Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Android Boost

I keep hearing about a certain exp boost that androids get. I have a lvl 60 redria android hunter and i really need to get him to lvl 80 in order to get him to ultimate in multi-mode. (all for a freakin god/battle) problem is it's taking a lifetime.

Can someone explain the requirements for the boost? I have a Kings Ripper with around 20% hit but i don't seem to be getting a boost from it. Thanks.

Androids don't get an EXP boost. No class/race does. I dunno who told you that, but they're a looney. The only advantages androids get over other classes is that they can see traps, can set traps themselves, and regen HP while stading still. The higher level, the faster they regen HP. But as you've noticed, they can't use techs.

Team Legit Panzer Davil

I get 40xp per swing with a King's Gungnir (on ultimate, barbles and bartles for this test). I am a HUcaseal, lvl 120

My friend got less (I think it was like 26 xp or something) using the same weapon on the same enemies. He was a RAmarl, lvl 115

Another item of note is that I get 40xp with the following weapons... King's Gugnir, King's Caliber, King's Ripper. But with King's Vulcan and King's Diska, I only get 26 xp per hit.

So, it appears to me that Androids DO get an xp steal bonus... seeing as how my character stole more with the same weapons on the same enemies. I would love to hear other peoples take on this.

Funny enough, that King's Gungir now has a permenent spot in my active weapon list... nothin like stealing 240 xp and more from a gaggle of bartles/barble/gillchics/etc. to help boost you along. In fact, it is now my weapon of choice in Ultimate Heat Sword quests...

I have a theory that HU bots get xp bonuses to melee weapons, whereas RA bots get them to ranged weapons (i.e. guns / diska). Since I don't have a Ranger, does anyone else have some data to share about that?

edit: Fixed a stupid error (meant Vulcan instead of Ripper), and also added a question

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Munki on 2003-02-07 14:27 ]</font>

Vote for me For SLEEPYHEAD

androids do not get a steal boost. The exp stealing weapons steal a percentage of your exp so your lev 120 would steal move than a lev 115 as far as the multi hit weapons giving you less i dont know...makes sense to balance things a little

Team Legit Panzer Davil

Actually, the xp weapons steal a percentage of the ENEMIES xp. Specifically King's should steal 12% of an enemies xp. Not your own xp... otherwise, I would be stealing more xp NOW than I was at level 110. I can say that I have been stealing 40 xp the entire time (I was in ultimate mines at the time that I started doing this... every creature there steals for 40 xp)

And I still say that bots get a boost. I think if you take an android HU, use a melee weapon xp stealer, check the xp steal. Give the SAME weapon to another character. Then see what happens.

Maybe it is a HU - bonus... after all, the other person that tried was a RAmarl. My buddy has a lvl 140 HUnewearl. Tonite, I will have him try the King's Gugnir and I will see what he steals.

Anyway. I have backed up my statement with data that I found in the game. Believe me or not, this is what I have found. Check it for yourself.

Bah what do you know Munki? For all we know you could be making this all up to feed that giant banana ego of yours. You are just a nerd face it.

I think androids DO get an experience draining Boost. Many of my experience draining weapon steal 80XP a hit on ultimate.

These weapons are supposed to steal 12%. Let's say I hit a 250XP enemy. I should normally get 30XP but I DO get 80XP. That must be for a reason. Hucast/Android Bonus?

I'm not the only droid who experience this XP gain. I heard it from other HUcasts. I don't know how this works but it seems to top at 80XP per hit wathever the enemy is. With this, I can easily juice out a 1000XP from an enemy.

Team Legit Panzer Davil

Percival, just out of curiosity, what weps get you the 80?

I heard that the 'multi hit' weapons (i.e. Partisans/Swords/Daggers) only get 40, whereas the god hand and sabers get more... but as I don't have either the hand or a saber it never happens...

Anicent Saber... But I'm pretty sure I was getting the same experience gain with another more common weapon... what was it... King Partisan? Not sure... but it definitly was a king weapon.

Team Legit Panzer Davil

Huh, the plot thikens... I have been using King's Partison w/ HUcaseal, and I get 40 xp per monster I hit...

Maybe the HUcast gets a bigger boost than HUcaseal? As if HUcast needed anymore bonuses, the crazy Red Mech wieldin foos

I guess this calls for more expiramentation...