Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New players, suggestions for the main character

Hello everybody o/

I'm starting to play PSŲ and I'm in doubt about which class I should pick for my MC, so may you guys help me?

I'm looking for a character that's good in both single and multiplayer mode. Difficulties in build development isn't a problem, since it is a fun build.

Thanks (Y)

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    Let's take into account several variables:

DPS
    Sustainability
    Extra-whipped-cream-factors (more of personal tastes than anything, really)

HUNTERS

DPS

Now, as far as DPS goes, HUcasts are top-dogs normally, but offline solo, you don't get techs to help boost your numbers higher, and unlike in PSO, the difference in ATP's with maxed builds in this game between the various Hunters is small enough for that to make a difference between Shifta-using Hunters and Casts. Even without maxed builds, until the high levels, you'll almost never see the real difference without Shifta, and with Shifta, Casts fall behind solo; and I wouldn't rely on Kai trying to cast it on you, everyone knows the meatshields never do what you want... <.<

Sustainability

Now, as far as sustainability goes, in the hardiness factor, Casts have the best defensive abilities of any race, period, between base DFP, HP, and armor selection. No question about it. But they lack Deband use, which in fact puts Humans and Newmen on level ground in the DFP respects, so then it really comes down to just their HP, which is still higher anyways. Casts have low PP and can't exactly spam PA's a whole lot early on, and will be guzzling down fluids if you want to keep a smackdown of heavy DPS with PA's, but the good news in that respect is that you won't have to worry about techs eating your PP with Restas and Shifta/Deband, since you can't use techs.

Humans and Newmans are equally respectable in their outputs, and within maxed builds, are fairly close to each other in their outputs. Humans have the higher ATP, but Newmen have the higher ATA. Humans have higher DFP and HP, while Newmen have higher EVP, MST, and PP. The big draw between them? Humans can use 20 more Materials on themselves than Newmen (leading to a wider selection for builds, though with each non-HP/PP Mat being only 1 point of stat, it's hardly noticeable), while Newmen have automatic PP regeneration, of which they heal 1% their max PP while walking every five seconds, or if they've been standing in the same place for over 5 seconds, they'll heal 5% their max PP. That's a pretty substantial amount later on, and can impact your strategies in things like the Eternal Tower or story mode's later missions (Arca Plant and Dark Shrine's maps in Story are ****ing MASSIVE). Casts have something like this too, but it's for their HP (it heals the same way, with 1% while walking, 5% while standing), but then they lose out on techs like Resta for healing and REQUIRE items/traps to be able to keep themselves up. For me, that's a deal-breaker with Super ET, because you'll be taking so many powerful hits if you're on the front lines (and even when you're not) that I just run out of Mates most of the time before I reach the Mother of each section...

Extra gravy

Just some analyses that I should point out: HUmars have the highest ATP at around Lv30, near when you'll be beating Story Mode, but then drop below HUcasts again somewhere around Lv40 and never go above them again. HUmars have the lowest ATA of any of the Hunters, and this hurts them a lot, since that means to keep up with the other Hunters in respectable outputs solo in Super, you'll need ATA on either your mag or your Material usage. HUcasts have access to some of the best ranger (common) weapons, like the Lavateinn 7* rifle, and the Blackhawk 6* mechguns, and therefore can put out ranged DPS higher than even Rangers with their extruciating ATP difference. HUnewmen have the highest EVP stats of any class/race combo, and later on can sacrifice costs in DFP for EVP from armors and can actually follow through in their combos about 90% of the time and still dodge blows even in Super, and the HUnewearl especially so, with the highest EVP AND the best EVP armor in the game (Rika's Suit). And, just for a quick relay, HUnewearls do, in fact, have the absolute highest total stats in the game; no other class besides HUnewm comes close to the spread they have, and they still have that whole PP regen thing going for them, so HUnewmen become the "Jack of All Trades" in this game, making them extremely viable for solo offline use.

