Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 172425262728 LastLast

It would be nice to get info on compensation by tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Bandit View Post
    You know I'm not mad or upset at Sega at all. Know why? Stuff happends. Point blank. period.

If some data corrupted then thats out of their control. Its not their fault. Why hold them accountable? As far as you know they could have done everything to the "T" perfect but when the servers were booted back up something was just not in their control. Every had your personal hard drive just crap out on you for no reason? Was it your fault? No. Was it your computers fault? No. Shit just happends.

Hell it could have been the players fault trying to, I don't know; for example trying to add data to their item box while the server was going down. Then what? Blame Sega? Blame the GM's? No. So stop bitchching.

For those who took off of work to play a game...OMG are you dumb? Was it paid vacation? Yes? You got paid to sit down and enjoy a hobby. So what if it was in vain? It was only a day and a half.

Those who took off of work without paid time off. That my friend is stupid and you need to get your priorities in order. Why miss $65-$190 (depending on how many days you took off) to sit on your ass, eat Cheetos, and play PSU? You can only be mad at your self for that.

Now for the people asking why not just give the 20+ people back their stuff on an individual basis? t doesn't work like that. Think of it like this. And try to leave the $ part out of the equation (if you can comprehend that well) Say for instance you are in a retail store and spot a wrong price and want your item reduced to match the old price. Chances are the store is going to do it for you. Now apply that situation to 20+ people at once more than likely the store won't do it. If its one person here or there its cool. Now what if the GM's gave back these 20+ people back there stuff and in the future something else happends more 20+ people are going to expect the same treatment so on and so forth. That may not be the best example to get my point across but I hoe you get the point.

To those people who want to cry like a puss and quit over a days worth of roll back QFT! GO! Please! This is the second (maybe third) roll back in what 2 years? In my eyes this is a decent if not good track record considering this is SEGA and PSU. What I mean by this is just SEGA is this is not some baller company like Squarenix or Blizzard or yada yada yada. And this game is only PSU. Remember this game does not have a big budget. How many people have heard or even knows of PSO/U? Not many huh? Yeah. Get over it. MAybe PS is just that "cash cow" to add funds for other projects to help SEGA keep going. Quitting over a days worth of roll back? Dumb. Quitting over a weeks wort of roll back or something else to talk about I can maybe understand.

So the F what you lost 2 levels?! Big deal! The cap just came. You were no where near the new cap so QFT. Go play with your friends and get them back. Eventually you're going to see exp. full anyway, you're running a GBR that has 2!!! bosses. Go play!

Quit crying!
    Lol, someone is obviously kissing segas....... Anyways, your post started out decent, until the job part. First off, do you have a job? I do, and i was only off friday, i work 5 days a week, 9 hours a day. Yes, i played the heck outta psu, it was a friggn huge update that everyone was happy about. You trying to say we shoulda seen the future and not played it. Who didnt want to play it. Why the F do you think sega is actually doing something about this smartypants? Because they know they messed up and peed alot of players off. Of course we can be pissed about this, your one of the many including myself who didnt find much stuff on friday through sunday, but some people found chaosknights, red walls, etc,..... Then rollback? I guess your just saying screw them huh?
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

I don't see why people have an issue with "whining" in a thread marked reactions? I get it, it's like someone else said "I'm getting sick of people who's opinion differs from mine!!"

Just like you have the right to comment and kiss Segac incompetent asses, other paying customers have the right to come in and complain about the shit "service" Sega has been "providing".

You have the right to your opinion, but some people work hard and $10 for the shit stain process that Segac and Luby Dicklips call customer service is disgusting.

Plus, some people don't like to work hard and have things taken away. This sucks for the people whose items were lost due to the original glitch, and it sucks for those who spent time leveling and getting rares and lost it during the rollback due to said glitch. All because SOA/SOJ don't give a flying fuck about the US/EU servers to get competent people to support their servers.

As far as I'm concerned, this is all being done on purpose because they want these servers to go away.

My PM went from lvl 37 to lvl 24.
    I lost my 200000 meseta which went back to around 40000+ meseta.

I lost my A weapons and armor because my type lvl went down 2 levels.

Not to mention those rares I got.

