Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RAWR! Go beast-boy, it's your birthday... NexGen's Avatar

Your compensation is that you won't be booted for lagging everyone to death.

I think that's more than enough.
    NexGen (150) - Beast: (GM, FF, FG, WT, PT, FiG, level 20)

Kubara Salesman (150) - Human: (FiG, PT, level 20)

NexGen MK 2 (150) - Cast: (GM, FG, level 20)

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_J View Post

Seriously, how would you feel after spending a decent amount of cash on a gaming rig, only for the company that made it to tell you "uh, ps2 users lag so we're just taking them out". .
    I'd feel pretty stupid.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

I agree with the option for making it available on PC systems. I think it'd be nice if we could toggle it on or off if we wanted. Maybe if they make another expansion (an expansion expansion, or expansion^2, if you will), they can make it a toggleable option.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Just to clear up the "MISS" quote by Smidge204. I am not upset that I can't "show off". It is not only about "MY" Technics but also others. When I am playing with a friend who has his Diga at 40 and he has been working to get to 41 and he gets it there while in a mission with me I can't share in his acomplishment as I watch his Diga ball transform into a massive planettoid. Also, if you read correctly, I stated that I was unsure if it stayed at 41 for my self but looked 21 to every one other than me and if so it would soften the blow.

A toggle option would not be good. In order to help keep an action game, like this, in sync; particularly across systems, it helps if everybody was on the same page, for this. They'd probably have a cow trying to work out complications based on who has the graphic-tech-limit on or off.

Remember, this limit, in the first place, is sort of a quick fix due to a miscalculation of making the tech graphics streamlined and scaled properly to be futureproof. The proper way would be to retool the tech graphics for better performance and yet artistic enough to look splendid in their own right; however, this change may be more complicated than it looks.

Still, the effort here is not to kill a class, but to aid a class.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Jan 20, 2009 at 01:43 PM.

Consider the blow softened, then.

Also, note that only Forces have any significant variation in their PA's visual effects from leveling. If that's all you care about then you're still ahead of everyone else. "Share in his accomplishment" indeed.

It still boils down to "wah I can't show off anymore" even if you include your friends into the mix. It has zero effect on actual game play unlike some other tweaks they've done, so I politely suggest that you'll get over it eventually.

Edit: Akaimizu - I'm not so sure. The graphics are 100% client-side after all, so making it an option should not present any technical difficulties. For example, you can already set numerous other graphical options like texture detail and shadows. What this entails in terms of patching the client is another matter... it might be a very unwieldy solution to implement. (As an amateur programmer, though, I can't think of any reason why "If (tech_lvl > 21) tech_lvl = 21;" is any harder than "If (nerf_tech_flag == 1 && tech_lvl > 21) tech_lvl = 21;")

=Smidge=

P.S. Thanks for the info, ZeroTheBurninator.
    Last edited by Smidge204; Jan 20, 2009 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_J View Post
    Still, that's not the problem. Several friends, myself included, have gaming pc's built for handling these...and more. Some of them don't play techer and still want to see the fx. Why should they be nerfed when they have a pc more then capable of handling it?

Granted, people are getting pissed about this for the wrong reasons. PS2 should not have to deal with the tech lag/spam. Still, the option should be there for PC/360 players who desire to see the fx (still not sure how bad they lag on 360, but still should be up to the players to turn on/off).

Seriously, how would you feel after spending a decent amount of cash on a gaming rig, only for the company that made it to tell you "uh, ps2 users lag so we're just taking them out". I've said it many, many times before...it's just a lazy fix that needs to be resolved. Then the people who get lagged or are blinded by the techs don't have to look at them. The people who want eye candy can still leave them on. A simple enough solution, that is far from simple with segac.
    Agreed. I don't play a force, but I still wanna see the Fx. PC users should have the option to switch it back on. I haven't seen this update atm, so I'm not gonna get all ticked yet.

Small insignificant downgrade that others won't worry about later? Maybe. Just remember, these pile up to become major problems in the game itself. I'd be angry cause it'd be just another step in the wrong direction.

This is what happens when you force muilti platform with games that shouldn't have it. If there's a problem with one, there's a problem with all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    A toggle option would not be good. In order to help keep an action game, like this, in sync; particularly across systems, it helps if everybody was on the same page, for this.
    Except that not everyone is on the same page. The person using the tech is still going to see the same thing they always saw.

BTW, there is no syching across systems done on this game. The game is played locally and then the data is transported to the server.

Have you ever run a mission and seen a creature teleport from one side of the screen to another (Ubakrada, Magashi, Orcdillian, Galdeen, etc)? That's because they were is a different location on another screen. Ever see your PM smacking a creature and no damage being dealt to that creature? That's because the creature is not there on another player's screen, so the damage isn't being calculated (I have no idea why NPCs can't hit creatures on your screen unless they are also at the same location on someone else's screen BTW). Ever notice your NPC take damage and die even though there was nothing there on your screen? That's because they took damage on someone else's system.

You say they have to keep things in sync, when they have never bothered to do that before.

As for the assholes saying "you should be thankful for not being booted from parties", why should I be thankful that a bunch of dicks in the game would want to play with me?

I'm fine with soloing as a masterforce and I don't need to be thankful for f'tards and morons.

Red face

Every force shall look like a crappy force and shall be the victim of idiocy (stupid people).

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

My "be grateful you don't get booted" comment was meant to be sarcastic, as given away by the "OMGROFLZORZ" afterwards. Plus, I agree with the synching thing - I used to play with satellite which caused horrible horrible amounts of lag between me and other players - synching was never an issue before. Adding a toggle option would be equivalent to adding any of the other graphic settings on the options menu - no toggling techs would be equivalent to saying "you have to play at resolution X by Y with these settings because that's what PS2's use," and I know that would make TONS of people upset (myself included). I really don't think it would do anything major other than causing the developer (i.e. Sega) work a bit at their code to figure out how to make it work, and thus it would take a while before we got an option like that.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!