (Degahna Cannon, Shigga Desta, Carriguine-Rucar come to mind), a large number of them are just reskins, reskins, reskins. From a design point of view, I despise the Kubara "clone" weapons, although some of them are worth using... but why couldn't Segac just implement the same stats and just make an entirely new weapon?? I think that'd be a lot more appealing.

And yes, I'd like to see more old PSO weapons, WITH ANIMATIONS. I hate that the Psycho Wand doesn't fold up anymore. That, and seeing old rares like Durandal and Stag Cutlery being misspelled in translation and turned into B ranks is rather demoralizing, imo...

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Donkey Show Coordinator

There are some rather good looking weapons, but most of them really suck as for looks.
    The ones that pop into mind are Mugunruk, Carriguine Rucar, and Grand Crosses. Creasabra is another one I rather like and used for awhile. I think if PSU had more good looking weapons to hunt I'd play it still.

I hate to say it but stop living in the past PSO is done and gone, if you like playing with the old PSO weapons, then play PSO. Sure its nice to have some of the old stuff show up but none of them should be s-ranks, remember in the story PSO happened a long time ago so why should weapons from the past be stronger than the ones from the future? If the p-wand wasnt the strongest i would have one just to have one but i wouldnt use it. The only problem i have is some of the b-ranks are way cooler than the some s-ranks (one off the top of my head is a pair of b-rank double guns (Ryo-Bimtore) look awsome but we get twin tornado's, i think the higher in rank you go the crazier they should look

Quote Originally Posted by tadtwisted View Post
    I hate to say it but stop living in the past PSO is done and gone, if you like playing with the old PSO weapons, then play PSO.
    This...

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    Given that there ARE some cool-looking weapons in PSU (Degahna Cannon, Shigga Desta, Carriguine-Rucar come to mind), a large number of them are just reskins, reskins, reskins. From a design point of view, I despise the Kubara "clone" weapons, although some of them are worth using... but why couldn't Segac just implement the same stats and just make an entirely new weapon?? I think that'd be a lot more appealing.
    Yes i agree with this. there are SOME good looking weapons but there alot of reskins

Quote Originally Posted by tadtwisted View Post
    I hate to say it but stop living in the past PSO is done and gone, if you like playing with the old PSO weapons, then play PSO. Sure its nice to have some of the old stuff show up but none of them should be s-ranks, remember in the story PSO happened a long time ago so why should weapons from the past be stronger than the ones from the future? If the p-wand wasnt the strongest i would have one just to have one but i wouldnt use it. The only problem i have is some of the b-ranks are way cooler than the some s-ranks (one off the top of my head is a pair of b-rank double guns (Ryo-Bimtore) look awsome but we get twin tornado's, i think the higher in rank you go the crazier they should look
    Mm.. i think u misunderstood me. Thats one of the things i dislike. the use of the same weapons from pso.

Honestly, I liked the C-B ranked GRM Dagger design, A rank GRM saber, Double Agito, C-B GRM rifle, Rattlesnac, shigga barec, psycho wand, and shigga desta in terms of looks, but then again, I'm not one for big flashy weapons, just ones that look like they get the job done.

Oh, and about weapon reskins, even WoW does that (seriously, I looked at the robe shop in Stormwind, and all the robes used the exact same model, just a diferant pattern) Now granted, I think sega is taking it to far as far as monsters go, but with weapons, it doesn't really bother me (for all I care, that weapon was grinded to 10/10 when the guy before me died, and I get to grind it again)
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraMKIV View Post
    Oh wow! I'm lucky my xbox RROD'ed...Thanks MS, you saved me from the rollback.
    I hear ya! THANK YOU MICROSOFT!

What I like about the weapon designs is that they're all different enough to tell them apart by manufacturer. Hanzo and Soda Hazzo are both 7* Swords, but they both look remarkably different. Also, even though most of the Kubara copies are rather pointless, some of them do look pretty amazing (the 6* Yohmei-Kubara shotgun comes to mind).

What I don't like is that even though the weapon models themselves are interesting, they get a bit repetitive. I feel that C-rank weapon models should be different from B-rank weapon models as they are different from A-rank weapon models. Furthermore, I think all of the A-ranks should look different enough to tell them apart, since a lot of the classes cap the majority of weapons at A-rank, and so it would be nice not to see everyone using the same exact model of spear or wand or twin handgun late in the game. If they all looked a bit different, I'm sure we'd be seeing more people using different-rank weapons for their looks, since style plays such a big role in this game.

Character ID: 中原小麦

Why Do I Still Post Here? BahnKnakyu's Avatar

I dislike the Yohmei gun designs. They look like twigs (and I know that was their intention) rather than actual weapons. The GRM guns actually look functional compared to the Yohmei ones.

7* Tenora swords need to deserve mention here. Those things look absolutely VICIOUS. Cresaud (Crea Sword) also looks freakin awesome. Tyrant Spada/Apocalypse looks like He-Man's sword too.
    * 98% of people like to put character progress in their signatures. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your signature.

The only weapon I truly love the way it looks. Others I just think are cool.
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2...3-23-39-34.jpg
    I still never got that autographed tumbler you promised me years ago PSO-World.