I should've spent the weekend playing WOW instead T_T

As usual - work to regain what was lost.
    PSO2 JP
    Sega ID: Elternteil
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    Oh, and sorry we aren't happy about the rollback. Maybe we'll cheer up come next billing server meltdown or something.
    Sorry, but I don't recall saying anything like, "You should be happy about it." I don't know why people keep misunderstanding me. No, you shouldn't be happy about it, but what's hanging around here griping gonna do to change anything?

Edit: I'm sorry. You didn't misunderstand me. You just twisted my words, is all.
    Last edited by Kinako78; Dec 10, 2008 at 10:33 PM.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 characters:

Kinako-Level 76 Female Human Force
    Koji-Level 64 Male Beast Hunter
    Rinia-Level 15 Female CAST Ranger
    Nova-Level 7 Female Newman Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Kinako78 View Post
    Ok, Galvatron, what you said makes no sense. Why would they do it on purpose?

And this has been explained a million-zillion times, but apparently, I have to explain it again.

The Terms of Service specifically says that all we're paying $10 a month for is to play the game. We're not legally paying to get updates and whatnot, though that is a nice bonus. And some of us still enjoy playing this game, despite all the flaws and screw-ups that have gone on. So, those of you who want to leave, go and leave the rest of us be.
    No, but I paid $40 for a game that I still do not have full access to after 2 years. There is still some content locked away on my disc that I purchased. When they unlock all that, I will stop complaining.

There really isn't much they can do to compensate. I was thinking about it at work and here is why things won't work (for me at least).

Free weapon/armour/items: Items are too specific. For example: if they gave away a sword, gunners would feel left out. Plus if they gave away a mid range weapon, people would just stick to their better weapon and the compensation would be meaningless. If they gave away a top notch weapon, everyone would use it and things would become massively boring.

Meseta: It's already easy enough to get by the normal means so the amount would have to be huge to be adequate compensation. And lets face it, tonnes of people walking around with huge money would just make things too easy. Plus people who had saved hard to get their items would feel a bit cheated. Still better than giving away items that people might not even want/need/be able to use though.

Extra week or so of GBR: Bah, most people will be bored of the same 4 missions by the end anyway.

Boosted luck: Nowhere near adequate compensation.

Boosted GBR %: It's a start, but I don't quite think it's good enough.

Boosted Exp: For me, it makes things too easy. Unless it was only for a few days. 2 days would be appropriate.

Free month: It won't happen. They won't dish out a free month to compensate for 2 days. And I don't blame them.

The only thing I can think of that would be good enough is master classes. And even then, they are coming out anyway eventually so it's not a massive compensation.

And on another note: Sega is stuck in a vicious cycle now. The population is low (it was never high). This means less cash from licence fees than they expected. This means less money to spend on updates/maintenance/general upkeep than they expected. This means shoddy sevice which leads to even less population.
    God damn I hate the internet.

>goaferboy, you left out boosted synth & grind bonus paired with 3* luck to help ppl regain what they lost(10 % boost isn't gonna cut it this time, at least 20% for 1 week at the very least).
    But I do agree with you on master classes, i didn't list it on my 'compensation wish' list originally b/c it was gonna come eventually, we just didn't know how soon.

Also, lower population and resulting less profit cannot be an excuse for the state we are in b/c JP PSU makes up for it more than enough and I'm sure there is(or was) potential user base outside JP and I know they can do better if they do it right.
    Last edited by HyperShot-X-; Dec 11, 2008 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleptomaniac View Post
    No, but I paid $40 for a game that I still do not have full access to after 2 years. There is still some content locked away on my disc that I purchased. When they unlock all that, I will stop complaining.
    And you think I didn't pay that $40? Well, news flash, I did.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 characters:

Kinako-Level 76 Female Human Force
    Koji-Level 64 Male Beast Hunter
    Rinia-Level 15 Female CAST Ranger
    Nova-Level 7 Female Newman Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Kinako78 View Post
    And you think I didn't pay that $40? Well, news flash, I did.
    I don't think he is saying you didn't pay $40. He is seems to be saying that the fact that he did pay $40 and still hasn't seen all the content he paid for in two years gives him the right to complain. Actually by this logic it also gives you that same right.
    Work hard, play harder.