Rangers

DPS

Problem with Rangers and DPS: they have the worst DPS of any class in the game. There, now that that's been said, you can still read this if you would like to make a Ranger. Ranger Humans can't use Shifta or Deband, unlike in PSO, and their MST is completely abysmal for even using Resta to heal yourself; they do have Jellen and Zalure, though, of which Jellen is good for dropping enemy accuracy so you aren't hit as often or hard, but you'll have to cast it EVERY WAVE OF ENEMIES for it to be of good use, same thing with Zalure, but Zalure gets its kicks for lowering enemies' resistances to ranged weapons, which there are a LOT of, so Rangers suffer even more in that regards. Ranger Casts get the benefit of not only having the better ATP, HP, and DFP, but ATA as well, meaning human Rangers literally cannot put out the damage Ranger Casts can. Ever. Zalure will not make enoug of an impact since Ranger Human ATP is so drastically low, so the increase you will do will not be higher than Casts can do naturally, and Casts still have better ATA too. Ranger Humans have been nerfed HARD in this game...

Sustainability

It's pretty much a given, but as I've said before, RAcasts have better DFP and HP, and have their natural HP regeneration. RAmars get Resta, but have shoddy MST to heal with, so you'll mostly end up using Di/Trimates for emergency heals anyways, and only use Resta between battles for spot healing. RAcasts can stand in place and heal up when they need spot healing, without using their PP like Ramars using Resta, and can focus their PP into PA usage for killing mobs quicker with their higher ATP values later. No contest: RAcasts beat RAmars.

Extra gravy

Not much else to say... as difficult of a class Ranger humans are to play in the high difficulty settings, they have aesthetic appeal with their cowboy appeal, while RAcasts get the whole "missile boat" look going for them, and RAcaseals are basically robotic lolis that blast things to bits. Ranger Males get to use Kepler Suit armor, which has the highest DFP of any armor in the game, and this Kepler Suit has a set bonus with all non-photonic guns (like the Missouris or Yasminkovs) that boosts their ATA and ATP a little more, putting the males at a higher ATA than females, so Ranger males tend to be the most commonly chosen ones.

Forces

DPS

Forces are special, and not just because they're the only classes that can use techniques above level 10: each one has a special boost (or decrease) in their technique outputs that makes each of them equally viable under different circumstances. I shall list them as such:

FOmar: +20% to Foie/Barta/Zonde techs
    FOmarl: +30% to Grants, +25% to Resta healing
    FOnewm: +15% to Foie/Barta/Zonde/Grants/Megid, -25% to Resta healing (at equal MST values to FOmar, he will heal less)
    Fonewearl: +30% to Megid, +25% to Resta healing

So, basically, you have grounds to use them all: FOmarl has best elemental coverage, FOmarl has extremelly powerful Grants tech damage, FOnewm has best overal technique damage and coverage, but is not as specialized in any single one, and FOnewearls have the best Megid tech damage. Their individual stats are pretty much about as well balanced as they can be when matched up with these damage bonuses making each fairly unique. Force Humans have better max PP, ATP, and ATA, making them more viable for battle mages or Slicer usage on non-bosses (since Slicers have **** ATA), while Force Newmen have the higher MST and PP regen, meaning they can put out more pain with tech weapons when not using tehcniques, and they can get back to teching without the need of constant Fluid abuse, which can seriously help out in the Eternal Tower.

Sustainability

While the Humans have better HP, DFP, and max PP, the Newmen have higher EVP (especially FOnewearl, who also gets access to Rika's Suit, like HUnewearl) and PP regen. For the most part, though, their individual sustainability becomes a side-drop to their most notable benefits, like their tech bonuses, and since everyone has access to Lv15 techs, and has the PP to use them all frequently, their DPS is much more important in regards to their use than their Sustainability, excepting of course the Eternal Tower, where you can't simply use a Telepipe to go back to town when you need fluids, making Newmen PP Regen extremely valuable. If you try to run the Eternal Tower with a Human Force, you will need to be more conservative on your tech and PA spamming, so as not to run out of fluids and PP before you get to the bosses.

Extra gravy

Force Humans have a great selection of weapons to choose from, and can wield things like the Iros 7* shield, the Crimson Vis 7* mechguns, and with Shifta/Alzalure usage, can make them actually decent users of them (hell, even FOmar's make better rangers than RAmar's with their usage of Shifta/Zalure). FOmarl is notable as the best Slicer using class, having the best ATA of the Forces and having the high MST of being a Force to deal great damage with them; they are still beaten out during bosses by FOnewearls, since FOnewearl's shoddy ATA is nulled by bosses having virtually no EVP. FOnewms, as noted, have the best overall spread of attack tech damage, and can therefore be viable in essentially every level, and while they do receive that Resta healing hit, they still have the MST to heal themselves to full HP, so the hit is really only noticeable online, when compared to other Forces. FOnewearls are absolute glass cannon techers, with the highest MST and lowest DFP, and make the best users of the widely-toted "best Force DPS" tactic of using Gimegid and using Magical Sign with Wands, which has devastating effects when used right. Honestly, all the Forces are great. You just have to pick one that suits your playstyle and aesthetic appeal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other tidbits of notable value:

-Races have individual stat assignments in respects to other races in their classes: Casts have the best HP, ATP, DFP, and ATA, while Newman have the best PP, MST, and EVP.
    -Genders all have the same stat alignment in respects to their own race/class combo, in which Males will always have more HP, ATP, and DFP, while females of the same race/class will have higher PP, ATA, MST, and EVP.
    -There are many equipments that are restricted to use by specific classes, races, genders, or a mixture of all three. Some notable ones include:

Milias Frame - Great DFP, Cast-only (has set bonuses with the powerful Milias Breaker sword and Tartaros Cannon laser)
    Mobius Plate - Tremendous DFP, Cast-only
    Kepler Suit - Best DFP armor, Male Rangers only
    Rika's Suit - Best EVP, Female Newmen only
    "Axeon" series Gunblades - Human-only
    "Garland" series Rifle (sans Liese Garland) - Cast-only
    "Romulus" series Double Sabers - Newmen-only (Gigas Romulus is noted for having the best potential DPS of any Double Saber)

There are more bits to note regarding equipment restrictions, such as set bonuses pertaining to armor/weapon combos within these restrictions, but these are by far the most notable ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's my opinion on the subject... do with them how you see fit.
    As far as online goes, anything goes; HUcasts get better with a good buffer to help them out, and Forces make great support and nukers. Rangers... just shafted, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Thank you VERY much, bro (Y)

I decided to create a HUnewearl, may you rate my build?

Final Stats:
    - HP 653
    - PP 501
    - Attack 659/660 + Weapon Attack
    - Defense 492
    - Accuracy 278 + Weapon Accuracy
    - Evasion 647
    - Technique 377/378

Materials:
    - 80 Power Materials

Mags:
    - Singleplayer: Thohn (100/0/0/0, Granir)
    - Multiplayer: Chato (99/0/0/1, Flozir)

Armor:
    - Rika's Suit +40

Units:
    - Element Boost
    - Divine/Power
    - Divine/Power
    - Divine/Power

Weapons:
    - Handgun: Rouge Pulse +10 (Level 5 Celeb, Flame Hit)
    - Gunblade: Neidaryl +10 (Level 3 Celeb, Earth Bullet)
    - Double Saber: Gigas Romulus +30 (Level 3 Celeb, Million Rave)

Pretty good, buyt might I suggest other units? You will likely get more use out of Compress PA on your HUney for getting out more PA's and charging up your techs faster, like AlShifta; you could also throw in a PP Recovery Lv5 and be able to regenerate tons of PP and basically never run out. Also, you will likely get more use out of the last slot with a Protect unit for the elemental ailments, but it's up to you on that one. I always run my HUnewearl with PP Recovery Lv5, (Protect of choice), Element Boost, and Compress PA, only swapping the Element Boost/Protect unit for Divine/Powers on bosses that don't use any specific ailments on me. :P

I thought that PP Recovery doesn't work due to HUnewearls natural ability... but I was wrong =P Thank you again, Rappy.

Nope, it stacks! I have a 768 PP FOnewearl with PP Recovery Lv5, and she heals 13 PP every 5 seconds minimum! If she stands in place for 5 seconds before the PP Regen kicks in, she heals about 40+ PP! She is the ultimate supporting Force who will never need fluids, although she still isn't that bad of a nuker since FOneweys still have the highest natural MST! ^_^

Understood

Do you know what's the max ATA bonus in weapons? I need 36 ATA to reach to 520 ATA...

Max ACC ADJ on weapons is 50, but with %'s in Native/Beast/Mech/Dark, the max is 45 ACC ADJ.

So, a top Gigas Romulus for Dark Shrine is 0/0/0/65 with 45 ACC ADJ?

No, the max for any % is 50 only if it has no other %'s; by having Dark and ACC ADJ, the best you can find would be 45% Dark [PF'd to 60%] with 45 ACC ADJ.